READ THIS

READ THIS

READ THIS

READ THIS

READ THIS

READ THIS

READ THIS

Hopefully you will read this...

Before you are going to post ANYTHING on this thread, don't start negatively. If you want to say something about it and you dont agree, then don't start with swearing or anything. Even better, BE RESPECTFUL. PLEASE. If you dont agree then say it respectfully.
Example... No, I dont think bows need a buff, they are meant for being strong picking off targets... actually just look at what Hail Creation said... he didn't agree with what I said, but he said it respectfully. Follow that example please.
Also if YOU AGREE with what I have to say and someone doesn't agree, you still have to be respectful towards their opinion. You have no right to bash them either.
Thank you. (Unless they are being rude, but even then.. two wrongs don't make a right)

With that out of the way... lets start

From the maker of "Help Fix Nyx (That Rhymes!)" with like 400+ reputation things...

Brings you... Help Fix Bows! Even though they don't need fixing just changing and adding and stuff.

Yah. Ok. Lets start.

First Off... I would like to stat that in ANY GAME, ANY ANY ANY ANY Game. Bows are my favorite weapons. Don't ask me why, but it just is. Anyway.

So obviously DE already knows (hopefully...) that bows aren't very viable in terms of dps... Sure they can do like 5 million damage to ONE target at a time (with puncture mods.. like 8 targets or something (but they need to be in a line))

The Vectis can do more damage than the bows... I'll be comparing the Dread and Cernos (Strongest and Weakest) (Not Paris Prime because I dont have it) with other weapons.

So the Dread does massive amounts of damage if modded with a crit build. The Cernos can also do a lot of damage BUT AT A SINGLE Target (unless shred or metal auger)

But then compare it to one of the strongest non bows in the game, the soma... With the soma you can spray it and take out half the room in less than a second with your left hand (or right depending on your non dominant but not the point).

The dread you have to aim every shot at the head or some crit place and hope you land the crit. And congrats, in about 1 second you killed 1 dude. Just 19 more to go.

Now compare the Cernos to... THE MK MOTHER GOD DAM 1 BRATON. Yes, probably one of the worst guns (because its the starter gun yah yah)

Mod that Mk1 Braton with a max serration, a max split chamber, a max speed trigger, and the elemental combos. Oh and a max shred if you really wanted.

Take that to the same room where you slaughtered 20 enemies in under half a second with that soma. Chances are, your probably going to take out everyone in like 10 - 15 secs (maybe less, PROBABLY less)

Now Mod that Cernos with max Serration, max Split Chamber, max speed trigger, max shred, max crit chance, and max crit damage (your going to probably need 2 forma or something...)

You go into the room, and congrats, in about 1 second you killed 1 dude. Just 19 more to go.

Deja-vu right? (or however you spell that) 

Well that's because with the dread you did about 5 million damage in 1 shot and managed to kill 1 guy.

With the Cernos you did about 800 damage and you managed to kill 1 guy.

4999200 of that damage was wasted from your dread when you managed to do pretty much the same thing with a weaker bow.

First. SOMA TOO OPZ PLEAZ NERFZ DE adafjkdslahlkfs!

Second the Mk1 - Braton managed to take out more enemies faster than the dread did.

That's the problem. Bows aren't meant to take out rooms full of enemies. They were meant for stealth and to take enemies out 1 by 1. Not engage in a room full of enemies and try taking them all out.

But this would be viable if stealth was actually worthwhile, and was better. Even then, that means bows wont do good in survival and defense (The 2 most played game modes)

So what am I asking? I want a buff for my bows like everyone else does, but not a damage buff.

I dont know how you can buff the bows easily without damage buffs, other than the use of mods.

So why not mods?
Give us a crap load of bow mods. Not useless ones that will just clog up RNG. Real bow mods. One of the bow mods could be a split chamber for bows. So we can fire like 6-8 arrows or something at max rank but the arrows go horizontal, instead of vertical.

