Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synaspe Delayed Damage

Kiyosaki

I noticed with the synaspe while i have been using it during the past 2 weeks, its damage is delayed, like if i shoot the enemy, it takes 1 second after for the damage to pop up, or i  fire 5 bullets of the synaspe and only see 2 damage pop ups within those 5 bullets. Unlike soma, the damage pops up instantly as soon as i start shooting the enemy.

Anyone know what is up with this?

Continuous Weapons had some changes to them to try and cutdown on packet usage. 

it currently has resulted in the first 100ms being the first Damage 'tick', and 333ms for every 'tick' after.

unfortunately that's left Continuous Weapons feeling kind've weird now. perhaps a different way to lower packet usage can be discovered. but i can't actually think of one. 

Yeah, an attempt from DE to nerf most continous weapons.

or... not. as it wasn't. propaganda is just that.

its a known problem where DE "try" to fix it but it still is causing the problem which affected the overall feel of the weapons. Since pretty much no one asked for the change, can't they simply revert the changes and go back to the way it was before?

its a known problem where DE "try" to fix it but it still is causing the problem which affected the overall feel of the weapons. Since pretty much no one asked for the change, can't they simply revert the changes and go back to the way it was before?

we pleaded already.

I know, I did too. The Flux and Synapse were my two favorite weapons. The lack of action from DE regarding this issue, to me, makes this more of an intended nerf than a slight adjustment.

that's what i said, but this $&*(# is like:

or... not. as it wasn't. propaganda is just that.

"propaganda"

check the facts, lower damage, delayed kills, all that

Maybe it was causing troubles to the game we are not aware of. Maybe it works better in some sort of way.

Yeah the delayed damages are saddening but please don't juge too fast. Let's just ask for an explanation for the moment. DE surely knows about this issue already and is working on it.

Wait and see friends :)

i did. my facts are Developer statements. what are yours? jumping to conclusions generally results in incorrect analysis. if i had done the same thing, i wouldn't be any 'righter'.

I'm not jumping to conclusions.

I said Check the facts.

Statement are words.

Facts are what's really goin' on.

There's less damage and as i said, sometimes you can't even break canisters with your synapse.

Edited by laubauflo

i did. my facts are Developer statements. what are yours? jumping to conclusions generally results in incorrect analysis. if i had done the same thing, i wouldn't be any 'righter'.

you would rather believe whatever statement DE sends out in their update notes or actual play testing from actual, you know BETA test players?

you would rather believe whatever statement DE sends out in their update notes or actual play testing from actual, you know BETA test players?

well, they know what their intention is - random players can only reverse engineer and datamine - both of which are so unreliable sometimes you wonder why you bother. 

the only reason why it feels like it was 'nerfed' is because the Damage is being spread in a weird way. the same with anything else that also feels lower. a direct effect of changing the firing mechanics. 

but if you can think of a different way for Continuous Weapons to operate that also reduces Packet usage while feeling Continuous, i'm all for it. but i can't think of anything. anything that does constant Damage uses a lot of Packets... in any idea i can come up with.

well, they know what their intention is - random players can only reverse engineer and datamine - both of which are so unreliable sometimes you wonder why you bother. 

the only reason why it feels like it was 'nerfed' is because the Damage is being spread in a weird way. the same with anything else that also feels lower. a direct effect of changing the firing mechanics. 

but if you can think of a different way for Continuous Weapons to operate that also reduces Packet usage while feeling Continuous, i'm all for it. but i can't think of anything. anything that does constant Damage uses a lot of Packets... in any idea i can come up with.

I don't know, try like it was before.

When they put the idea out of stronger but less procs on continous  weapons (procs are veary underpowered anyway) I liked the Idea;

- What I was thinking of : damage/procs is applied instantly and continously on the enemy while damage numbers only show once every second.

-DE's version : applying the damage/procs synced with the damage numbers showing every second, adding a delay between when you shoot an enemy and when you actually damage it, this also results in overdamaging you enemies because the damage isn't applied instantly and since the continous weapons alredy have an inefficient ammo economy, that one second delay will also result in wasting ammo due to overdamage.

FIX THIS BROKEN SYSTEN DE plz :3

Edited by HAR1MAU

I don't know, try like it was before.

but that's the reason a change was made. Continuous certainly use less Packets now, but they are awkward to use. 

i want a better idea too, but nothing sounds like it will play nicely with Packet usage. anything that deals damage in upwards of 15 or 20 times a second will be sending that many Packets(atleast, probably more). but then, a Continuous Weapon 'needs' to deal Damage that often to feel right :s

but that's the reason a change was made. Continuous certainly use less Packets now, but they are awkward to use.

i want a better idea too, but nothing sounds like it will play nicely with Packet usage. anything that deals damage in upwards of 15 or 20 times a second will be sending that many Packets(atleast, probably more). but then, a Continuous Weapon 'needs' to deal Damage that often to feel right :s

I am no IT or programmer person, all I am is just a player that wants to enjoy the game using my favorite toys. All I know is that the changes have a huge drawback. Instead of just leaving it is, which to me seems like DE just don't care, it should be reverted back to its original form. Then figure out why the changes have such drawbacks.

It would be akin to installing bad drivers. If I install the newest video drivers and it don't work, I go back to the one that does work. Once the newest drivers are fixed then I update to the newest.

I am sorry, it just frustrating that your favorite toys have broken mechanics. Makes it hard to enjoy the game.