Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee D Polarity Mods

SoulStealer64

Of all the mods that we have for melee, I find it a little bit ridiculous that we only have 2 D polarity mods. Of those two, one is the status chance mod, meaning there is only really one viable mod for melee D polarities. Ice damage.

So, rather than having next to no options for mods in the defensive polarity on melee, why not move some mods that co-relate with melee to melee weapons and make them have D polarities. For example, rather than having Reflection, Parry, and Reflex Guard on warframes, why not make them on melee weapons? It makes more sense and fills the gaping void that is defensive mods for melee weapons.

I also thought of a couple of new mods that could apply here.

Mod 1 - Lifesteal

As simple as it sounds, with this mod any damage dealt by basic melee attacks will heal your warframe a percentage of the damage dealt. For example, Heals 1/2/3/4% of damage dealt by basic melee attacks when equipped. (numbers are purely speculative, i have no clue how overpowered or underpowered this would be)

Mod 2 - Bloodthirst

This mod could do one of two things. Heal you a percentage of your max health upon any melee kill, or restore a flat amount of health upon melee kill. An example being, Heals 4/8/12/16% of max health when you kill an enemy with melee, or Heals 15/30/45/60 health when you kill an enemy with melee.

Mod 3 - Planned Assualt

Essentially this mod would be bloodthirst, except for energy rather than life. Restores 2/3/4/5% of max energy upon killing an enemy with melee, or restores 10/15/20/25 energy upon killing an enemy with melee.

(Remember, all these numbers are purely demonstrative and would be subject to balancing by people who actually know what they are doing.)

Summary:

Move Reflection, Parry, and Reflex Guard to melee

Add more D polarity mods for melee

I would like to hear any other suggestions to do with mod changes or additions for the melee D polarity and give me some feedback on these ideas please.

Edited by SoulStealer64

Love it, instant +1. Could you imagine getting (percentage based) lifesteal off charged attack damage from the galatine though... That'd be ridiculous and amazing at the same time

This is why I said "basic melee attacks" not all melee attacks.

Although, it woul be hilarious :P

• 1 month later...

I like where you are going with this and I do agree that Melee needs more 'D' polarity mods. And I think that there needs to be more Health restoring mods. Outside of Trinity and Oberon's abilities there is only 2 mods that restore health; Equilibrium (which is only truly viable for Nekros and Oberon) and Rejuvanation. But we need to take another look at the Melee mods you suggested.

(I know that you were just throwing the numbers out there and were not aiming for something that was balanced, so I'll be nice)

1. Lifesteal: Sorry, but this is just too OP of a mod to have. Healing based on damage dealt from a Melee weapon would make Ash/Lok/Excalibur and even Rhino God-like. Ash/Loki can do insane damage with their Invisibility abilities and can easily dish out thousands of damage in mere seconds. Even at 1% health restored based on damage would be too much, at least for just a single mod on a melee weapon.

2. Bloodthirst (Awesome name): This is a good idea, but not at the numbers you suggested. 16% of maximum health restored on kill would mean 8 kills or less is all that is needed to get back to max health. Ash/Loki could do this in seconds. A static Health gain on kill is best and more balanced. Personally, this mod should be a 10 rank mod and maxed out it should restore 25 health on kill. This is a balanced number and getting this mod to Rank 10 will take a lot of time and will have a high Mod Drain. Making a mod this costly will only be used by serious Melee users and will make Melee more useful, even at higher levels.

3. Planned Assault: Nope, not going to happen. Way too OP no matter what numbers are used. Ash/Loki would be invincible.

I like your ideas though, just need a little tweaking on the numbers and then Bloodthirst would make my Rage Excalibur build complete.

TL:DR - Lifesteal and Planned Assault are OP. Bloodthirst works with lowered numbers