Buff Thunderbolt and buff it with DAMAGE.

Thunderbolt in my opinion was a waste of potential.

Even like in Crysis 3 where you had like 6 different types of arrows or something. Make mods for those. Like a bow stormbringer but the stormbringer isn't an electric mod, its just applies a shock effect to enemies and stuns them or something like that.

Give us mods like that. That would help buff bows. not damage wise.

If you guys have any ideas for any bow mods, feel free to share.

If you guys dont agree with some things that I said, feel free to share.

If you guys did agree with things that I said, feel free to share. And +1ing this post and by keeping this thread afloat by commenting...

If you guys didn't read feel free to screw off m8 lol.

TD;LR Earth. Life. Wind. Fire. House. Tree. What is the meaning of life? I dont know either, but if I had 20 split chambers and you had 9 Lives, then what is the meaning of the meaning of life? Answer: Tree because textbooks dont teach us about the meaning of life.

Thanks for reading guys! The Cernos is my favourite bow, and probably my favourite weapon, but its just too weak compared to everything else. But for some reason, I love my Cernos.

Probably just wasted like 2 hours of my life making this lol. Maybe a Nekros will come along one day, and bring it back.

I feel like I forgot something in this post... I'll  try find it... Thats what I forgot... The disclaimer

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Something I'd thought of, is giving bows an actual sort of magazine. Since the Tenno are clearly quite skilled beyond the natural abilities they have from their Void exposure and the use of their frames, why shouldn't they do something that modern day archers can do? Here's an interesting video showing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1KC1Os-_NE

Holding a couple arrows in the hand at once, like 3 or 4, and then reducing the delay between shots, would put bows on a similar level to sniper rifles. It wouldn't be a direct damage buff, but it could still work. Your idea for spread arrows and the like is a good idea too.

Complete agreement! Give bows buffs in way of bow only mods! Give thunderbolt a proc chance buff! Give us trap style arrows! Give a good multi shot!even something like the berserk melee mod that increases fire rate per crit!

On a side note, if this game EVER fixes stealth (PLEASE DO) some bow mod like *insert buff* per stealth kill.

Thunderbolt Branch Mods

(Only one mod can be applied to enhance Thunderbolt effect.)

(Note that, like Thunderbolt, these mods can inflict damage on the player if used recklessly.)

EMP Shot

Description: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Magnetic effect, dealing Magnetic damage to all enemies within blast radius.

Maximum Mod Rank: 5

Mod Cost: 5/6/7/8/9

Bonus Damage (percentages): 30/45/60/75/90

Noxious Cloud

Descripton: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Gas effect, dealing Gas damage to all enemies within blast radius.

MMR: 5

MC: 5/6/7/8/9

BD (%): 30/45/60/75/90

Radioactive Blast

Description: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Radiation effect, dealing Radiation damage to all enemies within blast radius.

Thunderbolt Branch Mods

(Only one mod can be applied to enhance Thunderbolt effect.)

(Note that, like Thunderbolt, these mods can inflict damage on the player if used recklessly.)

EMP Shot

Description: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Magnetic effect, dealing Magnetic damage to all enemies within blast radius.

Maximum Mod Rank: 5

Mod Cost: 5/6/7/8/9

Bonus Damage (percentages): 30/45/60/75/90

Noxious Cloud

Descripton: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Gas effect, dealing Gas damage to all enemies within blast radius.

Radioactive Blast

Description: Upon activation, Thunderbolt gains the Radiation effect, dealing Radiation damage to all enemies within blast radius.

That sounds cool, but why not just make them their own thunderbolts? So you don't need to equip a thunderbolt in the first place? Because that will take up 2 mod slots...

A proposal for bow improvements

make bow have 3 draw stages

Stage 1: drawing stage

Stage 2: fully drawn stage

Stage 3: Over drawn stage

3 stage with their pros & cons

All bows automatically goes to stage 2 without holding the mouse button, rolling, melee rests the draw.

