Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anybody Seen The Shield Increase Mod Yet?

Niennah

Question

21 answers to this question

Yes, its out there. Like a rare two-horned-unicorn, it exists. I have one, and dumped a lot of mods/credits into pumping it up. Ditto for the Health mod. Make your sacrifices to the RNG and maybe you to shall someday be blessed with one.

Edited by Brasten

Try lower level mission, they drop more common mods. I have 8 vitality, 7 shield recharges BUT 1 shield mod....

Got a few recharges as well but i got The Fabled shield mod. No sign of health yet. ow back to spam selling cronus BP lol...

I GOT CLIP SIZE MOD FOR HEK !!

10% - 1 bullet

20% -1 bullet

30% - 1 bullet ~.~.... its still 5 bullet in total ~.~

Makes sense, technically should need 25% for 1 extra round and 50% for 2, minimum is obviously set to 1 so you will always get something from it. How many ranks can it have?

About the shield mod dropping, is there any say on which missions it's dropped most on? I've heard a lot about it dropping on the boss level for mercury. I've been spamming it for quite a while now and have gotten nothing, though. At least, nothing of value to me. Any personal stories of where it was found from those who have it?

About the shield mod dropping, is there any say on which missions it's dropped most on? I've heard a lot about it dropping on the boss level for mercury. I've been spamming it for quite a while now and have gotten nothing, though. At least, nothing of value to me. Any personal stories of where it was found from those who have it?

I've seen it drop from enemies on Kiliken - Venus Defense Mission as well as being one of the random rewards from time to time and I have seen it drop on random Neptune missions as well. IIRC I have gotten around 10 of the Shield mod now and around the same with the health mod.

I've seen it drop from enemies on Kiliken - Venus Defense Mission as well as being one of the random rewards from time to time and I have seen it drop on random Neptune missions as well. IIRC I have gotten around 10 of the Shield mod now and around the same with the health mod.

So it seems the shield mod somehow ended up on the wrong side of the loot table and is actually a Rare mod (even though it's description says it's common) and thus is easier to get from higher level missions haha

Thank you for telling me. That sounds more pleasant than farming the first boss in the game for horus on end. And more promising. The health mod isn't a big issue for me, especially since I'm a loki. I've always survived off of shield. What would you say would be the best planet to farm it on, in general? I guess I'll be trying kiliken for a bit until I gather more answers

So it seems the shield mod somehow ended up on the wrong side of the loot table and is actually a Rare mod (even though it's description says it's common) and thus is easier to get from higher level missions haha

I don't know, I've heard conflicting reports about it, honestly. I've heard many people say they got one from the Mercury boss, but only around one each. Who knows where it's supposed to be, eh?

I don't know, I've heard conflicting reports about it, honestly. I've heard many people say they got one from the Mercury boss, but only around one each. Who knows where it's supposed to be, eh?

Getting only 1 from Mercury boss does make sense if the Shield Mod is actually considered a Rare mod by the game as Mercury is a low level planet and thus it'd be harder to get Rare mods. I have been running that boss quite a bit and have been getting more rares and uncommons rather than commons, so if the loot table IS actually reversed then playing high level missions would probably yield a better chance to get common mods.

Thank you for telling me. That sounds more pleasant than farming the first boss in the game for horus on end. And more promising. The health mod isn't a big issue for me, especially since I'm a loki. I've always survived off of shield. What would you say would be the best planet to farm it on, in general? I guess I'll be trying kiliken for a bit until I gather more answers

Kiliken is where I have gotten most of my mods from, with the exception of a few randoms from alerts and missions I had to do in order to gain access to new planets.

Getting only 1 from Mercury boss does make sense if the Shield Mod is actually considered a Rare mod by the game as Mercury is a low level planet and thus it'd be harder to get Rare mods. I have been running that boss quite a bit and have been getting more rares and uncommons rather than commons, so if the loot table IS actually reversed then playing high level missions would probably yield a better chance to get common mods.

Right. It's supposed to be that mod drop rate is a bit higher at lower levels, and the ratio from commons to uncommons to rares is pretty steep, and then once you get to higher level planets, you start getting more and more rares, but probably less and less drops alltogether, or at least that's what I got out of how they explained it. Problem is, what I'm seeing is just a simply higher drop rate in some missions than others, and the results being scattered no matter where they're dropped... Truly confusing.

I have +140% to my shield at this point I think, and a 40% faster recharge in another slot. Doesn't leave a lot of room for "fun" mods, but sure does help me live :)

I'm pretty new to the game, and don't have really much gear to speak of.