Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lato Vs. Lato Prime (And Skana Prime)

Eruend

(Disregard this entire topic unless it's to laugh at me. I've been writing under the influence of Extinguished Dragon Key.)

Ok... Now I get that giving out exclussive weapons to people who pay is generally not a good idea seeing as it would make the game "pay to win" and that model is a sure fire method of dooming many a game.

That said, I also believe in the exclusivity of event items and how they can (not should) be stronger then their regular counter-parts. It gives the player an excuse to equip it and show that he's been through it without gimping his game.

Lato and Skana Prime were given to people who shelled out a good ammount of money as part of the founder's program. Most of these people didn't do it for the exclusive items. Heck, many didn't even do it to support DE. They did it for the plat and the seat at the Design Council. At that time, yes. it would have been a bad thing to have these weapons stand out above anything. However, this "event" ended pre-damage 2.0. No one has further access to it, and thus, the P2W option is out the window. What we are left with are these:

(Omitting stats that remain the same)

Lato:

1 Impact

3 Puncture

7 Slash

1.5x/2.5% crit

1% status

Lato Prime

0 Impact

1 Puncture

3 Slash

2.0x/5.0% crit

5% status

What the (banana)...

Lato Prime actually has HALF of the reg Lato's damage... Rounded down.

Why?

Oh! Look! It has more crit and status! Surely that's a saving grace! WRONG. Even with those buffs, the damage is still lower and even with a crit... Lato Prime deals less damage with a CRIT then reg Lato's BASE DAMAGE. And who goes for status effects with 5%? No one.

So basicly, DE shafted a gun so badly that it's a waste of development resources and a direct insult to the people who payed for the founder's package, regardless of reasons. Seriously... It can't even compare to the Lato, which is already one of, if not, THE worst secondary weapon available to the masses.

No one in their right mind will use this gun. There's just no reason to. "Yeah, but it's purty." Sure, it looks nice, but why would someone who has access to Despair, Brakk, Twin Vipers Wraith or the Tysis even bother with it? Which are guns anyone in the Council already has by now (save for maybe one or two event weapons). Looks and prestige can only carry a gun so far. Specially since your secondary weapon choice plays such a heavy role in this game.

But no. We got a big stinking pile of Lato Prime instead. (I believe using the regular term to describe the Lato Prime would only serve to degrade fertiliser and its origins.) So yes. Thank you DE for telling the founders that they aren't worth (monkey) by giving us something so clearly worst.

This all applies to Skana vs. Skana Prime as well.

Pay to Win should be a crime, but a more heinous crime is to so blatantly laugh at the faces of the people who support you.

Don't make Lato Prime or Skana Prime OP. But boost them to parity with currently useable weapons ATLEAST. Atleast make them as good as dual Vasto or something like that. Give us a reason to put it to our hip and make us proud to say we payed to support you (even if it's a shallow lie to most). It doesn't need to be top tier. It just needs to be useable. Which it is not.

I hope I've painted this clearly enough. With all this redundancy, it should be able to give a clear picture to a 7 year old.

(edit) Yes. I am mad.

Edited by Eruend

Kakya, where are you getting this info from?

I'm looking at the in game stats. Comparing both DIRECTLY.

Your Wiki fails you.

It is Makya, not Kakya...

I am looking at the ingame Codex, you know.. the one DE has of all weapon stats?

Game's telling me that Skana Prime has 1,1,5 damage.

wow.

The game seems to have conflicting info.

(edit)

Huh. Codex stats are difrent from the equip menu stats. The heck?

Edited by Eruend

Lato:

1 Impact

3 Puncture

7 Slash

1.5x/2.5% crit

1% status

Lato Prime

0 Impact

1 Puncture

3 Slash

2.0x/5.0% crit

5% status

What the (banana)...

Lato Prime actually has HALF of the reg Lato's damage... Rounded down.

(edit) Yes. I am mad.

Have you ever been so mad, you made a whole rant based on wrong info?

I have to ask though, did you only recently start using the key or have you left it on and was still blowing through content so much you wanted another personal nerf to use the Lato Prime? (Would it be alright to ask for a Lato Buff?)

I honestly forgot I had it on. I usually have Hobbled on when I run Dragon Keys since I still beat everyone to extraction with it. (no Zoren Copters either). Easy enough to spot the difrence between hobbled and not, so it was never an issue.

Didn't particularly notice Ext since my damage at the end of missions was still notably higher then most. Was wondering a little how some people managed to do twice my DPS though. It just never hit me.

Edited by Eruend