Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Is Op

milky-venom

+1 for dpsframe

I maintain my own DPS spread sheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2559919/Warframe%20Weapons.xls   It's mostly correct I think.  I calculate the average DPS to be 140.88.  Flux Rifle is 122.5.  So, flux rifle is below average.  A MK-1 Braton is a WMD if you have the mods for that, until you go above level 30 or so.  I lost the link for the enemy calc thingy so I can't be certain at what level a maxed MK-1 Braton stops being WMD.  But, it happens to all weapons sooner or later.  It's all relative.   That's the way level systems work.

Edited by ThePresident777

I think the problem here is that people who are high level with all the important mods are farming bosses other players are encountering for the first time. The problem was the exact same on Mercury, but was fixed well. It would be more difficult to change the match-making system on all of the assassination missions however.  

This.

OP's completely wrong about Flux Rifle being overpowered, but he addresses a really important issue in the game right now. Had the guy been using a MK1-Braton instead of a Flux, he still would've killed Alad V in about fifteen seconds.

The game's problem is that there's a huge gap between modded weaponry and unmodded weaponry. If a new player and a veteran player fight a mid-leveled boss, then the new player will find it mathematically impossible to defeat the boss, while the veteran shreds it apart in several seconds no matter what weapon he's using. In the end, neither of them enjoyed the fight.

Edited by SortaRandom

It would be more difficult to change the match-making system on all of the assassination missions however.  

we were supposed to get a categorization system in Warframe so matchmaking would prefer users around your own Mastery level instead of anyone.....

i wonder if we have that yet.

and while Flux isn't anywhere near quite as bad as people say, it's far from what this thread claims it to be. 

Edited by taiiat

Wait, he is serious dwill.png

They should remove nerf/buff threads from people who haven't crafted the weaponry.  And also remove topics from people who request nerf/bufsf  when they have fully benchmarked said weaponld.png

Edited by Ishki88

I was quite serious about my statement. why would I be trolling? it would stupid in the first place since nobody likes trolls and everyone knows that once you troll, you get banned, and nobody wants to get banned. I'm just angry that when 4 people are supposed to have fun, they don't because all the fun is stolen by one weapon that can almost instantly kill a boss. I mean, I came to fight a boss but even that I didn't get to do.

also, it's not just alad. the flux rifle has also demonstrated his power against lephantis, and he's one of the more powerful bosses in the game.

My bad OP....flux rifle is a lower tier weapon, it's no where NEAR OP.

In this case, what is OP is not the weapon, it's the amount of time that has put into fusing his mod and modding his weapon.

In one hand, we can understand that your game experience has been some what degrade due to having a teammate with an extremely powerful setup.

This a lot of us can understand.

But at the same time, it's also your fault that you did not pay the due diligence to check the fact regarding to a weapon before you decided to post on the suggestion forum complaining how powerful a weapon is. So don't act surprised when other players give you crap for doing so.

Edited by Innosin

DE should really do something about this gun. I decided today to fight alad v for the first time, thought it was going to be engaging. sadly, this guy in my team had a flux rifle and he\she snuffed alad and his pet zanuka in like 10 seconds. i couldn't even land a single shot. seriously, this gun takes all the fun out of the game.

He had a Synapse. Not a Flux Rifle. 

Dear new players. Boss fights and missions below 40 are not end game, they are not even close. Weapons are currently balanced to work against enemies who are 60-200, if they were not these missions would be impossible. So no, the weapon is not op, but you only had to deal with a high level player joining your game.