The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Kinda Curious As To Why This Happens..

Anatolius

Does anyone know why dead enemy bodies stretch out or sometimes flop around with little to no reason?

its not just a warframe thing it happens in all kinds of games and as ridiculous as it looks I wonder why it happens (like gmod)

Like when a dead body tries to clip into a wall and just balls up there. Game physics? Teach me!

Ragdolls, they are physics parts just connected to one another, sometimes they clip into each other or they are somehow separated, the physics has no idea how to handle it so it just spazzes around until it finds the memory it was set as.

As of now there is like now way of stopping this without using a dynamic soft body system which would be amazing. Some games use soft body physics for ragdolls which I think is far superior.

Ragdolls, they are physics parts just connected to one another, sometimes they clip into each other or they are somehow separated, the physics has no idea how to handle it so it just spazzes around until it finds the memory it was set as.

As of now there is like now way of stopping this without using a dynamic soft body system which would be amazing. Some games use soft body physics for ragdolls which I think is far superior.

Is this somehow connected to the Evolution Engine? Or would switching to soft body system require the entire engine to be thrown out/reworked, and is thus, an unrealistic thing (until Warframe 2 comes around)?

Edited by michaelwii

Is this somehow connected to the Evolution Engine? Or would switching to soft body system require the entire engine to be thrown out/reworked, and is thus, an unrealistic thing (until Warframe 2 comes around)?

Every physics engine has the same issue with ragdolls. We'll need something revolutionary or just switch to another method.