The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Prime Access Worth The Money?

(PSN)friedricetheman

Question

Hi, was just wondering if the Prime Access is worth the money to buy it?

A hundred plus dollars is a lot of money.

I already have all the mods I need as I have been farming derelicts and T3 missions. But I am in need of warframe slots, fusion cores and credits (mostly to max out my narrow minded).

My question is:

1) Is Ember Prime any good?

2) Do I need the Titan Extractor Prime when I already have the regular one?

3) Is the Glaive Prime better than Glaive? Any stats difference?

4) How much money do I save by buying Prime Access?

19 answers to this question

You can get ember prime in game

the titan extractor is easier to make, by resources

glaive prime is better than glaive, but also attainable.

the sicarus prime is also in game.

What you really gain, are a lot of platinum.  the unique Syandana, and the 90 day boosters.

Keep in mind you get 200 dollars worth of platinum at 140 PLUS everything else.

Edited by Vahlak

If you ever played ember you would know she is the same as ember prime. Ember p just has an extra polarity and energy benefits in the void.

Extractor prime gives you twice the resources but RNG is still the same (you will rarely get any rare resources

You can find that on the wiki the difference between the two. I don't have it

Depends if you want the scarf too. I don't care for it so it depends on what you like and are willing to dish out (if you don't feel like farming)

Prime stuffs are neglectable because you can still get them else where.

The reason you would buy prime access is because:

1. you want lots of plats at discounted price and don't want wait for login discount.( $200 for 4300p at normal, PA offers $140 for 4300p, save $60)

2. exclusive unique scarf only available in PA.

3. 90 days boosters that worth 2400p( the game sells 3 day booster for 40p, so two 90 days booster = 30 *40 * 2 = 2400p)

If you didn't want any of these, then you can pass the prime access.

If you ever played ember you would know she is the same as ember prime. Ember p just has an extra polarity and energy benefits in the void.

Extractor prime gives you twice the resources but RNG is still the same (you will rarely get any rare resources

You can find that on the wiki the difference between the two. I don't have it

Depends if you want the scarf too. I don't care for it so it depends on what you like and are willing to dish out (if you don't feel like farming)

I like to point this out. Ember Prime does not have an extra polarity. She only have 2 different polarity as compared to normal ember apart from her skill polarities. 

If you buy plat, yes absolutely. The 90 day XP boost is an insane value. Even if you only buy a 3day on some weekends, that's twelve or thirteen weekends of XP boost and they don't require any plat to be used up. That's 480 or 520 plat right there. The items are fluff. The plat and boost are the deal IMO.

As a free player, probably not. Everything except Misa Syndana Prime and the avatars can be gotten in-game. If you just want to punch it up a bit I would recommend waiting for a 40 or 75% off coupon at login and just get some forma/potatos. If you're new, maybe go for a low tier prime access just to get some weapon variety and spend some of the plat on weapon and frame slots.

If you are rich enough to be able to use money as toilet paper (like most people on this forums seems to be), then sure go ahead and buy it... Otherwise no, it's not worth. You get enough Affinity and credits by the default rates and the prime gear can be easily farmed if you have patience for it. Platinum discount coupons are not that rare too, so if you need it just wait for one of those instead.

Unless you want to rush everything and take out the only aspect of the game which is grinding then no. If you can't grind then what is the point in playing? Stay away from Prime Access and burn it with fire. Just get the individual over priced platinum packs if you want to lose your money.

Edited by NoirProxy

I'm a relatively new player so maybe I can help you on this, when I first started playing this game I fell completely in love with it due to my deep love for space and ninjas, so when I found out about Prime Access it sounded bliss! not to long after that I bought the Inferno one without really thinking much about it I mean.. I really did it to support the beta!*cough*

But in the end.. I regret it with all my might, I didn't know much about the game I literally learned this game the hard way cuz I just love it so much.. if I could go back would I refund it? I would.. but sadly I can't.  Everything in there can be found in-game(except for the syndana and the Extractor) but that's pretty much it, everything else can be found in game and the plat well, you don't really need plat to get something in game except for maybe a few Catalysts.

So my answer as a fairly new player that went through probably the same thing your going through now.

No.

I'm a relatively new player so maybe I can help you on this, when I first started playing this game I fell completely in love with it due to my deep love for space and ninjas, so when I found out about Prime Access it sounded bliss! not to long after that I bought the Inferno one without really thinking much about it I mean.. I really did it to support the beta!*cough*

But in the end.. I regret it with all my might, I didn't know much about the game I literally learned this game the hard way cuz I just love it so much.. if I could go back would I refund it? I would.. but sadly I can't.  Everything in there can be found in-game(except for the syndana and the Extractor) but that's pretty much it, everything else can be found in game and the plat well, you don't really need plat to get something in game except for maybe a few Catalysts.

So my answer as a fairly new player that went through probably the same thing your going through now.

No.

beautiful.

i am new player too but i dont regreat from this buy bcz the most

value is 90 days af/credit boost

i buyed the pack from early Dec and yes after a while i  farmed  the BP of

Sicarus and Glaive but all my weapons is ptatoed and 3X formated and

i have all frames potatoed and my very best formated

you need plat only for potatoes formas slots and the af/credit boost

to pass the first ranks and have convinient play (all knows how much difficult is this game at start)

and also support the development of a game you like

and finaly the amount of plats from this pack is more than enough to

give you convinience

I bought for the Platinum, the 90d Booster, and to support DE for giving me 600+ hours entertainment. Here is my justification: A $10.00 movie ticket buys me ~2 hours of entertainment; 600 hours worth of movies would therefore cost me ~$3,000.00; The ratio of money spent to entertainment received is much better for Warframe at roughly $1.00/h (in my case). It isn't necessarily the most logical argument, but in the context of supporting the development of a game I enjoy this justification seems sound enough to be going on with. :P

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

My only reason to get the prime access is to get the 90 days credit booster as I am in dire need of money to max out my narrow minded. The plats are needed to potato my weapons and also buy extra warframe/weapons slots and all color options.

But a 1000 plats ticket should be enough for all that except for the credits booster which will cost me 2400plats for 90 days as someone here pointed out.

How much credits do I need to max out narrow minded? I have it to rank 6 now. But going any further is a grind as my rare 5 and uncommon 5 cores are doing small ticks to the fusion bar and I ran out of money way before I can get to a quarter full.

And what are you going to do in the game once you instantly rank up Narrow Minded as a result of spending real money? 

This is the current problem with Warframe (and I have only been here for a few months, too). Take your time, enjoy the farm and the people you meet along the way. That is what keeps the game fresh. I have gotten my own Narrow Minded up to 8/10 without even thinking about it too much. Play lots of void missions and survivals and you will have enough cores and credits before you know it. Conveniently, they are the more enjoyable parts of the game anyway :)