Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akmagnus Has Really High Dps (Fixed. No Longer Rivals Brakk In Dps.)

Psychosist

34529ec.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/34529ec.jpg

Lex has 1.1 RoF and 70 DPH = 77 base DPS (terrible)

AkLex has 2.0 RoF and 70 DPH = 140 base DPS (not bad)

AkVasto has 10 RoF and 50 DPH = 500 base DPS (great)

AkMagnus has 8.3 RoF and 88 DPH = 730.4 base DPS (rofl)

Brakk has 5 RoF and 150 DPH = 750 base DPS (what)

Almost as high in DPS as the Brakk, blows Lex and its big brother Aklex out of the water, even catching up to the Brakk.

This isn't a bug report, as the description says it contains "twice the stopping power", likely meaning the doubled damage is intentional. Also a thread has already been made in the Weapons Feedback, so this one is just to let everyone know of the new mighty power that is now known as AkMagnus. I myself own a pair of AkVastos, and my best friend has been sitting on his level 30 Magnus for quite some time now, and boy would he be psyched to see this.

Redtext confirms the description was a typo. The 88 damage has been fixed. You should still probably get the AkMagnus though.

Edited by Psychosist

I knew this day would come. now the magnus rises to glory and can finally outshine the akvasto and aklex in pure damage. I'll miss using the single magnus, but I'll keep it around since it's potatoed and forma'd and such. 

plus dat 20% status chance, very nice

Have you ever shot the Akvasto 10 times in one second?

too slow. i have to use gunslinger

on the other hand i think i might grab these too to go along with my akvastos. status chance is hnnnnnngh

Edited by rCaliberGX

I've been sitting on a 30 Magnus knowing this would happen too. Now I have the real deal... The Stats actually are the same shown in the picture. So, unless I'm behind in the hotfix (I'm not) then the nerf doesn't show in the stats is my guess...

Just saw this...

Confirmed by Red Text: Akmagnus current DPS is actually a typo. Already nerfed with the latest hotfix. :/

Still gonna use it, as these things will still be beastly in the right hands. As any weapon is! ;)

Edited by Kastiridin

No. DE have a track record of tricking people into actions and then delivering dead silence if you question it.

The damage is in their video, the description of the weapon and Oh NO! it was an error after we buy it.  Sigh...  If DE would just do things the opposite, drop it out at 12 dps then double it they would be heroes, but nope the "typo" got through their video without them noticing it (lol at private video blocking people from seeing it) it got through the patch.

Maybe next time they will do things the other way.  At least it is another 3k mastery fodder and 1 gun closer to 15 for those of us who did not know of Warframe before steam made it popular.