Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime: Tissue Paper And Butterfly Farts?

Seasonsofclarity

This is a combination of feedback and questions.

I have been leveling a Mag Prime since just around U12 now (reasons to be shown).  It has been a greatly trying time.

To provide a comparison, I'll use Volt, which I leveled with around the same health, shields, and lower armor (15 compared to MP's 65).

MP's powers are primarily close range.  However, any attempt to move into close range results in near instantaneous removal of all shields, and much of the time, health.  However, similar attempts to do the same with Volt (despite the range of his powers), come out to a far different result: survival without shields being removed completely.

Bleed damage: bleed is the bane of most low health frames, but why does it always seem that MP is taking far greater bleed damage than Volt is, when Volt has lower armor?  I have watched bleed take off 200HP in two ticks on MP, but the same enemies would only max at 40HP on Volt.

To make matters worse, all of MP's abilities have cast times that leave me vulnerable for several seconds (you may think Pull is fast, until you're pulling the close enemies and the far ones are shredding you in that half second).

This leaves me with asking: what's the purpose of Mag Prime?  Target practice?  These problems have led me to forgo leveling MP in any situation that I actually have a desire to win at (Invasions, Alerts).  And if MP can't grow up and grow a thicker skin (or at least one equivalent to it's actual armor level), it'll be sold at 30 so that it's slot can be used for something more useful in the long run.

The only conclusion I can draw is that someone miss-coded MP to have 0 armor, and left the Arsenal entry at 65.

I'm in too much of a habit of slotting Flow and Streamline before I even think of Stretch.  I'll give that a shot.

Once you get a mod like Fleeting Expertise, you'll drop Flow as Mag's skills are extremely energy efficient when used properly.

I love my Mag prime. I have max energy eff + normal stretch mod and the alt helmet for reach + focus. Like this you can use your third ability as a shield (all bullets from everyone are reflected on the inside to the enemy). The reach on pull is good enough to ragdoll the enemies which lets you get close or move through. I barley touche the 4th because the long cast time. Also consider rush on mag as it will help your mobility so you can pull enemies in a way that your group benefits most. 

The trick is not to play rino style and take constant damage but to move around, evade, ragdoll etc. 

I also have a high level redirection mod on her which synergizes well with the second ability. (can recharge 75% off ~900 shield).

Third ability is about the best boss killer. just put it on and move outside the sphere. Your damage will be amplified with x3 + all enemies bullets who hit the spheres wall (both sides) get redirected on the target.