Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tetra Sucks... And So Do Most Weapons.

Ransurias

WpreRZv.jpg

9QiCnkI.jpg

Hope the images work since I have never posted images before, but I think the tetra is a decent weapon and is very enjoyable once you get used to it. But it does require a lot of work to make it viable.

(was using this build for corpus)

Edited by Cranial_Enigma

Impressive, but crit-based weapons are capable of dealing several times more damage to targets with sustained fire over a given period of time. A Soma with two forma and a catalyst is going to make any Tetra / Karak / et cetera build using any amount of forma look like a pea shooter, at best.

Impressive, but crit-based weapons are capable of dealing several times more damage to targets with sustained fire over a given period of time. A Soma with two forma and a catalyst is going to make any Tetra / Karak / et cetera build using any amount of forma look like a pea shooter, at best.

Indeed, my point is that it can be viable but it is a mastery rank 0 weapon so people shouldn't expect it to be a great weapon. All weapons can be good if you put time in them, some will just be better then others. (my soma and synapse still put it to shame but I love using the tetra)

why would you ever 8 forma a melee weapon?  are u trolling?

I see people with no plat do it all the time.

Its really easy to get forma, not so much to be awake at the right time for a potato. If I didn't have a few spare catalysts, i'd probably do it too.

There, now it is fixed.

lol im not on the Booben bandwagon, I just find that there is only 1 mission I can not solo with Vauban. And that's Lephantus over on ODAs.

Every other problem can be solved with liberal application of bullets and bastille (also tesla)

Edited by ensignvidiot

lol im not on the Booben bandwagon, I just find that there is only 1 mission I can not solo with Vauban. And that's Lephantus over on ODAs.

Every other problem can be solved with liberal application of bullets and bastille (also tesla)

I'm not saying he isn't useful, that's not what I meant. I just don't understand why people praise him when he only excels against infested. He is okay-meh against the other factions due to not having a hard counter to bullets.

I had more text but it might have corrupted the point I was trying to make so I cut it. I'll just say this, there are other frames that can hard counter all factions.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

How -- or when -- did I imply anything concerning weapons with even steeper mastery requirements? The Mastery system as a whole is silly, in my opinion. I'm only pointing out that it's silly to give players a sense of "choice" in implementing new weapons while at the same time screwing their end-game potential over in the name of the small handful of truly solid weapons that exist in the game right now. In my ideal world, more weapons should be more competitive. That's all.

Most weapons need a baseline small damage buff to make them on par with the current god weapons. It would come down to how the weapons are buffed, and how said buff would even them out with the current high tier weapons when both are forma'd to a certain extent. The time and effort it would take to rebalance the system properly would be immense, but worth it in the end, because every weapon could be used or taken, incentivizing build diversity and weapon diversity.

Buffing damage would be handling critical chances, critical damage, base damage, and status chance. Fire rates, clip sizes, reload times, and damage skews do not really factor into it for me, because they give the weapon its unique handling qualities. The problem that surfaces is the homagenization of weapons released and available if everything is equally viable end game. Why use one over the other, when you can stay at base weapons and do end game content with it? It would destabilize the system to an extent if no tiering was implemented, so how do you split them up while keeping them all viable, and keep your players buying new weapons?

Thanks for reading my rambling post, this is an interesting subject to think about and discuss.(homagenizarion is not the proper spelling, but the system doesn't like the word h o m ogenization.)

Edited by Pep_Legend

the problem here is the modding

I made a topic about puncture impact and slash dmg

and I rly did like the suggestion to change those mods into the same mods as elementals are right now

give them 90% of total added weapon dmg buff at max rank

this way you can either buff the current primary weapon type dmg or supplement the weapon with the missing type of dmg

example of the mechanic

lets say weapon does

10 slash

10 impact

100 puncture

that is a total of 120 dmg

elemental mod would give the weapon additional 108 dmg of the chosen element

this needs to be copied to puncture/slash/impact mods to actually allow players mix and match and make their perfect weapon combos