The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Issues

Endorphinz

As we all know, there are issues with forma. This has probably already been mentioned before, but daaaaang, it does need to be mentioned again, repeatedly.

It is a fact, and has been acknowledged by DE that the advent of the damage 2.0 system made the order of polarities on your weapon important, as elemental mod order affects the combined elements on a weapon. I hope they're still working on that, of course.

My other issue is that with the constantly evolving system of damage and weapons, you might put a certain polarity on a weapon, and then boom, suddenly they change something about the weapon, or elemental effectiveness, and then you regret it. This is especially annoying since elemental and damage type mods can be of the three primary polarities - ice is triangle, lightning, fire and toxin are bars, and most of the double-effect elemental mods are V-polarity.

So, if you liked having ice on your weapon in a previous patch on your anti-corpus weapon, but then suddenly they changed your weapon's effectiveness, and you decide you're rather use it against infested, or use a non-triangle polarity mod (your options are very limited). Basically, it means tough for you.

Let me address your valid responses here before moving on:

Just use another forma - the most obvious, but come on, who wants to do this? Changes to game mechanics should not punish players' previous choices.

Just keep what you have right now - The mod system is supposed to give you freedom to customize your weapon's abilities, not lock you into one setup.

You know this game is in beta, and should expect these sorts of changes - true, but this doesn't mean this issue can't be addressed and fixed. Player feedback is important to the developers.

Wow you suck, learn how to forma - no u

So, there you have it... what do you suppose should be done to fix this issue? It may not bother all of you, but I feel this needs to be looked at.

I think that the easiest way to fix this issue is to allow people to just freely move their polarity symbols around at any time via a basic drag-and-drop with the mouse.

Not only would it fix all of the forma issues, it would allow you to have a different polarity order for the A/B/C setups in your weapon so that you can have a specific order in each one for each of the different factions.

Beyond that they should consider making the Ice mod match the rest of the base elements in polarity. It doesn't make sense to have that be different than the rest.

EDIT:

And there are ways that DE can handle it without having those forma spent on the D polarities wasted: For every weapon where you spent a forma to make a D polarity just give the player a free re-polorization for that slot without resetting level.

Edited by Tsukinoki

when using forma you are allowed to add, change, remove a polarity slot.

My suggestion is this.

Let us say that you have a weapon that you have formaed twice.

Adding a new forma would make the weapon go back to its original state and you can now change, add, remove a polarity slot 3 times.

When you forma it again for the fourth time, the weapon goes back to how it was (as in no polarity slots etc) and you are allowed to make four changes to it.

This way, you can change your setup. Still gonna cost you a forma, though.

And is 6 formas the max you can have?

If so, DE could perhaps introduce a new forma thingie that allows you to reset a weapon formaed 6 times and add, change, remove polarities 6 times on the weapon, or.

Aftert getting 6 formas on a weapon and you still haven't gotten it right, then you'll have to buy a new weapon and start over again.

Also, to clarify, my complaint is not about being able to arrange the order of polarities on your weapon (although that is still an issue). It's about making your polarity setups obsolete when DE releases a gameplay change.

An example would be my dual ichor. Back when they were released, who wanted freeze damage/stun chance on them (especially considering North Wind only gives +10% freeze damage per rank, compared to Molten Impact giving +15%)? I changed the triangle polarity it came with to something else. Now, I really wish I could have cold damage on my ichors, to give them the viral elemental, but unfortunately there's no space for it without spending another forma and 30 ranks to "fix" it.