Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Warframe: Lichen (Suggestions/tips Wanted!)

AnOldAlias

I just thought I'd pop a Warframe idea that me and FatViking had, which was reviewed by a friend of mine in Warframe (Eliard), which also gave idea's and helped detail the lore and abilities for me. Abilities are subject to change and suggestion, so please don't be afraid to pop your idea's in and your suggestions. I'd like all the criticism you can give, as would FatViking and Eliard, I'm sure. Lichen was male at first thought, but I decided to switch the idea over to a female Frame instead. If you think a male variant is better, do tell why.

Let me give a quick lil summary of Lichen before I continue: "Once a traditional warframe like the rest, Lichen was subjected to prolonged Technocyte Virus exposure, and bears many hallmark signs of Infested tissue. Once it was recovered, the infestation's further spread was contained, but had taken root too deeply for it to be removed, having assimilated much of both the warframe and the Tenno within. However, their relationship has grown to be more symbiotic than parasitic, granting the warframe the ability to manipulate its infested body structure to adapt to different situations."

The description doesn't fully explain how the abilities are going to work, and I should also add that the abilities are subject to EXTREME change, so please hold onto your train of thought for a moment as you read the rest of this.

I compared Saryn and Rhino together to be able to come up with the starter stats for the frame. I'll copy and paste what I came up with here:

Rhino Starting at 150 shields and 100 health, 100 energy and 150 armor.
Saryn Starting at 100 shields and 150 health, 100 energy and 125 armor.

Rhino ends at 450 shields and 225 health, 150 energy, and stays at 150 armor.
Saryn ends at 300 shields and 450 health, 150 energy, and stays at 125 armor.

Lichen will start at 125 shields and 125 health, and stay at 175 armor, with a starter of 50 energy.
Lichen ends at 400 shields and 350 health, stay at 175 armor, and the max of 75 energy at rank 30.

As far as my justification for the stats goes on a few things. I wanted the stats for this frame to be an halfway point for Rhino and Saryn, except for the armor. As far as I know armor works like this(Copy pasted from Wiki):

>>>Effective Health = Base Health * (1 + (Armor / 300))

For example;  A level 30 Valkyr will have 300 health, and 300 armor. Her Effective Health at level 30 would then be 300 * 2 = 600, so she could take that much damage before actually going down.

A level 30 Valkyr with a maxed Steel Fiber would still have 300 health, but 630 armor. This brings her effective health to 300 * 3.1 = 930.<<<

So if Lichen starts off at a base of 125 health with a armor modifier of 175, Lichen's overall health starter value will be 300. Not so bad for a unranked frame. At max rank it should have a overall health value of 525 health. The excuse for the low energy is the way the abilities I came up with work, but please let me remind you that they are subject to EXTREME change based upon the criticism that you give, and what you recommend.

So far the abilities that I have come up with base themselves upon a newly formed system I came up with for Lichen. I WILL ONCE AGAIN REPEAT MYSELF, ABILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO EXTREME CHANGE! Thank you for listening to that three/four times now. Anyway, here they are:

1. Lichen's arms fuse and form a heavy scythe, preventing her from utilizing firearms but granting her brutal melee abilities. Charged attacks in this state can be held indefinitely and can be used to rush forward at enemies just out of reach.

2. Adapting to high-speed combat, Lichen's hands form two smaller blades for quicker, lethal strikes. Her endurance, speed, and critical rate increase in this state, and although her hands are incapable of holding a weapon, she gains the ability to spew <toxic?> projectiles from her mouth.

3. Lichen infects a target with a cluster of Technocyte spores, hindering its mobility <subject to change>. Destroying this spore "cures" the target of its affliction, but inflicts a one-time burst of Corrosive damage and spreads the spores to nearby targets. Each target may only be infected once per cast.

4. Lichen unleashes the full might of her Infestation, sprouting tendrils of Technocyte tissue that then plunge into the ground to seize hapless enemies from beneath. Targets are immobilized and take Toxic damage as they are slowly crushed to death.

^ These abilities have yet to be calculated damage wise, and that will be done another time. For now, I must rest. Please don't be afraid to leave recommendations, suggestions, tips.. etc. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

REQUEST: I'd like to see some artwork done of the frame. I will be putting up a description of Lichen in the near future, please do look out for that.

Edited by Nelizar

Unorthodox. That's cool. Though the third one might need some revision, as said above.

REQUEST: I'd like to see some artwork done of the frame. I will be putting up a description of Lichen in the near future, please do look out for that.

I could be up for that. I've done a couple before and it's a good practice.

Though the third skill sounds a bit too much like Saryn's first abilitiy.

We're still kind of working on alternative abilities; we just kind of quickly hashed out that one not more than a few hours ago. I do agree that it really reminded me of Venom (the 1.0 of which I sorely miss).

Keep an eye out for new abilities, they'll be posted as we come up with them :P

The first and second abilities are really interesting. The first one especially reminds me of the Infested Grineer phase of Lephantis. Though the third skill sounds a bit too much like Saryn's first abilitiy.

As Eliard has stated above, we are working on alternative abilities for Lichen. The first ability(and the Frame itself, to be honest) was heavily inspired from Lephantis, at least on my end that is. I don't know about FatViking, he may have had this idea beforehand. I'll see if I can explain the third skill for you to show you how different it is from Saryn's Venom. The Third ability is a bit like Saryn's Venom, yes, but instead of doing a DoT it puts a spore(s) on the target, slowing the target down. If you pop the spore it does an instantaneous small AOE corrosive damage. If the target dies with the spores on him, all the spores explode at once, spreading to all close enemies. If the enemies die from the next spore explosion, then they explode and spread their load of spores to. Its like.. Imagine M-Prime's explosive chaining. Its a bit like that.

Unorthodox. That's cool. Though the third one might need some revision, as said above.

I could be up for that. I've done a couple before and it's a good practice.

It would be very nice of you to do so, Artarrwen. We will be working on the appearance today, and maybe hashing out a couple of new abilities. Stay tuned.