Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castrating High Level Players.

SpiderWaifu

All that I've gotten from this update so far in terms of gameplay.

A reset would have been better than what DE's done with the mod system. I'm all for it, combining mods and such, but, as the title suggests, it has castrated the high level players. We've become horribly impotent, and it just shows even more how important mods are.

Other than a complete reset and refund on accounts, the mod overhaul should have been handled better, ie, converting all of the mods we've collected, rather than turning them in to crafting trash and removing the high level player power.

One player said the removal of our mods, was to make us the same as the new players, and have to restart from scratch... But we weren't reset, simply had our mods removed.

I know I can simply grind my way up [for the 4th-7th times for my 3 warframes... :/ ] and get mods again, but come on...

IMO - Reset > Mod removal.

I know how you feel. My wife and I have pretty much quit. I have read enough "it's not so bad!" threads, but really for us to get started again, it's gonna take a lot.

It was too easy before, now its too hard now; frankly it rather sounds like whining. I love the new system. Take a new Frame and run through the levels, maybe that way you wont feel like you're retrying an old path, but whining about having to level up mods is getting old real quick.

It was too easy before, now its too hard now; frankly it rather sounds like whining. I love the new system. Take a new Frame and run through the levels, maybe that way you wont feel like you're retrying an old path, but whining about having to level up mods is getting old real quick.

I haven't said, personally, that it's too hard. Just feels like, aside from credits that there really has been a reset. It would have been nice to feel like grinding before did some good, because at the moment that's not the case. The game didn't need to be more flashy, it's already one of the best looking games on the market. Running through things we already ran through countless times is a poor salve for the very fresh wound.

I've heard several folk say they want a reset. Maybe I'm missing something, but other than getting all your plat back in a pile, and the opportunity to choose a new WF to start with....isn't a reset just like playing the game after U7, but with less? What am I overlooking?

It just feels more refreshing.

It's something like this. Rather than going from being powerful, down to at the same power level as starting players [lvl1 = lvl30 without mods now...] it feels better to restart at level one, as apposed to your level 30 being the same as level one.

I'm fine with the new mod system, and balancing difficulty. No issues there, but the way the transition was executed is what bothers me. It could have been a bit more graceful imo.

Edited by SpiderWaifu

Give the reset option to the ones who want it. Fine by me. Just don't reset the others who are satisfied with their game as it is atm

That's exactly what I wanted with this post, and to point out that the mod system transition was ungraceful.

I'm asking more for a reset button than anything. Before I was against this sort of thing, but now that the mod overhaul is in... I really want one now.

asuming your not a founder and you seams to have put 0 $$ in the game , why would it be any good to reset your accont to 0 ? there is no point at all unless you want platinum back because you made to much mistake with it ...

A reset will not help you by any mean if your caracter or guns are level 30 with 60 power in it all it mean is thats &#! soon as you get mods for it youll be able to equip those whiout having to deal with power managements ( like low level caracter and weapons as to deal with ))

all your progress while playing your class or guns remains and your possibility to combine all the new mods for your gears are pretty endless at the start since you can equip anything because you have 60 power slots

So your request seams pretty silly unless you really want to have your plat back but youll loose all your ressources , your blueprint , your weapons and frames level your frames and so on

Is it worth it ? i dont think so especially if you did not put a fair amount of plat

Edited by Stew360

All that I've gotten from this update so far in terms of gameplay.

A reset would have been better than what DE's done with the mod system. I'm all for it, combining mods and such, but, as the title suggests, it has castrated the high level players. We've become horribly impotent, and it just shows even more how important mods are.

Other than a complete reset and refund on accounts, the mod overhaul should have been handled better, ie, converting all of the mods we've collected, rather than turning them in to crafting trash and removing the high level player power.

One player said the removal of our mods, was to make us the same as the new players, and have to restart from scratch... But we weren't reset, simply had our mods removed.

I know I can simply grind my way up [for the 4th-7th times for my 3 warframes... :/ ] and get mods again, but come on...

IMO - Reset > Mod removal.

Stop crying baby. I have only been playing for 2 days, and I have decked out mods, and tons of fusion parts left over. Just play the game. I get around 3-5 mods a round.

Stop crying baby. I have only been playing for 2 days, and I have decked out mods, and tons of fusion parts left over. Just play the game. I get around 3-5 mods a round.

I'll amuse you, troll. How big a pile of credits were you floating on? The 280 fusion mods I got would not have 'decked' out a single shield cap mod [halfway progress to get the final rank] and cost 840k.

It just feels more refreshing.

It's something like this. Rather than going from being powerful, down to at the same power level as starting players [lvl1 = lvl30 without mods now...] it feels better to restart at level one, as apposed to your level 30 being the same as level one.

I'm fine with the new mod system, and balancing difficulty. No issues there, but the way the transition was executed is what bothers me. It could have been a bit more graceful imo.

Sure if they had a bigger team, weren't working on a PAX demo, and working on a Steam release. I think there's a bit of a sticker shock, but it should wear off with time. Get a shield or health mod, a few damage mods and you'll feel right as rain.

I haven't said, personally, that it's too hard. Just feels like, aside from credits that there really has been a reset. It would have been nice to feel like grinding before did some good, because at the moment that's not the case. The game didn't need to be more flashy, it's already one of the best looking games on the market. Running through things we already ran through countless times is a poor salve for the very fresh wound.

There's no real solution to running through content over and over again. The Devs have given us randomization to a point but it can't totally disguise old levels. STO has the foundry and maybe the Dev's will pull together something like that in the distant future, but its a lot of work for a small team. I'm not making excuses but I think your expectations have to be realistic.

I'll amuse you, troll. How big a pile of credits were you floating on? The 280 fusion mods I got would not have 'decked' out a single shield cap mod [halfway progress to get the final rank] and cost 840k.

Some people had nearly 10 Million credits, an insane amount to most of us who had a few hundred thousand but that is what it is. No use being bitter that they played the game better than us. Frankly you don't really need to Max rank every mod, even a few ranks can mean a world of difference. There are a few good guides but the rule of thumb seems to be one or two rare mods, and then as many uncommons until the bump up stops being worth the price.

You seem to be taking an critism against this game as a personal attack to you, and the game makers. :/

We're in beta. We're supposed to talk about aspects of the game we don't like. I didn't like the transition of the mod system.

Sure if they had a bigger team, weren't working on a PAX demo, and working on a Steam release. I think there's a bit of a sticker shock, but it should wear off with time. Get a shield or health mod, a few damage mods and you'll feel right as rain.

Some people had nearly 10 Million credits, an insane amount to most of us who had a few hundred thousand but that is what it is. No use being bitter that they played the game better than us. Frankly you don't really need to Max rank every mod, even a few ranks can mean a world of difference. There are a few good guides but the rule of thumb seems to be one or two rare mods, and then as many uncommons until the bump up stops being worth the price.

I have gotten a few mods and such to make myself stronger. Still would rather have a reset. An optional one is coming anyways.

Money was easy to pile up in this game, and it still is. You dont need to be 'better' than other players, just farm a lot.

This thread seems to have brought out a lot of emotions in people. It's gotten awefully snappy and angry in here.