Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor Fandub And Other

Jowain

• 3 months later...

Tyl Regor Fandub Remake

This is just something I thought of doing with the Redesign of Tyl Regor closing in.

He's obviously not going to sound like this, as [DE]Skree does most of the VA work for Digital Extremes, which he is pretty good at, I personally feel though that there really needs to be more voice actors as even the best VA's will eventually repeat themselves at some point.

Some of the lines are of course taken directly from Tyl Regors actually in-game sentences, some are written and the whole speech about creating life is improvised.

This is a test, not a real line, as you can hear me trying out different variations and then repeating the lines again, and many times I break the "british" accent I want Regor to have.
The next half of the video are the unedited recordings, just to let people know what this actually sounds like without the effects added.

Would be handy to know what Sound editing program or settings DE is using for their voice work :/

Also; Liset radio recordings:

Edited by Jowain92

Seriously, if Tyl Regor doesn't 1) sounds like this, 2) have the "a God am I" personality I WILL BE PISSED!

Loved the "I am the last hope for the future of the Grineer -- No, scratch that, I AM THE FUTURE!", hilarious mix of seriousness and humor.

I was going to do a video with me reading all of the lines as well, but I ran into issues with the voice files and lost them, awesome to see someone take a jab at them all. Still waiting to hear them in-game.

Seriously, if Tyl Regor doesn't 1) sounds like this, 2) have the "a God am I" personality I WILL BE &!$$ED!

Loved the "I am the last hope for the future of the Grineer -- No, scratch that, I AM THE FUTURE!", hilarious mix of seriousness and humor.

I was going to do a video with me reading all of the lines as well, but I ran into issues with the voice files and lost them, awesome to see someone take a jab at them all. Still waiting to hear them in-game.

It's been a long time coming obviously, sorry to hear that you lost your files, variation is always good, then one can compare works and come up with suggestions for improvements.

I am not expecting a mail from DE asking me if they can borrow my voice, but I really hope [DE]Skree will at least take some partial inspiration on this performance and add a "british" or at least spohisticated flare to the character, as Vor, Ruk and Hek all sound like brutes to me, Regor being a scientist should sound elegant and "I am SOOO much better than you".

Let's cross our fingers that he at least has a variation on the lines "I am the future" and "a god am I" because it would fit him extremely well.

Edited by Jowain92

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the auther didn't like the direction warframe was going so he had his threads locked.

Locked? Hardly. Removed for alteration? Yes. In fact the alteration can be found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/506576-victim-of-fate/#entry5659012

In the end, given how much the name floats around, it does seem wrong to discard Zet Kuur entirely, however what you find in that link is not an audio log, nor a long bio on the character, what you will find is a story I've written, where Kuur takes the role as a main antagonist, starting chapter 3.

Yes it's a fanfiction. Is it good? Up to the reader, I'm just trying to improve my writing skills. Is there a chance the same ocurrence with Kuur overstepping his own abilities like with the whole Admiral part? Possibly, that's what I will try to avoid.

No promises this thing will last, I find myself at an urge to write and as such, write I will.

Sincere apologies for having disappointed so many of you who faithfully followed the Admiral, only to have me back down and to tear all that work to pieces, but I do admit that he... wasn't the very best as a character, which I hope to change by actually having him DO more than just walk around a bridge talking.

Check it out, read the story, give your opinions or don't, I am honestly not seeing this story or Zet Kuur going anywhere or becoming anything beyond a story in a few pages.

But hey, who said an authors life was an easy one? Take care everyone, you're all awesome and stay awesome!

P.S. Yes this is in a way self promotion, but at the same time if people did enjoy my work it's only fair that I update people on my latest works in a thread that in all honesty has died fairly well... yeah, seeing that does not make me happy at all. Own doing of course, I am sincerely ashamed of that.

Edited by Jowain92