Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Every Prize From Defense Mission, Instead Of Just 1 When You Leave.

Torguish

Seriously. This doesn't make sense, right now you promote leaving instead of going through further and further. Also, it won't brake the game to earn a few more mods since and the farming would be a little easier as it is very annoying.

I mean, i've got to wave 30 and suddenly everyone left and i stayed. Because they got the mods they needed. :| That sucked.. :(

Get the rewards from every 5 waves instead of just from the one you leave. Don't promote leaving, promote playing the game. K?

The whole idea is that you're upping the stakes for a rarer mod. There's no need to get all the rewards. If you're happy with the reward, take it, if not, you take on 5 more harder waves for a better one.

You don't get it do you? ''No need to get all the rewards''. Yes there is. People would play more and you wouldn't be left alone.

In a way you are saying that there is a NEED to get only 1 reward per 5 waves. Which, by the way, you don't elablorate.

Right now people leave because of this because they get what they want. Instead of promoting tiered rewards, you get 1 MOD. Not to mention at wave 30 you might be left completely alone. I mean really, don't be ignorant. This wouldn't brake anything, this wouldn't give too many MODs or create a cash overflow. This would make defense mission worth while doing.

Not to mention the grinding is annoying as it is. Pretty much every single endless defense mode in games has tiered rewards. Not choosable. like 4 times at level 20 i've had Hellfire MOD which is cool but i'd want something else. You work for those mods you get there and you might be screwed over. Specially when the mobs are getting over level 30.

Why couldn't it be tiered? You gave a half-assed answer there. There is no reason what so ever that you'd get the one you choose.

How about this?

You get a MOD from the 5 waves. You kind of need it but not what you want really, you go further and the team stays together for the next 20 rounds and you get 4 more mods with all kinds of powers?

Edited by Torguish

You don't get it do you? ''No need to get all the rewards''. Yes there is. People would play more and you wouldn't be left alone.

In a way you are saying that there is a NEED to get only 1 reward per 5 waves. Which, by the way, you don't elablorate.

Right now people leave because of this because they get what they want. Instead of promoting tiered rewards, you get 1 MOD. Not to mention at wave 30 you might be left completely alone. I mean really, don't be ignorant. This wouldn't brake anything, this wouldn't give too many MODs or create a cash overflow. This would make defense mission worth while doing.

Not to mention the grinding is annoying as it is. Pretty much every single endless defense mode in games has tiered rewards. Not choosable. like 4 times at level 20 i've had Hellfire MOD which is cool but i'd want something else. You work for those mods you get there and you might be screwed over. Specially when the mobs are getting over level 30.

Why couldn't it be tiered? You gave a half-assed answer there. There is no reason what so ever that you'd get the one you choose.

How about this?

You get a MOD from the 5 waves. You kind of need it but not what you want really, you go further and the team stays together for the next 20 rounds and you get 4 more mods with all kinds of powers?

I get it just fine, I think it's you who is misundertanding the point of the new defence missions. If you really did get a mod every 5 waves, no one would do anything but defence missions, just like it was pre update 7. As it is now, the point of doing them isn't to get more mods than other missions allow, but to get rarer ones if you can defeat enough waves. Defence missions already still give more mods for the time spent on them than other missions, why would you want to unbalance it further? One of the things the devs wanted to do with this update was to encourage people to play a wider variety of mission types.

Starting to think people are just complaining because they don't have an obviously optimal way to farm mods anymore.

Edited by Sealgaire

I get it just fine, I think it's you who is misundertanding the point of the new defence missions. If you really did get a mod every 5 waves, no one would do anything but defence missions, just like it was pre update 7. As it is now, the point of doing them isn't to get more mods than other missions allow, but to get rarer ones if you can defeat enough waves. Defence missions already still give more mods for the time spent on them than other missions, why would you want to unbalance it further? One of the things the devs wanted to do with this update was to encourage people to play a wider variety of mission types.

Starting to think people are just complaining because they don't have an obviously optimal way to farm mods anymore.

I think it's more that people are aggrivated with the amount of grinding and farming required at all. I understand it is beta and there is only a limited amount weapons/frames, but I think if the aquisition of resources and mods was worked in to the missions more so that repeating the same missions over and over again wasn't required, it would make the experience more enjoyable for all.

WIth mods, it's annoying that (at least on higher level missions) you fight through fairly to extrememly tough waves to get a "chance" of a better reward. If anything, it should be guarenteed that the reward will be greater on the missions where success is not guarenteed.

Even now for mods no1 should do anything except defense missions for mods so... point invalid. How does is make this unbalanced, not to mention most people seem to agree with me.

And like i said, how about promoting to continue, instead of leaving? That's the most important part here. I seriously have reason to stay in the game.

I literally got a ''Hellfire'' Mod on wave 10 & 15. If you'd get mods every 5 waves, people would stick around and really test their limits. Since when you fail, it won't save anything. That's a challenge. And people like challenges.

As far as MODs go, there was NO reason for me to continue to wave 15. I'd have rank 2 Hellfire mod if i had both of those from those waves. Which would be a BETTER prize.

Edited by Torguish

More important then getting every mod during the defense missions is that the pulls at waves 10 15 20 and so on should not be completely random. Giving all the mods you have passed would be kind of bad for the reason someone said. People would just sit in defense missions. But mods from wave 20 shouldn't be worse then mods at wave 5.

