The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Them Global Kill Leaderboards

Eliard

(This prooobably should have gone in GD?)

Now that it's finally over... How many of you went to the grind to try getting a spot on it? I sure did, so here are some of the thoughts I had during that gauntlet.

---

You might be obsessed with kills if...

...you force yourself to play as Nova in public games.

...you get annoyed when someone else in the game is also a Nova.

...you start playing private games as a result.

...you slave-drive your poor, overheating laptop to be a spawn booster mule in your missions.

...you suicide your spawn mule so you don't have to wait the extra minute at extraction. (RNGesus really hated me on this one with those Thunderbolt procs...)

...you start timing your missions so you can calculate (during loading screens, of course!) which types give the best kps (kills per second).

Infested invasion survival (not alerts) give the highest, followed by Infested Mobile Defense, followed by Derelict Defense or Derelict Survival (depending on how lucky you get with the tiles and which frame you're using). To be honest though, they're all pretty close (~.7 kps), but in a Corpus Outpost Infested survival, you can get close to (or even over) 1 kps. ODD is honestly the most accessible and reliable though - 1.3k kills for 25 waves, roughly 30-32 minutes.

...you realize that the true enemies in Derelict Defense are not Ancient Disruptors, but Runners - because they steal their own kills from you when they suicide.

...wait, what's sleep?

...derelict defense derelict defense derelict defense OOH YAYY MARS IS INVADED AGAIN

...Vauban was one of your least-used frames, but is now one of your most-used.

...Lights flickered? YOU WATCH WHERE YOU AIM THAT SLASH DASH, IT BETTER HIT ONLY ME AND NOTHING ELSE

...you get mad at how "long" your Ignis takes to reload because invariably, a Runner is about to suicide as soon as your current mag runs out.

...Ignis is now your most-used weapon. (almost true here - beaten only by Acrid due to its OPness in 1.0, but I haven't touched it since 2.0 lel.)

...you pick up a rare mod on your main, but don't bother to move the spawn mule to double up on it.

...@(*()$ RUNNERS

---

What about you guys?

Edited by Eliard

Meh... started at 1150, finished at ~740.

Played mostly ODD solo high waves & Invasion Mobile Defences with Infested.

Being a $&*&*#(%& ultispammer (mostly Nova+Penta who's camping spawns on Xini) not worth it. A saw a lot of players like this while hunted Harvester there last days.

It's nothing more than disturbing, that's why i chose my way.

Edited by Riccoshot

Well, I just set a goal for myself not to fall out of the top 1000 - I was somewhere around rank 600-ish in December but didn't play Warframe all that much, took a break and played L4D2, Killing Floor, F.E.A.R. 3.

Didn't really grind, was still going about my normal routine of trying out different weapon builds while farming forma in Void/Grineer Survival while using a Loki the majority of the time. At the time the Global Leaderboard ended, I was at rank 962 (was fluctuating from 950 to just below cut-off like 1008 this week) so mission accomplished. :)

Well, I just set a goal for myself not to fall out of the top 1000 - I was somewhere around rank 600-ish in December but didn't play Warframe all that much, took a break and played L4D2, Killing Floor, F.E.A.R. 3.

Didn't really grind all that much, was still going about my normal routine of trying out different weapon builds while farming forma in Void/Grineer while using a Loki the majority of the time. At the time the Global Leaderboard ended, I was at rank 962 (was fluctuating from 950 to just below cut-off like 1008 this week) so mission accomplished. :)

same as you, being in the top 1000 is more than enough, the badge is awesome also.