Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Explosive Bolt Rifle Concept: Goblin

LoveYourEnemy

Other Concepts: 

-LYKA: Railgun-SMG [link]https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/166972-corpus-railgun-smg-concept-lyka/[/link]

-DYSRA: Burst-fire Tesla Shotgun [link]https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/170777-corpus-burst-fire-tesla-shotgun-concept-dysra/[/link]

The Grineer have found ways to implant detonite into their bullets, giving explosions a smaller form factor.

The 'GOBLIN' is a Burst-fire explosive bolt rifle (shoots explosive bolts), that if charged will fire a powerful contact explosive bolt killing the target and the enemies around them. These (3) bolts are very quick, but not quite at hitscan (if they dont kill the target, the three bolts lodged in the target will explode after a second/ explosive radius is about 2 meters in game). The Charge-shot is a little bit slower, but will explode on contact and has a larger blast radius than the normal shot(does an exponential amount of explosive damage compared to the burst shots). Damage is boosted by blast damage and regular damage mods. 

ADDITIONS/EDITS:

-The reasoning for puncture is because it is supposed to burrow into a target's armor/flesh and then detonate (or for charge shots it explodes on contact). / I guess it would be a good idea to put some Impact damage on, but of course the main damage type would be puncture.

-The reload should be moderate, maybe around 2 seconds. The main thing though is burst fire speed and charge speed. I was thinking between bursts it could be like the Hind or a little bit slower, and the charge should be like the Ballistica or slightly longer.... just to give a rough idea for balancing and handling.

-Damage for the charge shot would be affected for how long you charge. Each charge shot consumes 3 ammo, regardless of charge time. A full chargeshot would be maybe a 5x multiplier of the total damage of the burst, making it worth the while to charge.

1496463_579024332179155_751495960_o.jpg

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

Into the chem lab with you!

I would enjoy to see this in the game. The concept behind this is really neat.

My question is would you be able to use the Thunderbolt mod for extra explosion chance? I know it's a bow mod but shooting explosive bolts one could only hope that mod would work with the weapon.

Also why so much Puncture damage, with the Grineer and Corpus fighting wouldn't it be more of an Impact or Slash weapon to help them against the Corpus?

Just a few thoughts.

I would enjoy to see this in the game. The concept behind this is really neat.

My question is would you be able to use the Thunderbolt mod for extra explosion chance? I know it's a bow mod but shooting explosive bolts one could only hope that mod would work with the weapon.

Also why so much Puncture damage, with the Grineer and Corpus fighting wouldn't it be more of an Impact or Slash weapon to help them against the Corpus?

Just a few thoughts.

Thunderbolt is just to give the arrows a chance to explode. This gun shoots explosive bolts all the time, and explodes for every shot, so Thunderbolt wouldn't be compatible. However, Firestorm would logically work because that mod affects explosion radius (or AOE radius) on weapons like the Ignis, Ogris and Penta.

The reasoning for puncture is because it is supposed to burrow into a target's armor/flesh and then detonate (or for charge shots it explodes on contact). 

Thunderbolt is just to give the arrows a chance to explode. This gun shoots explosive bolts all the time, and explodes for every shot, so Thunderbolt wouldn't be compatible. However, Firestorm would logically work because that mod affects explosion radius (or AOE radius) on weapons like the Ignis, Ogris and Penta.

The reasoning for puncture is because it is supposed to burrow into a target's armor/flesh and then detonate (or for charge shots it explodes on contact). 

AHHHH You explained a good bit and it is more logical for Firestorm to work. The Blast radius before Firestorm would generally have to be somewhat small because a +26% are radius would be a good bit.

Overal the weapon should have decent impact then for a good chance to knockdown/stun the enemy, Overall good concept I like the idea. Also what were you thinking on a reload time between 2-3 seconds?

AHHHH You explained a good bit and it is more logical for Firestorm to work. The Blast radius before Firestorm would generally have to be somewhat small because a +26% are radius would be a good bit.

Overal the weapon should have decent impact then for a good chance to knockdown/stun the enemy, Overall good concept I like the idea. Also what were you thinking on a reload time between 2-3 seconds?

I guess it would be a good idea to put some Impact damage on, but of course the main damage type would be puncture.

The reload should be moderate, maybe around 2 seconds. The main thing though is burst fire speed and charge speed. I was thinking between bursts it could be like the Hind or a little bit slower, and the charge should be like the Ballistica or slightly longer.... just to give a rough idea for balancing and handling.

Added the info from the replies to the actual post, the charge damage info has been added too.

+1 to you for the edits. I like the idea keep it up. I'm not sure if they are still taking submissions for weapon idea but there is a post somewhere that you can upload your design / weapon for the Devs to look at. I believe it's somewhere in the Livestream section. Kudos.

I also like the idea that the mag flips outward I would like to see something like this in the Lab because not enough Grineer weapons in the lab.