Holding mous button goes to stage 3.

stage 1

pro: not much damage, quickly kills weak foes.

cons: waste on ammo, fly slow

stage 2

pro: like our current fully charged mouse hold fire, more damage than stage 1.

cons: nothing much.

Stage 3 (now more like it) Using the warframe full strength potential over draws the bow beyond it limits.

pro: Arrows flies so fast it becomes HITSCAN(No drop) ! Tears through multiple foes! More damage than stage 2!

cons: Arrow flies so fast it creates a SONICBOOM, so loud its No longer a silent weapon.

What do you guys think? >^_^<

Edited by Gamecat007

Bows IMO should also have a much higher chance to deal status. I mean, when a poison arrow hits your body, or an electrified bolt, it should not be a 20% that something will happen, it should be so that when correct mods are applied, it has a 100% chance.

Out of the 5 lowest DPS weapons in the game, 4 of them are bows (the other is the snipetron).  The Paris does less than 15% of the damage of the Soma, and less than a third of the Braton or the Burston.

For starters, the fire rate of bows needs to be doubled, at least.  Bows are drawn back unrealistically slowly, even for human archers.  Also, this would help with dealing with more than a single target.

Secondly, Thunderbolt should be 100% chance of explosion at maximum rank.  If this means increasing the number of ranks on the mod, so be it, but you shouldn't have to guess whether you're going to get an explosion or a normal arrow.

Lastly, they should get a damage buff of around 50%.  That would bring them in line with other normal weapons.  Note that even if you double the fire rate and increase the damage of all of them by 50%, not a single bow makes it into the top 25 DPS weapons.

Edited by azmyth1

I proposed this in an earlier thread:

Make Thunderbolt a bolt. When you fire a thunderbolt proc, your arrow glows brightly and gains effectively infinite enemy puncture and does damage in a wide area around the arrow (similar to the width of slash-dash). Thunderbolt damage is simply arrow damage in an area, instead of a crappy fixed damage.

Out of the 5 lowest DPS weapons in the game, 4 of them are bows (the other is the snipetron).  The Paris does less than 15% of the damage of the Soma, and less than a third of the Braton or the Burston.

For starters, the fire rate of bows needs to be doubled, at least.  Bows are drawn back unrealistically slowly, even for human archers.  Also, this would help with dealing with more than a single target.

Secondly, Thunderbolt should be 100% chance of explosion at maximum rank.  If this means increasing the number of ranks on the mod, so be it, but you shouldn't have to guess whether you're going to get an explosion or a normal arrow.

Lastly, they should get a damage buff of around 50%.  That would bring them in line with other normal weapons.  Note that even if you double the fire rate and increase the damage of all of them by 50%, not a single bow makes it into the top 25 DPS weapons.

How do i put this? HELL NO.

I proposed this in an earlier thread:

Make Thunderbolt a bolt. When you fire a thunderbolt proc, your arrow glows brightly and gains effectively infinite enemy puncture and does damage in a wide area around the arrow (similar to the width of slash-dash). Thunderbolt damage is simply arrow damage in an area, instead of a crappy fixed damage.

I just plain dont get why bows have to be the best weapons in every game, if not bows, it's sniper rifles or smgs, for once weapons you can enjoy using are usable Edited by Letter13
keep it clean!

This isn't a "there's a problem and it needs to be fixed" thread, it's a "this weapon doesn't work how I think it should and I want it to be stronger because" thread. 

There is no problem with bows. They work fine. They're meant for doing large damage to a single target. That's what they do, and they do it well. 

How do i put this? HELL NO.

I just plain dont get why bows have to be the best weapons in every game, if not bows, it's sniper rifles or smgs, for once weapons you can enjoy using are usable

Who are you to say hell no. No one is asking for bows or snipers or whatever you are talking about to be the best weapons in the game.