Perhaps if mods from later rewards could arrive partially upgrades, or at least be better in some way. Like early mods are extremely common mods while later mods get to be more rare.

Maybe instead of just chosing to leave with the loot, you can chose one from all the mods you have seen and the others are fused into it automatically.

There are several ways to adapt the reward to make it a more enjoyable system. But currently, it seems more like you are just trying to fight harder enemies rather then get a mod. The random system that can give you less useful mods on later levels is definitely not the way it should be.

More important then getting every mod during the defense missions is that the pulls at waves 10 15 20 and so on should not be completely random. Giving all the mods you have passed would be kind of bad for the reason someone said. People would just sit in defense missions. But mods from wave 20 shouldn't be worse then mods at wave 5.

Perhaps if mods from later rewards could arrive partially upgrades, or at least be better in some way. Like early mods are extremely common mods while later mods get to be more rare.

Maybe instead of just chosing to leave with the loot, you can chose one from all the mods you have seen and the others are fused into it automatically.

There are several ways to adapt the reward to make it a more enjoyable system. But currently, it seems more like you are just trying to fight harder enemies rather then get a mod. The random system that can give you less useful mods on later levels is definitely not the way it should be.

Completely agree with this one tho.

Altho the reason for every mod is that getting specific mods is really annoying and since it's the best way leveling up mods, i think that would be awesome. And yeah, it's pretty much a way to get people to stay to see how far they can get. And with this, you can add the competitive aspect to that specific mod a lot easier.

Also remember that getting 2 not-so-rare-mods is a ''better'' and bigger prize than getting 1. So this would be an easy solution for now.

But another way would be that every 5 way the mods would also gain ranks. So instead of level 1 Hellfire you'd get level 2. Or rank 2, whatever you call it.. :D

I think that right now, this system i'm suggesting right now would be an easy fix for people leaving because of they get mods they like. After that we can think of a better solution.

Why not instead of just 1 mod reward every 5 give a choice between a couple of mods.

Say at level 5 you get only 1 choice, and if you don't like it then continue and

at end of level 10, 2 mods appear at the end and you can choose from 1 of these, if you continue to go on then

at end of level 15, you have a choice between 3 mods, if you still don't like any of your choices, continue on and

at end of level 20, you'll get 4 choices to choose from.

then maybe cap it at 5 choices.

That way we really increase the chances of us getting a mod we want from staying in a defense mission.

The devs can even take it a step further and instead of giving rank 0 mods, make it so that at level 10, all mod rewards are rank 1 instead of 0,

at level 20 all mod rewards are all rank 2, and at level 30+ all mod rewards are rank 3. This ensures that you REALLY will get a mod that is better than the previous ones.

Don't know why people are implying that there isn't a reason to farm defense for mods. You can farm them for a S#&$ ton of mods still, only now you can do it longer.

Past wave 20-25 you start getting diminishing returns in terms of how much you're time and resources you're putting into completing each wave vs the rewards. The rewards do need to be better past level 15+ because otherwise there isn't much point in playing past that.

The reward for defense missions is nothing compared to the drops in defense missions. I really don't care if every 5 waves I'm guaranteed a "rare" mod, because rarity means nothing in this game anymore. I have 2 pages of "rare" mods that are all level 1 abilities. What would be good is if bosses and higer waves of defense dropped mods that had levels on them already, *that* would make going for a higher reward worth it instead of just farming trash you can 1 hit kill for 30 mins.

The reward for defense missions is nothing compared to the drops in defense missions. I really don't care if every 5 waves I'm guaranteed a "rare" mod, because rarity means nothing in this game anymore. I have 2 pages of "rare" mods that are all level 1 abilities. What would be good is if bosses and higer waves of defense dropped mods that had levels on them already, *that* would make going for a higher reward worth it instead of just farming trash you can 1 hit kill for 30 mins.

^This. Imo the further you get into waves you should have a stuff like good mods(ie the actually sought after ones like redirect) /large credit rewards/rare mats/ large mat rewards/Warframe BPs etc.etc. start popping up. They need to make it worthwile to go into further waves. Otherwise, what's the point of wasting time killing lvl 60+ mobs?

Edited by Aggh

I agree with Op. There is no chance whatsoever making it "unbalanced" in terms of mod-loot because everytime i do ED missions i basically get at least 1 mod/wave which means that @wave 20 i have about 20 mods.

You can't say that those extra 4 mods/ammo packs(why are they even in there) are in any way threating to any kind of loot balance..at least not with a straight face.

It is called *Endless* Defense, right? Why does it promote to end the defense as soon as you get something that you might vaguely profit from?

You can already rush Raid Missions to get a 100% chance at a mod in barely any time at all. ED's shouldnt be the same.

Yeah, it's always a bit aggravating to notice "that one person" who consistently collects and leaves every 5th wave.

Then rejoins your mission and you can guess what happens at Wave 10, 15, 20....etc.

Had that happening with all three of my team mates twice in a row on one run. I just left at wave 15 at the last second on them when they all voted to claim. The rewards aren't even that great 99% of the time. If it's a banshee bp or a shield mod, I'm fine with them claiming and rejoining, but you can get 50+ mods running defense for 20 or so waves, most of the mod rewards aren't worth taking.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's always a bit aggravating to notice "that one person" who consistently collects and leaves every 5th wave.

Then rejoins your mission and you can guess what happens at Wave 10, 15, 20....etc.

That's why this is here :D The game needs this tweak, at least i feel so..