Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Balance Issues

Davoodoo

Remeber, not everyone is anywhere near a max seration (and other main mods) yet. Just because a weapon is op for someone with all mods maxed doesn't mean it's op, it just means they should be using it for T3 and boss runs, not doing a mid level mission and wondering why everything is dieing so quickly.

theres also the fact that many arent nimble/awesome enough to perfectly land every shot on every moving enemy with pinpoint accuracy, if ppl can do that then they deserve the results, ppl who cant can still do just as well with the soma or similar withotu the need for perfect accuracy.

i find it hilarious that in other threads a lot of ppl want less faceroll and more reason to use "skill" in the game yet here we are with a prime weapon that aptly rewards "skill" and a ton of ppl are whining like babys about it.

Wow... a Prime weapon that required days upon days (if not weeks) to farm parts for, with tons of Orokin Cells fused in, has slightly more dps than a ready to build market weapon? The blasphemy!

Also people put too much emphasis into dps numbers. The Latron will very rarely (if ever) hit that dps number credited to it due to the recoil and the difficulty to aim/shoot at the fire rate cap. If you can line up those shots that fast... well sir, you deserve those numbers.

The Latron is now what it is meant to be months ago: a well put together battle rifle, that requires anywhere between 2 to 3 taps to off a high level heavy.

i find it hilarious that in other threads a lot of ppl want less faceroll and more reason to use "skill" in the game yet here we are with a prime weapon that aptly rewards "skill" and a ton of ppl are whining like babys about it.

Latron prime before buff (45base dmg 2.5 crit dmg) actually rewarded skill, either you did a headshot or you did no dmg at all.

As of now latron prime works more like slug shotgun than precision rifle, ofc theres nothing wrong with that, if you want high base dmg then lower crit dmg, if you want high crit dmg then base dmg shouldnt be that high. If you mix both you get semi auto rifle which does a bit less dmg than snipers, fires 3 times as fast, is nearly pinpoint accurate, got no recoil and even if you miss head you will still do considerable dmg, not to mention that 1 or 2 missed shots isnt punished at all.

Landing every shot in enemy doesnt require any skill, hitting head at distance barely requires any.

Im simply sick or arguing about balance, cause community doesnt care at all, if you want no nerfs, fine, but as soon as new wave of buffs comes out ill probably quit cause even weakest machine pistols will be able to oneshot heavy units or put simply "last piece of challenge this game offered will go to hell"

Latron prime before buff (45base dmg 2.5 crit dmg) actually rewarded skill, either you did a headshot or you did no dmg at all.

As of now latron prime works more like slug shotgun than precision rifle, ofc theres nothing wrong with that, if you want high base dmg then lower crit dmg, if you want high crit dmg then base dmg shouldnt be that high. If you mix both you get semi auto rifle which does a bit less dmg than snipers, fires 3 times as fast, is nearly pinpoint accurate, got no recoil and even if you miss head you will still do considerable dmg, not to mention that 1 or 2 missed shots isnt punished at all.

Landing every shot in enemy doesnt require any skill, hitting head at distance barely requires any.

Im simply sick or arguing about balance, cause community doesnt care at all, if you want no nerfs, fine, but as soon as new wave of buffs comes out ill probably quit cause even weakest machine pistols will be able to oneshot heavy units or put simply "last piece of challenge this game offered will go to hell"

fair reply, but people rocking with a latron/latron prime still arent going to wreck a room full of high lvl mobs faster than someone rocking with an automatic rifle, unless all the opponents just happen to be standing still with the heads poking out.

latron high dmg?  yes definatly.

latron clears a room full of mobs super fast?  no chance.

high wave defence/survival or the new interception, i find yeah great the latron prime can do some nice dmg, but it just doesnt do it fast enough when your swamped by tons of opponents, but thats fine, its good but not too good, when i want high wave with heaps of mobs coming at me, ill bring a grakata or soma or something similar and just spray the hell out of them and watch them drop with me not really caring how good my aim is, and they will drop faster than a single shot weapon user.

If you're doing a really high wave defense/survival, you'd probably have someone CCing and making it pretty easy to line up shots, though. Especially if you were doing something like a RD/Bastille combo, which turns the game into a shooting range.

yup agreed, but again the auomatics will still do the job faster either way.

OMG I just feel like insulting all you guys.

STOP screaming nerf nerf nerf, theres other ideas and concepts that change things and solve things.

So what? you guys gonna keep nerfing everything until its as bad as a grakata? thats fun... not

The game doesn't need more nerf or buffs, learn new words.

The game needs a better design that makes even bad weapons usable in some context, or a system that reward the player for using different gear.

Strong and bad weapons should have have their little place on this game.

Edited by 7grims