Currently only a couple of weapons are viable. Soma, etc. Bows may not need a damage buff but they sure need a rework and snipers in general need a rework to even be viable. That's the whole problem here. This stops being a game of choose anything you want if you want to be viable. It starts being get this or you won't be able to help your party at all.

And earlier you said that this game lets you use "fun" weapons. Well what if I don't find guns fun. What if I detest guns. I'm not you buddy so please add to the conversation or get the hell out if you don't have anything constructive to say.

This isn't a "there's a problem and it needs to be fixed" thread, it's a "this weapon doesn't work how I think it should and I want it to be stronger because" thread. 

There is no problem with bows. They work fine. They're meant for doing large damage to a single target. That's what they do, and they do it well. 

But there's so much wasted potential. I mean, all they have bow mods-wise is Thunderbolt. Chance to explode. What about arrows that make enemy go berserk or suicide (if humanoid enemy)? Arrows that make that enemy a target for other enemies?

First off, I don't give a quarter of a feces about your opinion, your a bow-using piece of dirt.

Machine Guns are for once, usable, you know why i can't play heavy without having to hide constantly?
Snipers

You know why Mount and blade forces me under a board shield until it breaks then I die?
Bows

You know why I can't use the juggernaut killstreak?
Snipers

You know why I can't use my warrior or paladin?
Idiot huntards

It's been like this for so long i forgot how to enjoy games without being the underdog.

For once games made it properly

Your going to change that.

Hell no.

First off, I don't give a quarter of a feces about your opinion, your a bow-using piece of dirt.

Machine Guns are for once, usable, you know why i can't play heavy without having to hide constantly?

Snipers

You know why Mount and blade forces me under a board shield until it breaks then I die?

Bows

Snipers

Idiot huntards

It's been like this for so long i forgot how to enjoy games without being the underdog.

Hell no.

First off. Please be respectful.

Now, machine guns (soma and whatnot) aren't going to change.. they will still be the best in terms of dps. Bows and Snipers have lots of damage but terrible DPS. I'm asking to bring up the DPS but not to the point of something like the soma. Just make bows more viable. 

If you could, can you explain why you think this.. I don't understand how changing how bows work DPS wise will do anything to affect you.

I dont think bows need a damage buff. Not at all. They just need a DPS buff.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

I'm only being so stand-offish because of someone else being so.

On the other note, bows are meant to kill single targets without being seen or heard, a stealth weapon if you will.

That's why they can one-shot people, it's why people use despair.

In-combat bows should be the bottom tier, since they are silenced.

Tis only normal.

It's the stealth that's the problem, not the bow.

Snipers

Bows

Snipers

Idiot huntards

Hell no.

This isn't PvP.

Well, there is PvP in this game, but that's a mess anyway.

It is, the point is, there's plenty of games where bows or snipers are god.

For once machineguns are the top weapons.

I'd just like to enjoy the feeling for a while, is that so wrong?

Wait did you say the game IS pvp?

And could you name one game?

A game where the bow isn't the main weapon? So take out tomb raider and crysis 3...

Any others? Because if you name a game where the bow is the main weapon, then of course its going to be one of the best because its the MAIN weapon.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Snipers

Bows

Snipers

Idiot huntards

Hell no.

Wow, if you are dying so much to snipers it sounds like you can't adapt to a new play style, so just because you havnt learnt a way to combat them doesn't mean no one else has.

And as you have been told, this is not about being the best weapon in the game, it's just a boost to viability in a game that has included bows for use, yet are not that great for warframes game style

We want bows to be a good and viable alternitive to just running around with your standard blast cannon (Soma synapse brakk etc...)

We want it so that bows are actually GOOD instead of just fun, atm the bows are the most fun in this game for me.

That doesn't mean they are all that effective at anything other than single target, a soma can kill 100s in seconds while a bow can kill 5 in twice the time MAYBE.