Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff The Useless Afuris Pistols.

Ransurias

They're fun to use, albeit nearly useless in comparison to any other machine pistols by the time high-end content rears its ugly head. At a mere 10 puncture damage at base, a well-modded Afuris tends to struggle against relatively high-level Grineer, and that's to say nothing of its laughable performance against Corpus -- and, for that matter, the vast majority of infested. There's really no pragmatic reason to build and use them, to my knowledge.

They're fun to use, albeit nearly useless in comparison to any other machine pistols by the time high-end content rears its ugly head. At a mere 10 puncture damage at base, a well-modded Afuris tends to struggle against relatively high-level Grineer, and that's to say nothing of its laughable performance against Corpus -- and, for that matter, the vast majority of infested. There's really no pragmatic reason to build and use them, to my knowledge.

Care to screen shot and post your build?

Afuris are weak.  In comparison to other weaponry they really are.  I remember when they weren't though...that was back when hek and gorgon were the uber OP weaponry.

In relation to the OP but not the OP's point, please balance the weaponry in this game....

Afuris are weak.  In comparison to other weaponry they really are.  I remember when they weren't though...that was back when hek and gorgon were the uber OP weaponry.

In relation to the OP but not the OP's point, please balance the weaponry in this game....

In comparison to other weaponry.. they are not. They are only 700dps behind the soma(top primary), and only 1000 behind the Cestra, the only other fully automatic pistol that is better (not counting viper wraiths).

Afuris unleash a barrage of pure molten lead, covered in elements that drown your enemies in their own blood.

I have no idea what the OP is talking about.

Very nice.

OP I think you might just need to take a look at your builds, remember that pistol mods are very, very, powerful. With 180% multishot, 220% damage and appropriate elementals, they are a force to be reckoned with.

The Afuris is far from useless, I've used it in Nuovo surival, modded for Viral damage (don't even have it Forma'ed, just a Potato) and they decimate medium/light Grineer quick.

TS, if you could provide more details as to how you're modding your Afuris and what level of Grineer you were up against, as well as which Grineer you were shooting (as some of them have different weaknesses with regards to elemental combos)?

http://dpsframe.com/

Lists them as 10th (out of 37) highest Dps Pistol overall (Arguable to if thats important but just a guide)

They are better then normal twin vipers and pretty good at their job based on damage type. 

Also they dont need a buff as eventually we will see Afuris Prime. 

As other people have said "Show builds or it didn't happen!"