The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

This update.

First I thought " well they must be buffing his offensive abilities considerably".

No. I honestly am not seeing any difference in the damage output of Ice Wave, Avalance, or Freeze. Hell Freeze doesnt even look any different.

Frost is now a frame I wouldn't bring anywhere over level 30. Before he at least had one abilitiy that made him useful endgame. Now he has nothing.

He is an ice elemental with no ability to freeze enemies.

Enimies still instant thaw like nothing happened after Freeze, if they loose so much as a single HP.

Avalanche is an AOE Freeze, but it ends immediately, and frost is still in an animation so he can't even take any advantage of it.

Ice wave is just a pain to aim, and slowed isn't exactly frozen.

Looks like its Rhino time.

*Everyone claims Nova is OP*

*DE Nerfs Frost*

Truth be told Nova, Frost, and Rhino aren't OP. Everything else is just useless tier.

3500 health is not much when you have 10-15 people shooting at it, especially if they are level 25+

Lasts less than ten seconds on a Rhino's ironskin under full fire from Corrupted in T3 Defenses. Snowglobe is a bigger target and can't take cover.

I guess that's true. I still think that Snowglobe needed an actual downside of some sort (rather than pop-this-orb-and-have-a-100%-chance-to-defend-pod tool), but a %damage decrease probably would've been better. Those scale infinitely, and straight health values don't.

Truth be told Nova, Frost, and Rhino aren't OP. Everything else is just useless tier

Nekros be king of Useless Tier.

He can make things run away.

He can get more useless HP Orbs. (Woo 25hp)

He can summon a bunch of clowns to run around in circles and get stuck on walls for his amusment.

I guess that's true. I still think that Snowglobe needed an actual downside of some sort (rather than pop-this-orb-and-have-a-100%-chance-to-defend-pod tool), but a %damage decrease probably would've been better. Those scale infinitely, and straight health values don't.

Except that some enemies rushed into it, and others like MOAs could shoot through, so it wasn't an invincible juggernaut of a shield. It was also great for doing stuff Solo, which is what I did mostly.

Edited by Grabehn

To everyone who are saying "use X to stop enemies from firing snowglobe". Why would I need snowglobe then? The essence of it is to tank bullets! Its no better than Oberon reckoning that stops enemies from firing for a few seconds by knocking them down (for the same amount of time regardless of their level) AND do damage. Throwing Vauban Bastille everywhere would be more energy-efficient than casting multiple snowglobes.

The math just doesn't work. If it scaled properly to enemy level then there wouldn't be a problem but considering no warframe ability scales to any extent it just doesn't work.

If you think 3500 base health is enough, then you've never gone 30+ wave defense because enemies of that level cut through this thing like it's not even there. (And yes, I tested it).

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Except that some enemies rushed into it, and others like MOAs could shoot through, so it wasn't an invincible juggernaut of a shield.

Frankly, if you're letting enemies waltz through the globe and allowing them to damage the pod despite the heavy slowdown effect, then it's more a downside of the player's than the ability's. XD

But still, negating all ranged damage from outside (except explosions, I think) with absolutely nothing besides Duration to counter the skill is incredibly powerful, and frankly the reason that everyone wanted Frost in their Defense missions. It basically transformed the mission from Defense to a slightly glorified Exterminate if they took the care of not letting stuff in.

While DE's method might not have been the best way, I still think that a nerf was justified.

Truth be told Nova, Frost, and Rhino aren't OP. Everything else is just useless tier.

ahem*, Loki, Vauban, Trinity, Mag (for corpus only), Nekros (you can't finish a mission with no oxygen why don't cha, and that's farming ability, the most profit frame), Nyx, 

This. I'm sorry they're nerfing your obviously overpowered skill though.

Called it months ago, check my history.

Got QQ'd at.  Guess what?  This is DELICIOUS for me.

OM NOM NOM FROSTY TEARS! lol

Seriously though, what's wrong with DE not knowing how big their game's numbers get?

Frost has no Defense now, He is no longer a "Tank" frame

Frosts Offenssive abilities are still garabge compared to other frames.

Theres literally no reason to play him now.

He was a One Trick pony before, now he's just a dead horse. Guess I'll just go play my Rhino instead.

Have fun realizing that Rhino was inb4 Snow Globe nerf!

To everyone who are saying "use X to stop enemies from firing snowglobe". Why would I need snowglobe then? The essence of it is to tank bullets! Its no better than Oberon reckoning that stops enemies from firing for a few seconds by knocking them down (for the same amount of time regardless of their level) AND do damage. Throwing Vauban Bastille everywhere would be more energy-efficient than casting multiple snowglobes.

You can use Avalanche for that. The point is, Snow Globe is for extra protection(think how a condom can prevent pregnancy.)

Well, that's a step in the right direction. Infinite powers are always bad for a game in the long term...

But one power modification per 6 months? Rhino last year, Frost today, Trinity this summer ?

Maybe that delay is the maximum crybabies can handle...

Frankly, if you're letting enemies waltz through the globe and allowing them to damage the pod despite the heavy slowdown effect, then it's more a downside of the player's than the ability's. XD

Not really the point though, I'm talking about enemies like the Fusion MOAs that WILL rush into the globe by default to get around the protection of it, which are basically mechanics built into the AI for that very same reason.

Edited by Grabehn