Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'best' To 'worst' Frames Poll

Sh1n3y

Guest Shibboleet

Chaos is better than Radial Blind in my opinion, had an debate with another user over that a little while back... so not everyone agrees. Vauban's CC is only better in certain situations I.E- Infested, and/or maps with nice choke points. But in standard, wide-open maps Vauban is going to be less useful than Radial Blind.

Chaos is amazing. Absorb is okay and works as a poor man's snow globe.

Frame damage hardly matters in higher level missions, not sure why you'd even bother mentioning it if you have played those missions. Loki and Vauban turn missions into nothing but shooting fish (enemies) in a barrel (vortex); Assuming you put a punch-through mod on, you should also be able to greatly decrease ammo consumption. What frames you bring in addition to those two doesn't really matter... Nekros if it's survival and (if you're feeling antsy and/or don't trust the Loki player) Trinity/Frost depending on the mission type, availability, and general preference.

Absorb is great against infested and also if you turn other factions into melee, but excal has only RB which I still consider subpar. Excal doesn't bring any damage modifiers to the table and the reason loki's CC is decent is because it's infinite and stunlocks any newcomers. Radial blind < Radial disarm.

Frame utility and damage does matter in higher level missions, which is why I bring it up. Loki + Vauban make high wave defense insanely slow and survival missions you sacrifice a damage frame or two. I have used this combo before in Grineer galleon defense and it was the most boring and time consuming task I've ever done in Warframe; Yes, even worse than farming the Detron pre 100% drop rate change.

Edited by Shibboleet

Love how the frames I tend to play through high level defense missions and voids (Ember, Valkyr. Pretty much mained Ash for a very long time) are considered "low tier" in the OP's and the community's eyes.

I should've taken a few teaspoons of salt while reading instead of just a grain. But then again that's alot of sodium. And salt tastes kinda strong by itself. No one likes a salty mouth. Disgusting.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Guest Shibboleet

Love how the frames I tend to play through high level defense missions and voids (Ember, Valkyr. Pretty much mained Ash for a very long time) are considered "low tier" in the OP's and the community's eyes.

I should've taken a few teaspoons of salt while reading instead of just a grain. But then again that's alot of sodium. And salt tastes kinda strong by itself. No one likes a salty mouth. Disgusting.

Define high level defense

Oh I get to choose? Well this is even better. Do any Grineer survival - your choice, just Grineer.

Yeah, I figured if I didn't let you choose the first response I'd get is "Oh, you chose that mission? That mission is an exception." or something like that. Also, you are aware that letting me choose any grineer survival means I could just take the easy way out and run Apollodorus...

Absorb is great against infested and also if you turn other factions into melee, but excal has only RB which I still consider subpar. Excal doesn't bring any damage modifiers to the table and the reason loki's CC is decent is because it's infinite and stunlocks any newcomers. Radial blind < Radial disarm.

Frame utility and damage does matter in higher level missions, which is why I bring it up. Loki + Vauban make high wave defense insanely slow and survival missions you sacrifice a damage frame or two. I have used this combo before in Grineer galleon defense and it was the most boring and time consuming task I've ever done in Warframe; Yes, even worse than farming the Detron pre 100% drop rate change.

Didn't know we were talking about Absorb+Radial Disarm vs Radial Blind.

Who was even debating Radial Disarm vs Radial Blind? I'd go with Radial Disarm 10 out of 10 times.

Since when? Last I checked Utility never goes out of style. Damage falling-off is a given, which is why I was confused since you brought up 'damage frame'. I've used the Loki Vauban combo too, it was a Corpus defense and it was boring but extremely easy. Not as boring as farming for the Brakk though, that nearly had me in tears.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Guest Shibboleet
Didn't know we were talking about Absorb+Radial Disarm vs Radial Blind.

Who was even debating Radial Disarm vs Radial Blind? I'd go with Radial Disarm 10 out of 10 times.

Since when? Last I checked Utility never goes out of style. Damage falling-off is a given, which is why I was confused since you brought up 'damage frame'. I've used the Loki Vauban combo too, it was a Corpus defense and it was boring but extremely easy. Not as boring as farming for the Brakk though, that nearly had me in tears.

I was commenting that RB is worse than other CC frames, but RD and Vauban got mixed in with that statement which helped support that RB isn't as good.

Utility never does go out of style, but some types of frame damage also never go out of style. At least this is from my personal experience.

Edited by Shibboleet

I was commenting that RB is worse than other CC frames, but RD and Vauban got mixed in with that statement which helped support that RB isn't as good.

Utility never does go out of style, but some types of frame damage also never go out of style. At least this is from my personal experience.

RB has a much larger AoE than Vortex and can affect more enemies at once than Bastille. RB is actually much more versatile than Vauban's bag of CC. I'd even say it is more useful since it works well against more enemy types than Vauban's does.

The only kinds of damage that don't fall-off are those that scale, the amount of scaling frame damage abilities is tiny. 

Guest Shibboleet

T3 void. Valkyr and Ash are great for reviving friends and weeding out the stronger enemies while Ember's fire based stun capabilities + her fire debuff keeps the rushing Ancients well under control.

Your definition and this threads are different. End game right now is not t3 void, but it is a really long t3 (not tower) survival or a wave 100+ defense (tier 3).

• 1 month later...