Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Anti-Corpus Weapon

darthrevan13

Question

I have a 3 forma soma build and I'm happy with it, mostly anyway. I rip through the grineer and do decent damage infested but I don't like the damage I'm doing to Corpus Techs. I would try Synapse but I don't think I'm going to like the limited range.

I was looking at the Karak and it seems pretty good for a weapon that hasn't a potato and forma. Does it have the potential to outclass the Soma for Corpus or do any of you have any other ideas?

Edited by darthrevan13

You don't need to control the status effect when you're getting 12+ procs per second. The probability of getting a viral proc and 2 bleeds in any given 1 second burst is over 80%, and over 96% in a two second burst. As for ammo, if you use ontrolled burst fire its actually fairly efficient.

These two procs (viral and bleed) are so incredibly powerful because they ignore shield, ignore armor, and are not affected by the damage reductions high level enemies get. If grakata was pure slash it would be even better.

Edited by Workaround

What? This build only has heat and magnetic? Where's the gas? Did you mean torid perhaps?

My awesomeness dose not allow me to have this mod... yet anyway, until I buy it. Then my awesomeness will allow it :D.

I showed ONE build as the Op was asking specifically for Corpus

Yeah, but DPS sucks. It's a support weapon, not  a crowd weapon.

Haven't thought about it, mind sharing a build?

I know that but I'm just focusing on Corpus, and I think there has to be something better.

Well I using my potatoed Soma on an online mission by myself against Grineer on Sedna when suddenly both Corpus and another player with weaker warframe popped in the mission.  My Soma was modded for Grineer but I had no problem shredding through the Corpus as I did crit/damage build before adding elements.  I had no problem clearing the area of Corpus to be able to rez the other player several times in the mission. I was using my Excalibur warframe.  I don't even have Split Chamber yet just a rank 7 serration mod with full crit at 75% and crit damage 6.6x.  This will be my go to gun for the tough areas as if fights both up close and personal or far away.  If I can find the other crit damage mod, Hammer Shot, my crit damage goes up to something like 8.8x.  I don't see me adding Heavy Calibur at all as I don't plan to go more than 30 minutes in Void T3 survivals and I have Trinity to help out there.

Edited by (PS4)witch3rDC52

Soooooo, you're saying a pistol is better than than a primary weapon for Corpus or that in the middle of a fight when I see a Tech I swap weapons?

I'm saying that when stuff gets in your face, and the Penta is more likely to kill you in the extremely close range, a secondary works wonders. Or a melee weapon. Specifically the Galatine. Just get yourself a galatine all spec'd for uber charging people in the face. Galatine is the Soma of Melee And in the galatine's face, yeah, it's usually more destructive to enemies when push comes to shove.

But secondaries and melee are there for a reason. It's for when your primary isn't necessarily the best choice in a situation. That's why a close range backup can be useful when you're running an Ogris or Penta.

Soooooo, you're saying a pistol is better than than a primary weapon for Corpus or that in the middle of a fight when I see a Tech I swap weapons?

That one of the pieces of advice I was given for building weapons for the Void.  Primary for crowd control and secondary to take out the Heavy Gunners and Ancients.  Secondary would have corrosion and heat on it and mine would be the Akvasto as it is good for slash damage plus a good amount of puncture and impact also. I think if modded as per the DPS website, it could up to 11k dps.  Hopefully that is enough to take out a heavy gunner using a Grogon on me.  Primary likely will have corrosion and cold.

I see a heavy gunner, swap weapons.

that does come down to loadout choice too, imo.

certain mods on a synapse will make it better vs ancients, while others make it a better infested ad killer.   but i agree about secondaries.

and if my primary is never weak (like a soma/synapse), i try and pick a secondary that excels at something the other gun doesn't really do or when i am down (no, really lol).

so if you like soma, a bronco might be a good bet with it.  or if you like shotgus try vipers.   dual vipers are a fantastic gun for when you die surrounded by a mob (hey, it happens to everyone unless you only play easy levels :P).  each clip will take out someone (maybe two on a napalm/heavy), with such a good RoF.  it makes it easier on the team if you take out all the guys who killed you while you;re waiting for them to pick you up.

I agree that the secondary should server a different purpose but changing weapons in the middle of a fight is not an option. The few seconds it takes to change them are crucial from my point of view and don't even start with the aura.

So from what I understand the best weapons for Corpus are a Penta, Synapse and a Soma in the lines of this one http://goo.gl/LQpGui