Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Developers, When You Will Fix Bug With Flying Tenno With Dual-Zorenz(And Another Weapons)

Aquartos

It breaks immersion, I was in a conclave and a guy had loki+rush+modded zorens.....

He was a f****ing bouncing ball of hell,he was moving so fast it was impossible to hit him,

I had to "press faster than light blade storm button hoping he gets in range" at last even the bladestorm animation bugged because of his speed,my ash(after the animation bug) was shaking so hard,I thought he was going to split into 2 ash's.

Get copting out of the way please.

We're space ninjas, not Japanese mecha-robot-suit school girls ._.

I could go for a humourus response here, which I usually prefer, but is that really a good reason not to have some kind of prepulsion? I'm sure in a game about the future a tiny jet boost to cover small distances shouldn't be an issue at all. Gameplay wise it also serves as a small compromise when the zorencoptering is removed.

And to be honest, we are just as close to being japanse mech-girls as ninjas anyway :P

Coptering is not a problem. That quick movement is ABSOLUTELY needed for closing the gap quickly to kill an enemy with melee.

The problem I see with people yelling to get rid of it is because they're against rushers. But "rushers" aren't warframe's fault. It's the players own fault for not functioning in a team. Seriously people.

Stop trying to FORCE others to play the way you want by changing the game itself. Play with friends or clanmates.

Edited by Ribboz

I could go for a humourus response here, which I usually prefer, but is that really a good reason not to have some kind of prepulsion? I'm sure in a game about the future a tiny jet boost to cover small distances shouldn't be an issue at all. Gameplay wise it also serves as a small compromise when the zorencoptering is removed.

And to be honest, we are just as close to being japanse mech-girls as ninjas anyway :P

It is a good reason.

This is not a Gundam game.

It is not a bullet hell game.

Warframes are not mechas with jets in their boots.

Edited by Brimir

Perhaps it's a greater issue in Conclave, I dunno. Personally I like seeing engine exploits in games as long as they don't completely screw over a character/class/frame/etc. FPSes would be a lot different (and maybe even more boring) today without rocket jumping, as would fighting games without combos. From the way it's being discussed in the context of Conclave, it reminds me of Team Fortress Classic medics and scouts conc jumping all over the place.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Perhaps it's a greater issue in Conclave, I dunno. Personally I like seeing engine exploits in games as long as they don't completely screw over a character/class/frame/etc. FPSes would be a lot different (and maybe even more boring) today without rocket jumping, as would fighting games without combos. From the way it's being discussed in the context of Conclave, it reminds me of Team Fortress Classic medics and scouts conc jumping all over the place.

Coptering is not a problem. That quick movement is ABSOLUTELY needed for closing the gap quickly to kill an enemy with melee.

The problem I see with people yelling to get rid of it is because they're against rushers. But "rushers" aren't warframe's fault. It's the players own fault for not functioning in a team. Seriously people.

Stop trying to FORCE others to play the way you want by changing the game itself. Play with friends or clanmates.

There is nothing wrong with the combo itself, like Ribboz said.

And it's not about rushers. It's about how incredibly stupid, $&*&*#(%&, immersion breaking and buggy it looks when it is done with weapons like dual zoren. It is so overly effective that players do nothing but spamm it.

More about what I am trying to say, and how this might end for all of us happily (hopefully) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145178-sprinting-should-gradually-become-tiny-bit-faster-after-some-sprinting-and-how-everyone-will-be-happy/

Considering how long it have been here im pretty sure its not a bug.

Seriously? Rhinos flying across maps with legs twirling at a million miles an hour while the upper body is perfectly upright and relaxed is not a bug?

You've got to be kidding me.

OT: It's a bug, and the devs acknowledged it a long while back. It's only still in the game due to its popularity.

As an avid copterer, I think that the devs should turn it into a feature. Change the animations. No more flying sanic legs nonsense.

