Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Stats From Alt Helmets Please

noveltyhero

An alt helm is for a Warframe as a skin is to a gun. As far as I know, weapon skins never had any stats to begin with, so why should they refund you anything at all? If they changed a weapon skin which had stats then its something to discuss about. If not, I don't see your point at all.

Brokk and Manticore.

You should probably go check weapons skins again before writing something unwise. And even if weapon skins hever had any stats (which they do have) it's a fallacy, because helmet skins did have stats and those stats were listed there from the begginng, when you bought those skins.

My bad, forgot about those 2 skins, but then my main point is, they were already there right from the start, changing them after numerous people spending plats on those items would just be an issue.

Exactly my point? Why change them then? Or to be more precise, why remove them.

I think OP does have a point, they are cosmetic items but some of them are clearly better than others. I think having the stats being movable independent from helmets (like Fool suggested) would be best option at this point. So I could wear my favourite helmet without having subpar stat changes. That would also mean new frames with alt helmets would get stat changes too.

Only reason I like alt helms are the stats.

Simply removing them would irritate alot of plAyers.

Why not have an option to turn them off instead.

DE already said the stats are going, whether people like it or not, Helmets WILL be completely statless sometime in the future.

So it's not a matter of "Should they?" and more a matter of When.

Edited by Killerdude8

Exactly my point? Why change them then? Or to be more precise, why remove them.

Why are you arguing with us then, if we're on the same side of argument here.

@killerdude8

As far as I'm aware DE never promised to remove stats from already existing hats, only make next hats statless. No rocket science to see why they took that stance, since trying to remove stats from would be pretty suicidal from PR-point of view.

Edited by Deicul

I think OP does have a point, they are cosmetic items but some of them are clearly better than others. I think having the stats being movable independent from helmets (like Fool suggested) would be best option at this point. So I could wear my favourite helmet without having subpar stat changes. That would also mean new frames with alt helmets would get stat changes too.

Yes, I agree with movable stats. Because people have spent time and money waiting for those alerts / spent plats just to get those helms. But removing them entirely is just like a new dung thrown in the face after we've paid for what we expected in the market.

100% agree remove the stats i want to use excaliburs original helmet the other 2 is ugly as hell yet with the FREE 15% power strength im basically forced to use the FISH head -.- with giant moving rings on its back......

...So the helmet you want to use has no bonus stats, so you're "forced" to use the one with bonus stats, and you want to solve this by getting rid of the stats...why not just use the default helmet? That would literally be the same exact thing.

...So the helmet you want to use has no bonus stats, so you're "forced" to use the one with bonus stats, and you want to solve this by getting rid of the stats...why not just use the default helmet? That would literally be the same exact thing.

But mate, that would require a modicum of willpower.

DE already said the stats are going, whether people like it or not, Helmets WILL be completely statless sometime in the future.

So it's not a matter of "Should they?" and more a matter of When.

Where did they say this? The last official word I've heard on the issue is that new helmets will be statless, old helmets will retain stats. They debated on removing them for awhile, but decided against it to prevent splintering their playerbase on the issue.

There is no such thing as 10 minutes worth of work in the Dev world. Sorry about your ignorance, one day if you study hard you will get it! I believe in you!

I'm a software engineer. Unless DE are some kind of crazy code monkeys that make things that make no sense at all, this won't take any time. I mean, you could just delete(comment out) the code that applies stats to the frames. Or even easier, change the values to zero. I can't imagine that wouldn't work. Personally though, I'd prefer a much more complicated solution, splitting helmets from stats. I like trinity. I don't like a toilet seat stuck to my head. I like the other helmet a lot more then the default one, but it takes power efficiency (for shields?). I just want my appearance to not be based on the stats for my warframe. It doesn't even really make sense. Why does the helmet change the stats? Why does Rhino's helmet make him move faster? Is his normal one trailing parachutes or something?

