The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Phorid's Drop To Something More Interesting Than Just Another Frame.

ArcaneAzmadi

Phorid is a unique boss in that he doesn't have an assigned home node- instead he only shows up when an Infestation spreads to a boss node on a planet/moon. This means he can show up anywhere except Eris (and possibly Mercury, bit fuzzy on Infestation details). Additionally, being part of an Infestation invasion, he's the only boss in the game you have any reason to continue taking assassination missions on once you've gotten 3 scans of him and the warframe he drops component BPs for (Nyx).

Question is, why does he drop Nyx blueprints at all? Phorid is different from every other boss, why does he just drop a common warframe like any other boss? Nyx isn't even anything astoundingly unique or special (like, say, Nekros). It's not like bosses HAVE to drop warframe BPs- Vor, aside from giving you your first Cronus, also gives a BP and parts for his unique Seer pistol. Phorid is a unique boss, he should have a unique reward.

What if, say, Phorid gave you a random component BP for ANY warframe (which may or may not include Primes)? Make him more of a lucky dip, rather than giving you a fixed reward which makes farming him a waste of time once you own Nyx (apart from his Battle Pay, which is no higher than for any other Infestation mission and really isn't worth the extra effort)? Maybe have him give a fixed frame BP reward, but rotate what frame he gives every time he spawns in a system? Remove his BP drop but make him instead worth an ABSURDLY high amount of affinity? Something. I don't know exactly what would be best, but anything would be better than at the moment, because he's really rather pointless.

Edited by ArcaneAzmadi

Then what about Nyx? are we gonna shove her up alerts or mission types? No thanks.

We are already short on bosses and there's no point in turning Phoroid into a big roulette.

And just imagine how saturated his loot tables would be with all the warframes parts: much much worse than void.

Edited by CubedOobleck

If Phorid dropped both the Nyx bps and the original planet's boss bps, then that'd be cool. It's not that she's special, just got tag'd along, I think. Plus I've seen a trend between some of the bosses and the frames they give players. Again, yea, just a tagalong. Speaking if Phorid, since it's no longer Eris's boss, what will DE put in it's original place?

Edited by WarGrylls

why should it not drop "just another frame" since he's "just another boss"? besides, why do you think phorid is different from other bosses, only thing different is when he's available.

As I explained at length, that's kind of enough of a reason. Phorid can show up anywhere. He's the only boss you have ANY cause to fight after you've got their reward and codex scans. He's unique.

As I explained at length, that's kind of enough of a reason. Phorid can show up anywhere. He's the only boss you have ANY cause to fight after you've got their reward and codex scans. He's unique.

i honestly dont think it IS anymore unique than other bosses, just because he can show up anywhere doesnt make it anymore different, he is just another boss where you run in and kill. but then again, you know, it's a opinion.

also, your suggestion was to have it drop ANY warframe parts, i can foresee essentially NOONE farming him if that's the case, even if there's a chance to drop a prime part. there are currently 21 frames including primes, 3 parts per, that's 63 things in the drop table, i think you can imagine how low the drop rates for each will be.

edit: as for it rotating its drops corresponding to planet it's on, that just sounds like a easy way to get a frame instead of farming the actual boss it drops from, lets be honest, phorid is just a bullet sponge right now.

Edited by leonvision

i honestly dont think it IS anymore unique than other bosses, just because he can show up anywhere doesnt make it anymore different, he is just another boss where you run in and kill. but then again, you know, it's a opinion.

also, your suggestion was to have it drop ANY warframe parts, i can foresee essentially NOONE farming him if that's the case, even if there's a chance to drop a prime part. there are currently 21 frames including primes, 3 parts per, that's 63 things in the drop table, i think you can imagine how low the drop rates for each will be.

edit: as for it rotating its drops corresponding to planet it's on, that just sounds like a easy way to get a frame instead of farming the actual boss it drops from, lets be honest, phorid is just a bullet sponge right now.

Might as well take him out, then. No reason to leave him in the game. Just put a boss on Eris (hell, you could even put Phorid there) and put Nyx as the drop for it. As it stands, Infestation invasions even HAVING a boss is just a pointless nuisance that takes extra effort to clean up because there's no reward for it.

Might as well take him out, then. No reason to leave him in the game. Just put a boss on Eris (hell, you could even put Phorid there) and put Nyx as the drop for it. As it stands, Infestation invasions even HAVING a boss is just a pointless nuisance that takes extra effort to clean up because there's no reward for it.

Irony, Phorid was the Eris boss :-P

time travel back before the #savexini plague.

Phorid and J3 were happily prancing about on Eris and Jupiter, killing the occasional intruder and feasting on their corpses.

jump forward to The Hunt for (s)Alad V.

J3 watched helplessly while his friends got slaughtered and banished from Jupiter, just because the Tenno and Corpus were hunting down one single man.

finally to #savexini.

DE build and deployed a nuke on Eris, clearing the planet of all Infested and forcing Phorid of the planet, now he wanders around the starmap, looking for a place to call his own.

-=The more you know=-

time travel back before the #savexini plague.

Phorid and J3 were happily prancing about on Eris and Jupiter, killing the occasional intruder and feasting on their corpses.

jump forward to The Hunt for (s)Alad V.

J3 watched helplessly while his friends got slaughtered and banished from Jupiter, just because the Tenno and Corpus were hunting down one single man.

finally to #savexini.

DE build and deployed a nuke on Eris, clearing the planet of all Infested and forcing Phorid of the planet, now he wanders around the starmap, looking for a place to call his own.

-=The more you know=-

Tenno eradicated infested because they dont know that Govneers and Cropus bribed us with resuorces and craptons of money. We are greedy mercenaries indeed, who hunt mindless beasts for cash, we are pest controll for Corpus and Grineer.

When will Greenpeace Tenno faction arise? I mean - why wont big infested like Phorid (who seems intelligent) offer us battle pay? I mean why exactly infesteds should be different from Corpus and Grinner in this regard? It equally doesnt make sence for us to side with humanoids who basicly want us all dead.

Edited by derclaw

why wont big infested like Phorid (who seems intelligent) offer us battle pay? I mean why exactly infesteds should be different from Corpus and Grinner in this regard?

for starters, they don't have anything to offer. so no battle pay.

secondly, the infested are unable to reason. all they want is to kill and grow, no matter who or what gets absorbed.

@ArcaneAzmadi

I think that Phorid is fine dropping Nyx. There is absolutely no need to clutter up drop tables else-where with Nyx pieces and having massively bloated drop tables (or rotating ones) would just be a hinderance and annoyance.

As it stands Phorid gives a massive ammount of affinity regardless of what planet it appears on. Even if it appears on Venus it still gives nearly the same ammount of affinity that it game when it was on Eris. If you want to power-level equipment Phorid is one of the best enemies to do it on. I think that that is reason enough, as I cant think of any other enemy that can very easily give the weapon that kills it a grand total of 30K XP, 15K from the killing blow and 15K in bonus XP at the end of mission.