And then the gottagofast players will just spiderman around using the wallrun release speed boost. People can and will find ways to go fast. Don't try and remove them so we have to run around at an arthritic pace. Next you'll want to remove the parkour shortcut options to make it easier to keep up. There's already a thread asking for the rush mods to be removed so people won't be fast. Oh, I know! Lets just remove sprinting. Then we can remove jumping next!

And then the gottagofast players will just spiderman around using the wallrun release speed boost. People can and will find ways to go fast. Don't try and remove them so we have to run around at an arthritic pace. Next you'll want to remove the parkour shortcut options to make it easier to keep up. There's already a thread asking for the rush mods to be removed so people won't be fast. Oh, I know! Lets just remove sprinting. Then we can remove jumping next!

Coptering and wallflying are bugs. Mobility can and should be accomplished without them.

Coptering and wallflying are bugs. Mobility can and should be accomplished without them.

Well. If they remove those two, there is still butt-sliding (sprinting and periodically hitting CTRL to slide on your butt for a boost of speed).

"Breaking immersion"?

How do you break immersion in a space ninja game with rocket launchers, butt sliding, fire balls and snow globes that let bullets go out, but prevent them from coming in?

Video games are supposed to be fun. And coptering is fun. If it breaks your delicate and ludicrous sense of immersion, too bad.

My guess is that most people who are anti-coptering never learned they could rebind their keys and plain find coptering too difficult to do. I may be wrong about this.

Well. If they remove those two, there is still butt-sliding (sprinting and periodically hitting CTRL to slide on your butt for a boost of speed).

That's true. The boost it gives is more for quickly avoiding attacks than anything, though, and doesn't really have much of an effect on your overall movement speed, even if it does boost it by a tiny bit.

My guess is that most people who are anti-coptering never learned they could rebind their keys and plain find coptering too difficult to do. I may be wrong about this.

You are.

It is a ridiculous strawman.

Anyway, the problem isn't so much the speed boost but rather how you attain it. "Legit" means such as sprinting just doesn't cut it, and thus people 'copter around. The fix isn't just to remove 'coptering but make sprinting (and other movement) feel more effective and engaging.

"Breaking immersion"?

How do you break immersion in a space ninja game with rocket launchers, butt sliding, fire balls and snow globes that let bullets go out, but prevent them from coming in?

Video games are supposed to be fun. And coptering is fun. If it breaks your delicate and ludicrous sense of immersion, too bad.

you just.... don't get it... ARGGhh (yes I am kind of mad)

And yes I did find coptering fun and it's incredibly easy to spamm, but it's not what I want warframe to be.

ew don't even mention that nonsense.

OKAY IT'S ENOUGH, JUST CHECK THIS THREAD ALREADY

It suggests how all of this nonsense bullS#&$ could be sorted without making too many peeps mad.  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145178-coptering-and-butt-sliding-gottagofast-or-be-an-actual-space-ninja/?p=1720451

That's true. The boost it gives is more for quickly avoiding attacks than anything, though, and doesn't really have much of an effect on your overall movement speed, even if it does boost it by a tiny bit.

I GUESS WE HAVE TO REMOVE THAT TOO, THEN! CAN'T HAVE PLAYERS DO ANYTHING BUT SPRINT AND WALK WHILE WAITING FOR THE SPRINT GAUGE TO REFILL!

Hell, wallrunning itself doesn't make any sense physicswise. You couldn't maintain the momentum against a wall for more than a second or so at best, and you wouldn't be able to turn an outside corner like you can now. Stop trying to bring realism into a game about space wizard ninjas being awesome. Stop trying to take our fun away. The only way taking away coptering and other speed options away would be acceptable is if they made it so frames moved that fast by default, so we wouldn't need to use them to go at a reasonable speed.

You are.

It is a ridiculous strawman.

Anyway, the problem isn't so much the speed boost but rather how you attain it. "Legit" means such as sprinting just doesn't cut it, and thus people 'copter around. The fix isn't just to remove 'coptering but make sprinting (and other movement) feel more effective and engaging.

you do not make something feel more effective and engaging by removing something that does.