Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Saryn:

Kinperor

Hey there,

So basically just an idea I had to give Saryn a bit more strength in the right place: her Contagion.

See, currently, Saryn's Contagion doesn't actually have any "contagion" going on, at all. In addition to that, the skill is regularly mentioned as Saryn's weakest, and unless you throw in a large amount of Power Strength, it doesn't feel really strong when compared to Loki or Ash's melee boost, that grant them invisibility on top.  

What I was thinking is, in addition to buffing the melee weapon's damage with Toxin, the ability should have a toxin proc buff. IE, casting the ability now boost both the damage and the proc chance of toxin on a weapon. 

For the folks keeping track at homes, this basically allow Saryn to turn nearly any weapon into a melee Acrid pre-D2.0. 

I think this chance would be good for Saryn, because it would allow her to ramp up her melee damage at any level without giving her a monstrous base damage buff. Additionally, the change makes sense thematically, you just covered your weapon in toxin, so you'd expect your enemies to be poisoned with reliability (the name would also make sense, but that's another matter). 

I'd go as far as saying that the proc change would also be quite balanced, as well: contrarily to Acrid and Venom in their prime time, you have to be in the thick of danger in order to deal a lot of damage, and for a long period at that (at high levels, all the time spent melee'ing is dangerous). 

I don't know for you readers, but I can definitely see myself using that skill more often if it proc'ed with reliability. 

Note: Poison DOTs are based off the damage that proc'ed the DOTs, and do about 1/3 of the original damage every tick, starting immediately after the proc. There's about 6 ticks afterward, which at the very least double your damage over time, and increases the base damage of a hit that proc by 1/3 because of the first tick that takes place. That's pretty strong, people! 

No point in updating contagion if she has no way of closing the gap. Like I suggested, Molt should give temporary invisibility, so she can close the gap to land melee strikes. (Esp. in PvP). If she has no inherent way to close a gap, a melee based buff is useless. Hence; nobody uses contagion..

Example of suggestion: Molt works like Wukongs Substitution (LoL)

Edited by Lynches

I use Contagion; Molt has so much aggro that you can normally cast it and the enemy immediately attacks it. At low-mid levels Contagion allows you to curb-stomp anyone in relative safety. The buff would help make later levels easier to deal with, IMO. 

I think if Molt's stats scaled from Saryn's defensive stats (health, shield, etc), it would help her survival an awful lot. I don't really see all that much of a use for invisibility on Saryn's kit. (I don't give a flipping rat &#! about PVP, personally)

That's fine. But Saryn sucks in PvE. No doubt, she is probably one of the worst Warframes in PvE. My suggestion is entirely referring to her PvP Viability.

And she doesn't suck in PVP, somehow? 

Anyway, I happen to play Saryn in PVE a lot and enjoy her, and I think this could improve her viability. 

Maybe they should change Contagion to something more useful, maybe a power that can buff the power duration...

I suggested a change for Contagion. As far as I'm concerned, that would make it useful, or at least better than what we have currently. I'd just like to point out that a power duration buff would be a nerf, currently, especially with how Miasma works, and the practical effect on Venom and Molt would be questionable at best. 

Anyway, I happen to play Saryn in PVE a lot and enjoy her, and I think this could improve her viability. 

She's actually my favorite PvP frame for many reasons.

Her 1 and 4 allow for not only direct HP damage, but also Tag enemies and make them easy to track when hiding.

Molt, if using a weapon with punch through: Stand still, cast molt, you can fire through it and enemies cant hit you until it's dead (Second skin/shield)

Contagion, would be good if you could actually close a gap or CC somehow.

Overall Miasma is where she wins my heart. With a Rage+QT built, cast it after almost dieing, you are invulnerable for the duration of cast time, it tags enemies in wide AoE and will normally kill them (800 HP damage over 2 seconds). Making her one of the strongest PvP frames in the Game.

I understand you like her in PvE, but shes garbage man. In higher level its all about nukers and supports. Saryn doesnt fit in with this crowd.

I'm finding plenty of way to close the distance in PVE, but really, part of Contagion's problem is how S#&$ty melees are all around. You wouldn't melee someone in PVP with normal gear, there isn't really more reason to do it with a 75% toxin buff. Bah, I'm talking about stuff I don't know (PVP I mean).

I don't have issues using her in general, so I don't think she's garbage. Maybe not optimal, but that's why I make feedback threads and/or suggestions. 

Edited by Kinperor

I suggested a change for Contagion. As far as I'm concerned, that would make it useful, or at least better than what we have currently. I'd just like to point out that a power duration buff would be a nerf, currently, especially with how Miasma works, and the practical effect on Venom and Molt would be questionable at best. 

Saryn is pretty much instagib if you can get a venom hit off. She's also one of the most defensive frames available with a massive health and shield pool.

Saryn is pretty much instagib if you can get a venom hit off. She's also one of the most defensive frames available with a massive health and shield pool.

I'm not entirely sure why you're telling me any of this? I was aware of both of this. 

What do you mean she's "instagib", you mean that proccing Viral on Venom is strong? 

EDIT: Oh no nvm, just got it. You meant why she's good at PVP. I durr'ed. 

Edited by Kinperor

Just another observation from recently playing Saryn - she is kinda shoehorned into anti-greneer role with corrosive damage,  BUT the toughest grineer units have another armor type, thus Miasma becomes uselss after lvl25 already - you need to spam it 4-5 times to kill a Bombard/Napalm (focus/fleeting equipped)

I'm not entirely sure why you're telling me any of this? I was aware of both of this. 

What do you mean she's "instagib", you mean that proccing Viral on Venom is strong? 

EDIT: Oh no nvm, just got it. You meant why she's good at PVP. I durr'ed. 

Yea I meant to bold the PvP part for context, but am home sick and cold medicine goof'd