Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Architects Layout The Halls And Rooms Before Building Them.

Technosonic

Hello fellow tenno and DE,

I would like to make a proposal, let the clan architects make some sort of blueprint or layout of rooms before they build.

Ok, with the recent announcement of a new lab coming and me being the lead architect of our clan, I needed to make room for it. So after much thought and waiting i decided to move them so i could make more room in the dojo for future add-ons, and not have to move them again. After starting the new lab area one of my clanmates point i out that i could have one less hallway and saved space and resources but, After this I realized  I could have did something different but it was too late, resources in the structure and plat to rush it.

Enough of my stupidity, let me break it down to clearly state my idea.

Ok, let architects place halls and rooms with the ability to walk in them like people can when a room is queued for destruction. Also let them add on to halls and rooms that have not being constructed yet, so they can set up their layout of their rooms and halls.

Next, Let all tenno or just the architects be able to move though the areas mention above, and let resources be donated, like the way destruction is queued, via the room console. Also let construction begin only when, the joined section is complete like how destruction is and let it begin automatically if all resources are donated.(the last suggestion should be toggle.) 

Finally, Let rooms not completed be removed and change like how it is now.  

Now for what this will provide for clans.

1.) A way to look at a layout before plat, resources, and time is spent building it. 

2.) A way to automatically build whole sections and not having to do it by hand. 

3.) a convenient way of constructing a dojo. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :D

Please post other suggestions or ideas and Feedback as well.

Happy hunting,

Technosonic

P.S.

Please let the oracle do something other then be a requirement and take up space.

Also change or remove the requirement of grand hall to be made before the grandest hall, my clan's dojo has a dark basement of halls and elevators because we can't delete them and they're just waste resources.(many have fallen down there Q.Q).

Basically a virtual blueprint!

DE pls.

And yes, Tech and I have discussed this before he posted this thread. I kinda have OCD and I like to have things neat and organized.

I just wanna make the dojo pretty and comfortable to make construction plans for. If this was implemented, it'd be great. :)

Much love this Idea..  I have plans for my Dojo.  But its all taking time.  Building each floor slowly to make sure its right.... the new toggle map is useful, but not for the grand total idea..  Just the room/hall I start to add..  

• 2 months later...

As the primary architect for my clan, these ideas would make my job (and Dojo editing in general) significantly easier.  Perhaps allowing the Oracle room to access a blueprint of the entire Dojo would kill two Ospreys with one stone.  We could A) get a practical function for an otherwise decorative pre-req room, and B) have a nice, convenient way to lay out future builds.  DE, please lend this some consideration for the next major update.

Regards,

Temperance000

There are programs you can get for free that you can figure out the dimensions of the rooms and do this yourself. My clan's warlord and I used one when we tore down and rebuilt our Dojo last week for the new rooms.

Edited by Xyana

• 1 month later...

I would love for this to happen in some form or way in-game.  I was one of those architects that sort of planned it out...not perfectly but just enough to make a well organized and decorated dojo.  From the sound of it, It would be safe to assume that some of you architects here have some cool looking dojos! I'd like to visit them one day or see some pics/vids of it.  :)   

You can see my quick dojo tour vid link on my profile page too. I'm just a fan of creativity and I know how tough it is to create a dojo. Instead of going unnoticed, make a video of your dojo work. Hell id watch it!