Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Lanka Not A Hitscan Weapon?

Killerdude8

lol! On a side note any of you rememeber the Rail gun in Red Faction?

Yea that old fps game that let you make your own door around a locked door with a bazooka! The Rail gun in that game was the most OP thing ive ever had my hands on! Looking in the scope would show enemys heat through walls and you can kill any and all enemys in a line regardless of walls or cars or just well any object in the way.

Down side to it was that it was single shot and took forever between shots! Still I would also love to see somthing like this in Warframe.

nah, i dont find sniping anything on long to mid range difficult or annoying. And if they change it to hit-scan that could possibly mean a "balance fix" that decrease dmg or crit. and that would be uncool 

up: well yes and no, most (if not all) corpus weapons use some kind of plasma projectiles (cause Fieldron desc.) and to move / shape plasma you need electric and/or magnetic force, that could be easily achieved by set of coils etc

Edited by Syius

lol! On a side note any of you rememeber the Rail gun in Red Faction?

Yea that old fps game that let you make your own door around a locked door with a bazooka! The Rail gun in that game was the most OP thing ive ever had my hands on! Looking in the scope would show enemys heat through walls and you can kill any and all enemys in a line regardless of walls or cars or just well any object in the way.

Down side to it was that it was single shot and took forever between shots! Still I would also love to see somthing like this in Warframe.

I played my fair share of Red Faction 1 & 2 multiplayer back in the day. Good times with that railgun! Red Faction 1 was the best for environmental destruction. You could dig a hole with a rocket launcher and get yourself stuck in a pit! Back to the topic, I don't remember if that railgun was hitscan or not, but the projectile was still a lot faster than the warframe one. 

because there is something that trumps realism when it comes to video games.

" balance"

more damage, yet projectile has travel time, making it more of a niche weapon, in the same vein of the other energy weapons, such as the supra and the dera, it also makes the weapons function slightly different, which is always good

if you dont like the travel time, use the vectis, if you dont like the small clip of the vectis, use snipetron, etc

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

because there is something that trumps realism when it comes to video games.

" balance"

more damage, yet projectile has travel time, making it more of a niche weapon, in the same vein of the other energy weapons, such as the supra and the dera, it also makes the weapons function slightly different, which is always good

if you dont like the travel time, use the vectis, if you dont like the small clip of the vectis, use snipetron, etc

Except the Vectis, A Hit scan weapon, Does more damage than the Lanka.

Except the Vectis, A Hit scan weapon, Does more damage than the Lanka.

sorry but you are wrong

Lanka - 250 Elec dmg (fully charged) / 50 dmg (part charge)

Vectis - 175 (70 + 61.25 + 43.75)

when Lanka first appear there was only full charge dmg so look at those

sorry but you are wrong

Lanka - 250 Elec dmg (fully charged) / 50 dmg (part charge)

Vectis - 175 (70 + 61.25 + 43.75)

when Lanka first appear there was only full charge dmg so look at those

The Vectis also has multiple resistances to be reduced by. 

Lanka can be made to any dominant element for the faction you want to use it against. 

Lanka is fine as it is, I think. It has 10 shots and deals good damage. Travel and charge time are there so it is not op.

If you want a railgun or at least something in the direction, use the snipetron: it is corpus tech but uses bullets and it is also hitscan.

Problem solved. (as far as possible right now)

Still it would be nice to have a badass railgun. Something like Metal Gear.

Leave my Lanka the F*** alone!

Lanka has 5m INNATE PUNCH THROUGH. So long, pesky 11-15 cost on punch through mods!

20% critical rate

25% status chance

And, after numerous suggestions/complaints about a sniper needing to charge for a shot, it can fire without full charge.

Projectile shots are very small sacrifice for that!

I really doubt that lanka was meant as railgun.

On the other hand i could make simple project of railgun

300 puncture dmg

100 impact dmg

100.0 accuracy

0.5 fire rate

1 clip size

3.0 reload

charge trigger (2s to fully charge)

20m innate punch through

hitscan ofc