Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancients Can Chase Runners And Force Them To Take Unavoidable Damage

PocketSand

So basically, Ancient are cosmic horrors. They have some of the most frustrating effects in the game and one of them, namely the Toxic one, cannot be avoided in most situations unless it is destroyed immediately. If a player doesn't run into them facefirst to avoid the chasing AI or they have a plethora of strong damage mods (particularly armor piercing and frost) then the ancient may run up to them from a distance.

If a player tries to RUN AWAY in this situation, they will die, because the ancient will stay hot on their tail and if they keep running they'll be stuck just inside its damage aura unable to escape. Players are forced to stand still and take damage in order to survive in that situation because it causes the ancient to stop chasing. At which point the ancient will just slap them again while they're prone for more unavoidable damage, but at that point the damage has already been done - through the shields.

The only winning strategy is to not be threatened by them in the first place. If they cannot be eliminated immediately or kept at a specific range, they will dash in and cause damage that cannot be avoided by ordinary means. That's rather blatantly unfair.

they are definitely vicious

but poison dmg has been nerfed recently, previous IT WAS INSANE

so if you think it's bad now... you have no idea

the infected used to be a cakewalk easy joketown faction

now they are serious threat, as they should be

pro-tip get to higher ground and learn to sidestep their tentacle arm atk (obviously keep yer distance, but not TOO far once they aggro you to avoid the charge)

Use powers to lock them down. Spending energy for an ancient is well worth it. (Especially when everyone has siphon)

Alternatively, install an ice mod into your weapon and their dash will be slowed significantly. Fire mods stagger infested.

I find that jumping over boxes or over a fence will stop them from dashing. I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that wall running does the trick too.

So yes you can get away from them reasonably easily.

Of course with Rhino I just bulk up the Iron Skin and let them have it with my charged Scinto attacks, this does stop them... LOL

Pick nyx.

Mind Control.

Poison immunity.

Win! :3

Or.

Pick Nyx.

Chaos.

Poison kills everyone in the room.

Pick off low hp Ancient.

Win! :3

But yeah, they are annoying sometimes.. but manageable. To some degree at least.

Edited by Torguish

Fire mods stagger infested.

I strongly not recommon ignite the infested atm.

They scratching their head like suffering from fire but moonwalk (bugged?) toward you in a insane speed (faster than usual).

Moreover, fire damage costs 2 more mod energy than a froze one.

I strongly not recommon ignite the infested atm.

They scratching their head like suffering from fire but moonwalk (bugged?) toward you in a insane speed (faster than usual).

Moreover, fire damage costs 2 more mod energy than a froze one.

What, really? That's hilarious! I've never seen that happen though, when I set them on fire they always seem to take a few steps back. I have an ice mod on the same weapon and so they take those steps reallll slow, usually enough to kill them.

What, really? That's hilarious! I've never seen that happen though, when I set them on fire they always seem to take a few steps back. I have an ice mod on the same weapon and so they take those steps reallll slow, usually enough to kill them.

It's happened a few times to me, but I just chalked it up to a lagged connection to the host.