The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tysis Feedback

MushrooMars

Now, I'm not ragging on the Tysis. It's almost unanimously regarded as a "bad weapon" by the playerbase, primarily because it isn't a hand-Synapse and doesn't rattle off gigantic yellow and red damage numbers every tick. However, unlike most weapons, it has character, sporting that 50% base Status Proc, which can be boosted to 80% with the Cicero Crisis mod, and can be bumped up to 90%+ with all the Status Chance mods. Status Chance mods still need some changes to be viable OFC, but the Cicero Crisis stuff helps a lot.

First of all... It needs a flat buff. Please either increase the bloody thing's base damage by 20-30, or give it a burst/automatic trigger instead of semi-auto. The Bolto does more base damage, has a faster rate of fire and the same sized magazine. That, or make it a Crit Damage weapon with something like 25-30% base chance and a 3x multiplier. I have an issue with saying all of this because I personally don't like the current damage system, but I have to work within the rules here.

Second of all... Give the projectiles tracking? Not like, always hit every time, but some target seeking at long ranges would seriously make it unique. It fires living darts anyways, might as well make it a bee gun. Also, it would be a BEE GUN, which would be exceptionally COOL.

Edited by MushrooMars

Now, I'm not ragging on the Tysis. It's almost unanimously regarded as a "bad weapon" by the playerbase, primarily because it isn't a hand-Synapse and doesn't rattle off gigantic yellow and red damage numbers every tick. However, unlike most weapons, it has character, sporting that 50% base Status Proc, which can be boosted to 80% with the Cicero Crisis mod, and can be bumped up to 90%+ with all the Status Chance mods. Status Chance mods still need some changes to be viable OFC, but the Cicero Crisis stuff helps a lot.

First of all... It needs a flat buff. Please either increase the bloody thing's base damage by 20-30, or give it a burst/automatic trigger instead of semi-auto. The Bolto does more base damage, has a faster rate of fire and the same sized magazine. That, or make it a Crit Damage weapon with something like 25-30% base chance and a 3x multiplier. I have an issue with saying all of this because I personally don't like the current damage system, but I have to work within the rules here.

Second of all... Give the projectiles tracking? Not like, always hit every time, but some target seeking at long ranges would seriously make it unique. It fires living darts anyways, might as well make it a bee gun. Also, it would be a BEE GUN, which would be exceptionally COOL.

The weapon is fine as is. It doesn't have insane damage or sweep rooms of enemies but that proc chance is what the weapon is for. Equip it, and give enemies some useful debuffs then switch to primary to do the real work. Not every secondary has to act like a primary. I love the way it works now, procing enemies with freeze to slow down the troublesome ones when I need to.

It's a great concept, but I hate that it functions entirely based on the awful proc system that we've had since November. I'm worried that the Tysis is DE's way of saying "proc system is fine", when it is anything but.

the claw! but yeah, as others have said, the main issue is that the status proc attempts to place impact/slash/puncture statuses on the enemy while you don't have that base physical damage, so even with 80+% status chance, you barely get any status procs, since the only damage the tysis can have are elementals, and for whatever reason the proc tries to cycle through not only those but also the nonexistant physical damage aspects

otherwise, the tysis would be a fine weapon. definitely needs a bit of lethal torrent/gunslinger, but if it reliably produced statuses, it would be useful. I like status chance weapons, but atm I'm not feeling the tysis, despite it being right up my alley. sticking with the hek and magnus for now

Edited by Wallace24

tysis strong with its proc, but it still bug.. So.....

tysis is not good dam weapon( good dam per hit but low rate+ slow travel time) and now, with suck proc rate.

i really hate tysis till now...

I saw the vid that tysis forma 5 times, still 1.2 1.5k per hit. really bad..

Get the gun working as intended, and it could be truly terrifying. Who needs base damage when you proc viral or corrosive on every shot? :s the very idea scares me.
Side note: I've seen this "working" with a tysis that I just stuck crappy mods on to make viral-barely took more shots to drop grineer heavies than lights, because once you start stacking corrosive procs, the damage just climbs like the devil, and viral just turns them into teddy-bears.

Seriously, mod your tysis with some viral/heat and pistolero (with 5 formas yes...) and tell me it is an underpowered weapon.

we're talking about the weapon without 5 forma's...

you can add 5 forma to everything and it becomes OP.

my only problem with Tysis is its firing type. It's probably better as an automatic than semi-auto.

It's a pistol, not a machine gun. how does an automatic trigger change anything if it only fires one dart per 2 sec.

we're talking about the weapon without 5 forma's...

you can add 5 forma to everything and it becomes OP.

It's a pistol, not a machine gun. how does an automatic trigger change anything if it only fires one dart per 2 sec.

Ok, remove heat and gunlisger, you'll still have an good weapon with viral/corrosive proc.