Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buyable Creds Messed Up Th Platin Prices Of Weapons

Wellwisher

So there are a couple of weapons that can be bought directly with credits. Personally i dont know why anyone would buy them for platin, but now that you can buy 60k credits for 90 platin, you can effectively buy all of them for <90 plat.

Example: Latron/Snipetron/Boar - 50k Credits,225 Platin

Edited by Wellwisher

For the same service you actually pay 110 platin, as you still have to buy a catalyst if you buy a weapon with credits, while it comes pre-equipped with one if you buy it directly via platin. This of course does not fix the issue, as buying something directly via platin still seems rather inefficient atm.

For the same service you actually pay 110 platin, as you still have to buy a catalyst if you buy a weapon with credits, while it comes pre-equipped with one if you buy it directly via platin. This of course does not fix the issue, as buying something directly via platin still seems rather inefficient atm.

True, forgot about that, but it really makes the whole buy credits for plat thing seems really poorly thought through,

True, forgot about that, but it really makes the whole buy credits for plat thing seems really poorly thought through,

I think it's actually reasonably well thought-out, the problem is that every other price is borked.

60,000 credits is approximately 3 hours of playtime, roughly pricing 1h of playtime at $2. That's reasonable (although it might be slightly high: SoE IIRC prices 1 hour of playtime at $0.4, so it might be better to double the amount of money you get).

So let's say you need to grind for 8 hours to make a Warframe, not including the Reactor (we'll tack on a +20 plat surcharge there). Thus no Warframe should cost more than 175 plat. Say you need to grind for 3 hours, on average, to make a gun. Thus the gun should cost less than 90 plat.

So on and so forth.

I think it's actually reasonably well thought-out, the problem is that every other price is borked.

60,000 credits is approximately 3 hours of playtime, roughly pricing 1h of playtime at $2. That's reasonable (although it might be slightly high: SoE IIRC prices 1 hour of playtime at $0.4, so it might be better to double the amount of money you get).

So let's say you need to grind for 8 hours to make a Warframe, not including the Reactor (we'll tack on a +20 plat surcharge there). Thus no Warframe should cost more than 175 plat. Say you need to grind for 3 hours, on average, to make a gun. Thus the gun should cost less than 90 plat.

So on and so forth.

Well thats one way to see it, but in either case they introduced some inconsistencies into the Market that wont be making a particularly good impression on new players or veterans.

I'm quite sure platinum is mainly to be used as a 'thank you for creating such a wonderful game and making it free to play, so take my money and do wonders with it'. Pricing is fine for now. Besides, if they change it they'll get a million "WHY U LOWER PRICE AFTER I BUY FOR ___ PLATS?!?! DF?!?!" posts and support tickets. They've already had this issue with a 1 credit color pallet. "I BUY CLASSIC AND U DO 1 CR SATURATED?!?! DF?!?!" Perception people... perception. If its THAT much of a problem, dont support and just enjoy the free to play features and qualities of the game, they are nearly endless.

I'm quite sure platinum is mainly to be used as a 'thank you for creating such a wonderful game and making it free to play, so take my money and do wonders with it'. Pricing is fine for now. Besides, if they change it they'll get a million "WHY U LOWER PRICE AFTER I BUY FOR ___ PLATS?!?! DF?!?!" posts and support tickets. They've already had this issue with a 1 credit color pallet. "I BUY CLASSIC AND U DO 1 CR SATURATED?!?! DF?!?!" Perception people... perception. If its THAT much of a problem, dont support and just enjoy the free to play features and qualities of the game, they are nearly endless.

Sunk cost fallacy. Just because a price drop create temporary inconvenience handling support tickets (note: if you do so and refund people platinum, this builds goodwill, which is good for a company) doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

And no, platinum is meant to be a monetization of the game. A two-tier pricing system that doesn't actually work isn't exactly a good method of monetization. I am hoping the plat-for-credits options in the shop imply they may well be doing a massive general cost reduction in equipment in general so that it might actually be worth blowing some platinum on a weapon instead of just waiting for it to finish building.

And maybe make 2 Warframes not cost almost as much as a full-price videogame?

Edited by MJ12