Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.9.2

[DE]Megan

At first I thought they were going to balance dual versions with crit and proc chance which seemed like a good idea. Now what we got is just even more disproportionate buffing to the dual pistols compared to single pistols (20% crit chance on single, 25% on akimbo)

Even the reload speed has been off for a while now. The old pistols have just straight up 2x longer reload time for akimbos. Newer ones dont have even that. Magnus reload time 2sec, Akmagnus reload time 3sec. If anything, akimbo reload speed should be a bit longer than 2x cause you're fiddling around with 2 items in your hands. Bronco seems to be the only gun that has it this way.

Can't we have tradeoff instead of straight upgrade?

Edited by Tokkobot

So people complain Akmagnums are overpowered, and DE fix it.

Then people complained that a) they changed it, and b) they made it underpowered. So, once again, DE respond to their playerbases request and make it a bit better.

Now, once again, people complain that they're overpowered again and, that they changed it again...

i.e. Playerbase makes demands and then complain they are followed, all while criticising DE for ignoring the playerbase.

I miss logic :/

I hope no one complains again...DE is showing a newer way of pleasing the community but is it the right way to do it!? hmmmm

Are you kidding me?

What is the point of single magnus now?

What is the point of single sidearms at all if the dual ones are superior in nearly every aspect?

They're not. Dual weapons are actually inferior. Half the accuracy. half the reload speed for twice the fire rate? I know which one I prefer.

Are you kidding me?

What is the point of single sidearms at all if the dual ones are superior in nearly every aspect?

one reason why I hate Akimbo (not ones that don't have a single anyway).

Lex should never have had an Akimbo. Its a magnum that should blow your shoulder out with one shot... but NOPE! we got 2.

Magnus should NEVER EVER have been Akimbo, as its style (theme, look and playfeel), does not suit being Akimbo.

Next we'll see Twin Tysis, and Duel Cestra.... it's ridiculous, even with having to make 2 guns before the akimbo!

At first I was excited to see the Akmagnus patched again. Then I saw what you actually did.

Congratulations DE, you fixed it wrong.

Now the Akmagnus has MORE crit status chance when it SHOULD NOT have it. Like Aklex has, which is also not okay.

The point was to have BOTH weapon types have the same base stats per bullet fired. Stats tied to the mechanical nature of the weapon don't magically increase or decrease in number if you simply hold two weapons of the exact same type.

Are you kidding me?

Instead of bashing on your statement or fully agreeing with it, I go the middle ground. If you talk about Aklex, Akmagnus, Akbolto and Aklato then your argument holds a lot more weight than when talking about the others. Let me use this quote to make a summary for everyone, including the developers, about the idea of akimbo pistols:

You sacrifice reload time and accuracy for clip size and fire rate - you pump out more shots which are less accurate, thus akimbo weapons SHOULD meant to be shorter ranges where you need a longer flow of damage OR more damage due to higher bullet output.

Nothing else, nothing more.

Here is the magic formula for akimbo weapons:

Damage: same

Status chance: same

Crit chance & multiplier: same

Fire rate: doubled - Don't give me crap here because of "aklato not having double fire rate because people abused it with clickmacros" and all that blah. Just don't, please. By that logic, there is no sense why Akvasto has 10 but Akbronco only 8.3, when the single variant of both just has 5. And by the same logic, Bolto has 6,8 which is 0,1 faster than Lato. But why does Akbolto have 10 when Aklato only gets 8.3 ? Now go check the Akmagnus. See? Thanks.

Clip size: doubled

Reload time: UP to double - Certain weapons can be reloaded quicker than others due to their reload nature, which is why the Akmagnus has 3.0 reload instead of 4.0 I have hard time grasping why people want even less reload times. Seriously. Ever used the Magnus? The only real way to reduce reload time on Akmagnus is by quickening the reload animation fo the Magnus itself so it goes in line. Akmagnus having 3.0 is ONLY 50% more. That is a freaking gift.

Accuracy: Reduced - Similar to reload, it doesn't quite make sense to just half the accuracy on all akimbo weapons. Since we hold a pistol in each hand instead of gripping it with both, and each pistol is of a different size, build, recoil, whatever, there are different modifiers as to where the accuracy hit happens. Everyone who has shot with different sets of real guns single handed, double handed and akimbo knows what I am talking about.

Yes I know fire rate is flawed. Yes I know some people can click faster. Yes some people use macros. Yes I know this is unfair because you have to pull TWO triggers with only a SINGLE finger.

So here is my proposition to fix Akimbo rate of fire:

Apply Duplex-Auto trigger from the Tigris to every single Akimbo pistol.

This way you can legitimately substitute two index fingers with a single one without sacrificing anything as the movement you do on your mouse button doesn't change.

Changes

- Small improvements to AkMagnus: proc chance increased to 25%, crit chance increased to 25%, crit multiplier increased to 2.

25% seems a bit excessive, it's power creep all over again. There are other weapons like the Latron Prime and the Lex that could also do with some crit chance buffing. If the magnus lacked it then surely those other weapons need being looked at as well. I hope you can bring this to the attention of the involved Devs ;)  great show btw = )