Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe To Updgrade Next?

unit8606

Question

Hello all!

I have couple warframes on lvl 30. I already forma'd Booben 3 times and I feel upgrading him further will not help me anymore, so I wanted to shift my interest to something new.

I have Volt which I love, although I am concerned about his usefulness in late game- I already have problems survivng some missions using him and I am speaking only of Phobos missions so far. That said I sometimes play solo, if I can't find any squad.

Second choice would be Frost which I like very much too- he has decent survivability, but he feels tad slow and as a supporter and CC inferior to Vauban.

Third choice which I also like is Rhino, but he already feels like "easy mode" so I am not sure if I really need to forma him.

Fourth could be Oberon which seems fine too.

Which would you choose? I am in Sedna/Phobos/Saturn right now and while Booben requires some planning and caution he is perfectly viable even solo there. I would like to have another frame from those above upgraded decently to be used as my second choice whenever I feel I need a change from Vauban's playstyle :)

Cheers!

5 answers to this question

Rhino is indeed ez mode, I don't play him much any more for that reason. 

Frost is mr.Snowglobe, you can throw other abiltie away, I dont think you want to even potatoe him, get Frost Prime at least.  

Loki is really fun, try him, very good for solo and not a faceroll, you die if invis runs out and many enemies are nearby, worth maxing. 

Oberon is good caster/healer - you can spam ult/heal endlessly with Rage, but his damage doesnt scale. Still worth potatoing atleast, if you dont mid his weird look.

Also have potatoe/forma Valk and Ex, they are fun to play if not very strong. Valk is almost immortal with Rage.

Edited by Monolake

I think you summed it up pretty well. I recommend any established player have a good Iron Skin build for when you're feeling lazy or just really tired of being CC'd. Sometimes you feel like playing but you're not up for playing. :P

I'd say that if you like normal melee build volt for speed and shields this just means power strength and shield mods as he already has the highest shields in the game (I JUST WANT HIS BASE SPRINT SPEED INCREASED!)

Edited by Axeroix

thank you all for answers!

My every warframe and almost every weapon that passes initial subjective awesomeness test is potatoed :) I have Excal, but early in the game I decided to spend some plat on new frame and immediately bought Volt, which was OP on first three tilesets and I fell in love with it. Also i got my Rhino components relatively easy so once I had Rhino I didn't bother to touch Excalibur...

That said, I might try Loki but I am not very convinced. I've read many topics on him, and I acknowledge he is powerful frame with pretty unique playstyle, tho I am not sure whether it is "my" playstyle. So no, Loki will have to wait a bit more till I try him.

I also usually don't play female characters in such games, call it weird but being male I like to stay male in the game (with sissy clothes on, ok, but male :D ). So there's that- it limits me to couple frames ;)

Only thing that really keeps me from putting forma on Volt is proc damage that gets high later on- I almost bled out the other night playing on Phobos. Playing same missions with Vauban I somehow manage to keep everyone on safe distance or cripple them enough to mitigate good chunk of damage and bad things coming my way, but playing Volt I find myself in trouble pretty often. I begin to wonder if it isn't flaw in my tactics rather than frame's problem.