The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Stagger The Enemies?

brightfire37

I was playing one of the corpus invasions, fighting for the corpus, and more than once I was killed by an Eviscerator as I tried to melee him to death thinking that would cause him to stop shooting.  I get that the Eviscerator is supposed to be a tough, high level enemy but once, just once I'd like to see my melee save me from death instead of being the cause of it.  Anyone else think we should be able to stagger enemies just like they can do to us?

Assumptions below.

1. DEVs took stagger away from us and made stagger into blast/knock down.  Everything Procs low so it's difficult to say blast is better.

2, To make the game harder.

3. DEV over estimated the Proc percentage enemies have.

4. I dunno.

5. I wish there was a mod to combat stagger.

6.Screw it I'll just kill them before they touch me.

7.Find Coolant leak.

I have coolant leak, I even use it :) but coolant leak doesn't slow down bullets because... well... there bullets... Impact damage does knockback which is fine but most of the melee weapons have really low proc chances & really low impact damage.  I'm not really certain of the science behind it but I'm pretty sure that changes the chance of getting it to go off.

I used to put stagger/cold mods on my sentinel, everything around me was staggered and slowed down, I could snipe/bow them it was awesome, now forget that 1% status on sentinels, might as well be 0%. Damage 2.0 really has some drawbacks imo.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I think the innate status effects need some revising, making the enemy bleed and do less damage is a "cute" side effect, but stuff like staggering the enemy is something that can't be left to such a small, entirely random chance, especially for melee. In the meantime, may I suggest the Amphis staff to you? The jump attack seems to have a 100% electrical stun chance, and it at least makes for a nice substitute while we wait for Melee 2.0 to (hopefully) alleviate these issues.

Impact and Blast can stagger enemies, Fire can sometimes stun, and Radiation makes them act derpy. Proc chances aren't too great but infinite stunlocking would make the game a bit easy.

Of course it wouldn't be infinite, just enough so that a single blade from the Eviscerator won't cause me to bleed out my entire health bar with my shields only halved.