Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Detron Status Chance

Duk282

The Detron took quite a bit of effort and patience to acquire yet it is kind of bland compared to the Brakk. 

These two weapons are supposed to be incredibly powerful as they were/are incredibly hard to obtain. 

The Brakk has a really good crit chance and I believe the Detron should have a buffed status chance -possibly up to 20% to naturally take advantage of what is the key feature of the Detron: the only weapon in the game with default radiation damage. 

(Currently the Detron does not appear to have fall off damage but it's rounds have several disadvantages to the Brakk already: poor hitbox and pointblank range, slight travel time, and a wider spread.)

Please show your support if you believe the Detron should be the status inflicting counterpart to Brakk's crit damage. 

Hmm, I don't really know... I proc with it extremely often even with just 10% (16% depending if my build uses pistol pestilence). Maybe buff it to 15%, but not more, since it has one advantage already, no falloff (and that should really be kept).

in burst damage its pretty bad compared to all other shotpistols.. So it could use a bit more love.

I do agree that it may need a status chance buff.

Brakk already mauls in damage, crit chance/damage, and ties for status chance verse Detron.

I'd love for Detron to have the higher status chance with its innate Radiation. Good combo.

*Building mine as I speak. Will try it out and form final opinion after*

Edited by MagnusFury

You do realize that status is calculated per pellet, right? Meaning that with 180% multishot, you will shoot 20 pellets per shot most of the time. With 10% status chance, you can reasonably assume that each shot will have 2 procs most of the time. How is that not good? Also, the Detron should not be brought to the level of the Brakk. No gun should. The Brakk still needs another nerf. (The falloff "nerf" did absolutely nothing, and everyone who has a Brakk knows that perfectly well.)

The Detron is balanced it's a good gun with its own unique features that make it powerful in its own rights. Is it better than the Bronco Prime? Against the Grineer yes. Against the Corpus? The Bronco Prime's higher base damage and impact damage gain better benefits vs the corpus shields.

The Detron took quite a bit of effort and patience to acquire yet it is kind of bland compared to the Brakk.

These two weapons are supposed to be incredibly powerful as they were/are incredibly hard to obtain.

Detron is balanced and should stay as it is.

But Brakk ...

Also not sure about Stug.

Edited by Voidflow

Detron is useless if it isn't causing Radiation damage.  Which it isn't because the proc is low.

*Equips rage mod*

Like can we finally rap this up?  Can ALL ELEMENTAL WEAPONRY HAVE 15-20% PROC?  WTF is the difference between having 10% Proc Weapon and me taking a non elemental weapon and adding PROC to it when they will ALL be under 15% MAX?  WHY DOES AN ELEMENTAL WEAPON HAVE 10% AND A NON ELEMENTAL WEAPON HAVE 10% THE SAME BASE PROC.  WHY  I do not want to hear..well we are testing the waters....Well you released Volt's head as a weapon and gave it high proc and it's a success.

Like can we finally rap this up?  Can ALL ELEMENTAL WEAPONRY HAVE 15-20% PROC?  WTF is the difference between having 10% Proc Weapon and me taking a non elemental weapon and adding PROC to it when they will ALL be under 15% MAX?  WHY DOES AN ELEMENTAL WEAPON HAVE 10% AND A NON ELEMENTAL WEAPON HAVE 10% THE SAME BASE PROC.  WHY  I do not want to hear..well we are testing the waters....Well you released Volt's head as a weapon and gave it high proc and it's a success.

Because Slash, Impact, and Puncture have procs too.

Detron is useless if it isn't causing Radiation damage.  Which it isn't because the proc is low.

*Equips rage mod*

Erm, I don't think you quite understand how elements and procs work.

The Brakk has a really good crit chance and I believe the Detron should have a buffed status chance -possibly up to 20% to naturally take advantage of what is the key feature of the Detron: the only weapon in the game with default radiation damage. 

(Currently the Detron does not appear to have fall off damage but it's rounds have several disadvantages to the Brakk already: poor hitbox and pointblank range, slight travel time, and a wider spread.)

Please show your support if you believe the Detron should be the status inflicting counterpart to Brakk's crit damage. 

proc should be 15-20%

dmg fall off on a lazer weapon makes no sense since its defiles gravity which is the logic

Brakk has 30k DPS (which is double the DPS other Pistols have .. normally they are around 15k, could use a nerf but thats another story), Detron has 15k DPS.

Given that Detron should be the Corpus equivalent of the Brakk in terms of gameplay it really could use a buff to Status chance to still set it apart from the Brakk but bringing it more on par with that rediculously overpowered (yes, i said it) gun.

Since Akmagnus got a buff to Status chance (25% now) that makes no sense to me whatsoever (for me Akmagnus is raw power, high damage... not Status) i would say Detron should be a Status gun, too. It definitely deserves it and i would say bring status chance up to 25%.

I have yet to see my Detron proc slash/impact or puncture.....

Just Crit and Radiation...

What he meant were Procs in general, including the base damage types Impact, Slash and Puncture (short: ISP) and not only Elemental damage.

A Weapon can procc all it's damage types if it has them. If a weapon only has Radiation damage then of course it can only procc Radiation, like the Detron. The Brakk on the other hand has ISP base damage and can procc each of them... Impact, Slash or Puncture.

Edited by Namacyst

You got these wrong. Rare doesnt mean powerful, rare means rare.

I dont really feel like detron needs any buffs.

Spent the night duking it out with the Detron.

While I would personally like to see its status chance upped 5%-10%, it seems fine.

Aside from players who may not have acquired Cicero mods or have trouble acquiring Barrel Diffusion/Lethal Torrent, the Detron procs a fair amount. It could still use that status chance buff, but it does nicely as it is.

Damage wise, the Detron does its job: Destroying Grineer units.

Radiation + Corrosive is just the bee's knees.

Edited by MagnusFury

You do realize that status is calculated per pellet, right? Meaning that with 180% multishot, you will shoot 20 pellets per shot most of the time. With 10% status chance, you can reasonably assume that each shot will have 2 procs most of the time. 

This might be true on paper but it isn't accurate in the field due to Detron's extremely wide pellet spread. I'll be lucky to get a single proc out of 5 shots. Don't forget to add that little quirk about "projectiles" not being able to hit their target at point blank range.

Your math for the Detron is only true in game when your targets fall within a very specific range and that just doesn't happen (don't forget that slight travel time on Detron's projectiles). 

Edited by Duk282