Where did they say this? The last official word I've heard on the issue is that new helmets will be statless, old helmets will retain stats. They debated on removing them for awhile, but decided against it to prevent splintering their playerbase on the issue.

It was in a recent video stream they did; 19 or 20 I forget which.

I'm a software engineer. Unless DE are some kind of crazy code monkeys that make things that make no sense at all, this won't take any time. I mean, you could just delete(comment out) the code that applies stats to the frames. Or even easier, change the values to zero. I can't imagine that wouldn't work. Personally though, I'd prefer a much more complicated solution, splitting helmets from stats. I like trinity. I don't like a toilet seat stuck to my head. I like the other helmet a lot more then the default one, but it takes power efficiency (for shields?). I just want my appearance to not be based on the stats for my warframe. It doesn't even really make sense. Why does the helmet change the stats? Why does Rhino's helmet make him move faster? Is his normal one trailing parachutes or something?

ohhh mr. software engineer. Then you should know that there is no such thing as a 10 minute fix or a project that is more than 1000 lines of code. Plus you need to account for QA time. You are probably some RoR dev that thinks he knows everything there is, but the world of software dev isn't that simple. I am sure it is not as simple as commenting out code. Plus then people will $#*(@ about not having the stats that they built their helmets for.

Plus I doubt that their code is loosely coupled, so the fix might not be so trivial.

Edited by raybjorn

Best method would be to have the helmet unlock that stat boost and its another option in appearance, performance wise that is to implement it would be a pain I bet.

I get tired of having to fix my posts every time because auto correct.

Edited by (PS4)JordanZX

ohhh mr. software engineer. Then you should know that there is no such thing as a 10 minute fix or a project that is more than 1000 lines of code. Plus you need to account for QA time. You are probably some RoR dev that thinks he knows everything there is, but the world of software dev isn't that simple. I am sure it is not as simple as commenting out code. Plus then people will $#*(@ about not having the stats that they built their helmets for.

I provided the software engineer because you pointed out that someone else may not have been qualified to talk about it as it may not have been their profession. It's not something that will take 10 minutes, but it won't take a exorbitant amount of time either. I provided a solution that doesn't require much if any QA(leaving code in and changing values to zero). I've written in Ruby on Rails once, but mostly in other languages(PHP kinda burned me out of WebDev) but I am a legit SE. I've taken many credit hours of classes in project management and quality assurance. I didn't mean to make you mad, I just meant to offer my experience in my field. I'd ask that you don't insult my credentials and let us get back to the topic at hand.(If you have any further things regarding this topic, please PM me as it wouldn't be good to go off topic)

I totally agree with your statement that people will freak out. I think that you should get those alt stats. I think they're really interesting as they give a degree of customization to the warframes. I just don't think they should be part of helmets. Make it some kind of suit core or something non-visible, give all the players who made helmets a copy of the core equivalent and a appearance helmet and move on. It would not be fair to take something hard earned from players.

Go ahead and try to remove the stats from the Rhino helmet.

Tell me how that goes.

Rhinobabbies can go cry about it.

DE has said many times that they regret the implementation of stats and a good chunk of the community wouldn't mind seeing those stats go away so we can have the look we want without gimping our frames. 

I just hope they make stats optional and not remove them completely.  There are a few helmets that have some great benefits. 

For example:  If they remove the stats on the Coil Mag Helm.  No one is ever going to use it again, because that thing is hideous.

ARE YOU MAD ? the fish head gives 15% Power Strength Excalibur abilities allready weak enough if i would use the original i would be gimping myself...

srsly...?

aesthetics vs utility

so what if you wanna look better, i wasnt aware they were fashionframe

im sure someone already pointed out, some people rely on these helmets

trin needs that duration, rhino needs to be abit faster, loki cuz.. idk efficiency without trading off duration

and finally beauty is in the eye of the beholder

not everyone thinks they are trading away looks for better stats

i like loki's hammershark head and all his other helmets