Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] "home Base" (Get Rid Of The Current Mission Select Screen For A Better Immersion)

Evers

I guess this came up a few times already and i guess DE already commented on it but hey i will still try ^^

First off at the end i will make a suggestion how to optimze the tutorial in combination with this Suggestion.

While walking around in the Clandojo i thought that it would be a cool idea if the Mission select screen and everything you can choose from there (Arsenal, Foundry and so on) would be moved into a "home base". So instead of the kneeling Warframe and the solarmap in front players would always start in a room in this "home base". In this room where you spawn everytime you log in or finish a mission would be a solar map which you can acces and from where you choose your Mission (like the Solar Map in ME on the Normandy for example). From this room you could then go to the separted rooms for the Arsenal, the Foundry, the Market and so on.

The Arsenal room could show you all your Warframes and guns/melees that you own by putting the Weapons on the wall and the Frames standing near a wall. Somewhere in this room there would be a station which you can acces to change your Frame and gear.

The Foundry well itcould look like a Fabric with some robotarms and a workbench in the background which would be working if you are buliding something. And ofc with a station that oyu can acces in front of that where you can choose what you want to build.

But as im not very creativ when it comes to how somethingshould look i hope you guys have some good ideas.

That you could do with every Menu that is now at the Top.

Should it be customizable? Would be great but not necessary

Why do i want this? Well i think it would be great for the immersion.

And now to the how to optimze the Tutorial part. It takes new Players a lot of time and reading and asking to find out how things like the Foundry or modding work. So after the basic compat tutorial we have now new players would ofc spawn in their "home base" and the Lotus would ask if they want an extended tutorial for the Foundry, the modding and so on. When they say yes Lotus guids the new player through all the rooms and would explain to him/her what is done in this room and how its done.

Sure you could do that also without having a home base but then again its an imersion thing ;)

I hope you guys could understand what i wrote and my english was not too bad thanks for reading.

Edit: Oh and i hoep that is in the right section if not it would be great if a mod/dev could move it to the right one

Edited by Evers