Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re:volt Sucks

Adenela

i dont see it. played him from rank 0 to 30 with little complaints. MAYBE (and this is really a maybe) if i played him as a new player with no good equipment i would have hated him since his abilities rely heavily on weapon quality(which is also true for loki).

his electric shield makes crit weapons like the grakata, soma and synapse do absurd damage. if you or someone else(or lol ur entire party) has an ignis or embolist u can just cast speed and everyone can just sweep through rooms on survival. as for shock, i feel like its like frost's freeze(execpt not entirely useless) because of its 100% stun proc and with no cast time/delay.

the only problems i actually have with volt are his ult and his description. as ive said above, his abilities allow him to effectively use his weapons(mostly rifles, hell he even has a v polarity aura for rifle amp) meaning any damage his abilities do are negligible compared to his rifle dps w/ electric shield. seriously by burst firing my synapse on grineer heads i was doing 3k-4k damage w/ just a split chamber, 2x crit damage, and corrosive i didnt even have serration or heavy caliber on. whats funny is that his descriptions says his abilities allow him to have an alternative to gunplay and i believe that is entirely wrong. unlike most frames that have abilities that just straight up murder the entire room, volt's abilities augment his weapons as well as others that happen to be nearby. in other words his abilities allow him to destroy with gunplay.

Who is saying Volt sucks? This is the third or fourth time I've seen a thread start on that premise this weekend and I've yet to see a person actually claim that Volt is bad. He's got cover, speed and % based damage increases. He's fine.

Who is saying Volt sucks? This is the third or fourth time I've seen a thread start on that premise this weekend and I've yet to see a person actually claim that Volt is bad. He's got cover, speed and % based damage increases. He's fine.

Dude, read the actual post. He's replying to people who say he sucks by outlining why he doesn't suck at all.

I like volt, like having him on teams and such. My friend who is a hardcore volt user enjoys him more nowadays than he did before. But says that he's still on the weaker end of the warframe spectrum, opposite rhino.

Dude, read the actual post. He's replying to people who say he sucks by outlining why he doesn't suck at all.

I like volt, like having him on teams and such. My friend who is a hardcore volt user enjoys him more nowadays than he did before. But says that he's still on the weaker end of the warframe spectrum, opposite rhino.

Yes. Now read my actual post. My question stands.

Now that I've got Fleeting Expertise on mine, Volt is swiftly becoming my favorite frame. He really is "a potent alternative to gunplay" when you get to the point that you can unleash chain lightning on everything non stop.

Really I only have two complaints at this point about Volt.

1.) Electric Shield. I just...do not feel this power. I know people rave about this constantly, but for me it's meh. If I need enemies to stop shooting me I just Shock them and them pick them off while they do the electrocution dance. It's handy for killing Phorid I guess since you can melt his face off in seconds with a Synapse from a safe distance. But in general Warframe is a mobility game. This would be much much more useful to me if it followed the player around and offered some defensive benefit.

2.) It's hard to know where is a good location to Overload. It benefits enormously from having machinery to work with, but only a fraction of the stuff that LOOKS like machinery actually counts for Overload purpose.

Nerf volt  he is to stylish.

Well jokes aside, yeah he is lacking but lets be fair most frames are on the lower end.

Volt

Valkyr

Necros

Saryn

Excalibur

bla bla bla....

and oh god poor ember

against

Rhino

Nova

Vauban

Trinity

maybe Frost and Nyx

So yeah i would go as far and say 60% of all frames lose out.