Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Bad At Close Range.

sneakatone

I feel like the rounds come out a little bit to the left of the gun. so what you aim at with your cross hairs wont directly hit. so in addition to that a point blank range shot would completely miss. I dont know exactly if all the hand cannons/ side arm shotguns do that but I notice this guns has this effect ( maybe because we can see the projectiles better).

but does anyone else notice this?

It's just a problem with projectile weapon mechanics. The projectiles automatically lock onto what the camera's looking at, so they'll always hit dead-center on targets a few feet away from you. Any closer, though, and they veer off way to your right (so you'll miss entirely if the target is within a certain range because of overcompensation). If it's sailing to your left of the enemy, the enemy's probably too close and your weapon's being held out past them or something.

But yeah, it does get really annoying on projectile weapons. That's why I don't use the Drakgoon; its projectile nature makes it suited for point-blank shots. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

What you're describing occurs with pretty much all weapons at close range.

It's just a problem with projectile weapon mechanics.

Not quite. The problem is with the disparity between the 3rd person view of the camera and the actual position of the gun (where the bullets come out).

This occurs even in FPS games, but it's less noticeable because the camera-gun disparity isn't as great.

Not quite. The problem is with the disparity between the 3rd person view of the camera and the actual position of the gun (where the bullets come out).

This occurs even in FPS games, but it's less noticeable because the camera-gun disparity isn't as great.

That's a big part of it, yeah. Hitscan weapons don't suffer from this at all, though. xD

With bows and the Drakgoon, I typically aim above and to the right of the head depending on my distance from the target for a closer range headshot. If I'm at a sufficient distance I'll aim directly at what I'm targeting (just assuming a stationary target, and accounting for projectile curve of course).

I do this a lot too.

Basically, if the target is within "overcompensating range", then you can aim at a faraway object past their head and the projectiles will fly directly foward, except from the left side of the screen where your character is standing.

Have the same issue with Seer.  I learned to aim more to right at close range.  The issue also causes you to hit cover you're using, whereas you'd shoot around said cover just fine with other weapons.

Was thinking about this while reading the thread myself, since Damage 2.0 made Seer way more useful to build, and thus have been playing with it enough to potato it recently. Adapting to how weapons hit really matters, though the hitscan issues have been a long standing problem.

What you're describing occurs with pretty much all weapons at close range.

Pretty much. For example, TF2 Soldier rockets and Demoman grenades more or less come out of the character's shoulder.