The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 12.x - Drastic Drop In Performance

xxEvilZedxx

Hi all,

after all hotfix 12.x, I have noticed a drastic loss of performance in the game.

menus before I had between 180/260 fps now instead of 90/120 fps

when I was in the game before I could get 60/90 fps but now I have 13/40 fps

it has become impossible to play the game.

I also tried to disable all the graphics settings by reducing all values ​​to a minimum, I have seen that there is no difference on the performance of the game.

I hope you solve the problem.

Thanks.

I also have this problem. Ever since update 12.0.3/12.0.4/12.0.41, I don't know which one because I was at work, I noticed a big drop in my performance. I now stutter and suffer from lag a lot more than what I was use to before these hotfixes came into play. I had to change from high to low graphic settings yet they still make me suffer from the same performance issue. I hope this was a problem from hotfixes and could be fixed as soon as possible.

My friend wanted me to post this issue as well.  Says he's getting 10-13 fps in game now, he can barely run missions and the game is buggy and choppy.  He has all his settings on low or off.  Told him to do the defrag and verify things in the launcher, but something had to have happened for people that's affecting their performance.  He's about to quit because the game is unplayable.  Has DE even acknowledged this issue at all?

The general-purpose remedy: Disable 64-bit and DirectX 11 in the launcher, and try both with and without Multi-Threaded Rendering in the same option page. Some CPUs work well with multithreading, some hate it.

It certainly does not fix every problem, but there's a chance it may help. The alternative is waiting indefinitely for hardcore optimizations by DE, so it can't hurt to try. YMMV, of course.

Already tried every single thing in the launcher either on or off... the choppyness and stuter in gameplay is still there. Fps drop like really violently almost to full stop sometimes and in some missions. 

Already sent DE_Steve a twitt to check if he is aware of this issue since there are already a few threads reporting major fps drops, choppy and stutering gameplay. Hope he can figure out whats up.

Edited by Bazools

Yeah, tried everything on my friends computer as well, and nothing helps.  Averages about 10-15 fps when playing.  He said he's not relaunching the game until I relay a message that this issue was fixed. 

It's a shame, because he's a founder, dropped money into this game, only to have it become unplayable within a few months.  Hope we get some sort of acknowledgement soon, at least saying they are aware of the issue and something is being done to correct it. 

Yeah, tried everything on my friends computer as well, and nothing helps.  Averages about 10-15 fps when playing.  He said he's not relaunching the game until I relay a message that this issue was fixed. 

It's a shame, because he's a founder, dropped money into this game, only to have it become unplayable within a few months.  Hope we get some sort of acknowledgement soon, at least saying they are aware of the issue and something is being done to correct it. 

Yeap... my card supports DX11 but it makes even worse, multithreading being on or off is almost the same thing, plus i had to lower my resolution or else its a nightmare.

The thing that is really weird is that in the menus i'm at 60/80 when i get to a mission it can go from 50 to 15 all the time. It's not really normal. 

This happens a bit everywhere, Earth becomes tiresome to play and almost impossible to enjoy, the voids and derelicts have a lot of stutering to them too, so i can't really understand what is going on. 

Edited by Bazools

I used to run this game maxed out at 1920x1080 in DX11 at a beautiful 60 fps. I even at had increaed graphic settings with CCC on and the game still ran at 60 fps with no drops no matter what.  Now with U12 I take somepretty large frame hits, mostly on Earth (which during the last event ran perfectly) and in the void.  I posted on the U12 forum the day the update was released.  Hoping these issues are fixed soon.

same issue, its kinda annoying, I finally got a new computer and I was enjoying the 60+ fps (found out v-sync limits it) instead of 10 and now it keeps dropping to 30 for no reason.

If you keep dropping to exactly 30, check both your video card settings (Nvidia/ATI control panel) AND warframe graphics settings to make sure v sync is off. One of the updates may have reset your display settings, therefore turning v sync on automatically.

AFAIK unless you're using nvidia adaptive v sync, other forms of v sync automatically drop your frame rate to 30 if you go below 60 in order to prevent screen tearing (fps not in sync with a standard 60 hz monitor).

Same for me.

I've a GF770, and before update 12 I never saw FPS droping below 59 FPS (with vsynch), even with nekros in the house !

So I remove vsynch.

Now on earth defense for exemple, I'm at 100 at the begining and when ennemies start to arrive, I drop to 30-35.

I try defense on Mars (grineer old earth set), never drop below 100

On Jupiter (corpus) never drop below 100

I presume, it's earth which is less optimised or have lot more effects, but the performances are so low it's almost unplayable in comparison (and then, why continue playing on earth...)

Edited by Wolfoot

I'm having the most issues on Earth and the Voids. Other missions do have drops however. I noticed a drop when enemies bodies disappear with that 'poof' animation. I used to trun the game at 60 fps maxed out with no drops ever, even during the Cicero Crisis. I've posted on update forums about the issue yet no response.

It was in a different thread, but DERebecca commented and said DE is aware of the problem, some of their computers are experiencing this issue, and they are actively searching for the cause and a fix for it.  Just thought I'd mention it here.