Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Ideas How To Buff Meele Without Buffing Meele

Angius

Meele 2.0 will SOON be right around the corner, so probably DE will want to revise and buff most of meele weapons.

However, how to do that without buffing them directly? here are some ideas:

1. BUFF PRESSURE POINT - Hornet Strike, Serration, all damage mods are 10's. Pressure Point has only 5 ranks, however. Make it have 5 more ranks - this way fast attacks will be much more viable. And you want to do this, bacause now pretty much only charge attacks are dealing some damage.

2. CORRUPTED SPEED MOD - I like fast attacks, I don't even need charge possibility. Make a corrupted mod, that'll give us +XX% swing speed and -XX% charge speed. Why won't we do the opposite? Because charge attacks will be as fast, as regular ones possibly. And we don't want it, since we want to buff fast attacks - the useless ones.

3. AIMING - Yes, I mean it. Aiming. Crosshair on the neck? Decapitation. Crosshair on the legs? Change Corpus Crewman into Corpus Crawler. Crosshair on the arm? Enemy is disarmed (he he, get it?). Enemies are moving a lot, their paths are chaotic, so it should be hard enough to decapitate an enemy (decapitation = instakill). If not - give us a chance for it. But I beg you, not 2.5% like you did with status! 20% at least!

Meele 2.0 will SOON be right around the corner, so probably DE will want to revise and buff most of meele weapons.

However, how to do that without buffing them directly? here are some ideas:

1. BUFF PRESSURE POINT - Hornet Strike, Serration, all damage mods are 10's. Pressure Point has only 5 ranks, however. Make it have 5 more ranks - this way fast attacks will be much more viable. And you want to do this, because now pretty much only charge attacks are dealing some damage.

You do know most players detest this kind of mods?

3. AIMING - Yes, I mean it. Aiming. Crosshair on the neck? Decapitation. Crosshair on the legs? Change Corpus Crewman into Corpus Crawler. Crosshair on the arm? Enemy is disarmed (he he, get it?). Enemies are moving a lot, their paths are chaotic, so it should be hard enough to decapitate an enemy (decapitation = instakill). If not - give us a chance for it. But I beg you, not 2.5% like you did with status! 20% at least!

Big no to this. First of all, enemies move in incredibly unpredictable ways. Trying to do something intentionally would be infuriating. As much as I love Metal Gear Rising, I don't see a point to a tactical dismemberment system in this game, and the amount of work required to get something like this to work wouldn't be worth the payout in my opinion.

I also think it's a bit counter-productive to give us insta-kill abilities because shouldn't they be encouraging us to rank up & mod our stuff rather than just run up & shank someone without working for it (stealth is fine because you need to be smart about what you're doing, and not just mash attack)? A % chance to instant kill doesn't negate the fact that it is still a chance to instantly kill. Use a high charge damage weapon, mod charge damage and speed to get those kind of results. Don't think we need instant kill status chance.

Edited by DavidSPD

1. BUFF PRESSURE POINT - Hornet Strike, Serration, all damage mods are 10's. Pressure Point has only 5 ranks(also point blank), however. Make it have 5 more ranks - this way fast attacks will be much more viable. And you want to do this, bacause now pretty much only charge attacks are dealing some damage.

mHhAEh0.gif

Agreed with everything except this. If regular melee get's a corrputed speed mod the opposite should also exist.

No, it shouldn't. To be properly balanced, regular attacks should be high-DPS/low-burst and charge attacks should be low-DPS/high-burst. Putting in a mod that grants even MORE speed to charge attacks would only serve to put them in the same place as they are now: universally better than regular attacks.

No, it shouldn't. To be properly balanced, regular attacks should be high-DPS/low-burst and charge attacks should be low-DPS/high-burst. Putting in a mod that grants even MORE speed to charge attacks would only serve to put them in the same place as they are now: universally better than regular attacks.

This exactly.

We are aiming to make fast attacks equally viable as charge attacks.

No it wouldn't, and charge attacks are not better on every weapon. 

Dual Zoren shouldn't be built for charged attacks, and the Galatine shouldn't be built for reg. attacks. Adding charged melee speed mods will not change this. The only thing that is going to change this is DE manually going through and balancing each weapon's damage and RoF. A few mod changes is not going to matter.

A mod that raises charge speed but lowers attack speed would negatively affect charged melee weapons too. How fast a charged attack is completed is dictated by its attack speed.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

No it wouldn't, and charge attacks are not better on every weapon.

Yes it would, and they are universally better. Zoren base melee damage: 13, base charge damage: 55. Base attack speed: 1.8/s, base charge speed: .35s. Maximum +speed: +60%, maximum +ch. speed: +100%. I fail to see how this isn't a problem.

Dual Zoren shouldn't be built for charged attacks, and the Galatine shouldn't be built for reg. attacks. Adding charged melee speed mods will not change this. The only thing that is going to change this is DE manually going through and balancing each weapon's damage and RoF. A few mod changes is not going to matter.

Yes, you're right, weapons like the Zoren and Fangs and all the fist/feet weapons should definitely not be built for charge attacks. But that's the optimal build for literally every weapon right now (see above maths). Melee 2.0 MIGHT solve the issue, but are you going to risk adding even more +ch.speed mods (it's already +100% between Focus Energy and Reflex Coil!) to unbalance everything?

A mod that raises charge speed but lowers attack speed would negatively affect charged melee weapons too. How fast a charged attack is completed is dictated by its attack speed.

It would have to be a very significant penalty - -100% or greater - to make up for the fact that your charge speed would be almost instantaneous when stacked on top of the other charge speed mods. Not to mention Fury covers any -speed debuff up to -60%.