Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dem Daggers

MechaTails

You know how sometimes you write something and then you get bored with your own crap halfway through? This is one of those times, but I figured I'd post it anyway to justify wasting the few minutes typing it up lol.

The idea is that the charge attacks on melee weapons should do something unique for each weapon, instead of the same boring "harder hit" they all do now. Something to give them personality.

Let's take a look at Daggers and how we could modify them since they seem kinda "meh".

----------

-Because they're small, Daggers can be flicked around to quickly to rack up the damage. This means they have innate fast attack speed.

-Can only injure one enemy at a time.

-The small size doesn't let them stagger/stun enemies however, no fancy AOE damage with jump attacks.

-However, jump attacks deal more damage and do have a small chance to stun/ragdoll the enemy because you're putting all your power on the weapon (or whatever lol).

-They can also be used with precision, which roughly translates into a high chance of inflicting a critical hit, because of your mad skillz.

-They deal less damage than the other weapons, so to make them attractive they'll be useful as utility weapons. They have very high chances to trigger procs/effects, for example.

-Charge attacks have a special effect.

---------

Heat Dagger
This stout dagger is designed to pierce, and it has some kind of funky fire powers. We don't have to change it much:

-High Puncture damage, some Impact
-Every attack deals some additional fire damage
-Jump attack: Deals additional Impact damage
-Charge attack: Charge attack releases a blast of flame, deals fire damage only, high chance to ignite enemies. (simply moved the current jump attack's effect to this)

---------

Ceramic Dagger
Ceramic knives are incredibly sharp but also kinda brittle, at least compared to steel of course. Based on that, let's give the Ceramic Dagger these properties:

-Incredible Slash damage (no other type of damage is dealt)
-Always inflicts Bleed effect
-No damage against armor (it would just break anyway)
-Jump Attack: Always deals a critical hit
-Charge Effect: Since it's a generic sharp blade, let's say the charge attack has an even higher chance of causing a critical hit.

--------

Dark Dagger
It's awfully generic. Why is it called a "dark" dagger? Maybe it comes from the makers of those corrupted mods lol.

-Deals Slash and Puncture damage (just look at that thing lol)
-Boosts Power Strength but reduces Health. Whatever. I got bored already lol

--------

Anyway, TL;DR

-Give melee weapons interesting effects on their charge attacks or I'll wipe out another Corpus settlement out of spite. :3

Edited by DarkTails

I like these ideas. I also had the idea myself (haven't posted it yet) of DE maybe adding "ability mods" for melee weapons, that alter the charge attacks. There would be different ones, only usable by certain weapon types, etc. like a mod that makes your heavy weapon charge attack a "spin to win" move, like you do a spinning attack while moving slowly for about 5 seconds straight, causing things to be knocked down or ragdoll etc. also another one for heavy weapons that would change your charge attack into a stationary overhead ground slam, that creates a cone AoE explosion/burst in front of you, knocking things down or staggering things with lots of damage etc.

longswords could have ones like creating a vacuum slice, cutting the air creating a projectile out of your charge attack like a short range glaive that only hits whats in it's way. or you could have longsword ones that change your charge attack into a flury of blows, dealing less damage but utilizing your weapons attack speed and giving more chances to proc crits on crit/charge builds like Galatine etc.

Daggers could have a "thrown dagger charge attack" or "flurry of stabs" kind of thing, like unto the long sword one. there are plenty of other kinds of alternate charge attacks they could do, but having a mod that could essentially change how you use a melee weapon, may greatly increase the viability of melee in general. of course, they might have to add some ability mods for weapons that change the normal swings too, like "every swing a vacuum slash" for you longswords, giving it much greater range and AoE properties, and have it stack with things like Reach etc, allowing you to have much more freedom and control over how your melee weapons work. If so, fist weapons need something that makes spamming normal attacks much easier, and fun to do, like making you lunge with your punches, so using your fists literally makes you leap from enemy to enemy as you kill them kind of thing.

(also a cool fist weapon one would by a multi hit ground pound that sends out shockwaves, or a cool combo of punches, or a throw for the charge hit, etc.)

but yeah, I like your ideas too.

Edited by Temphis

You know how sometimes you write something and then you get bored with your own crap halfway through? This is one of those times, but I figured I'd post it anyway to justify wasting the few minutes typing it up lol.

The idea is that the charge attacks on melee weapons should do something unique for each weapon, instead of the same boring "harder hit" they all do now. Something to give them personality.

Let's take a look at Daggers and how we could modify them since they seem kinda "meh".

----------

-Because they're small, Daggers can be flicked around to quickly to rack up the damage. This means they have innate fast attack speed.

-Can only injure one enemy at a time.

-The small size doesn't let them stagger/stun enemies however, no fancy AOE damage with jump attacks.

-However, jump attacks deal more damage and do have a small chance to stun/ragdoll the enemy because you're putting all your power on the weapon (or whatever lol).

-They can also be used with precision, which roughly translates into a high chance of inflicting a critical hit, because of your mad skillz.

-They deal less damage than the other weapons, so to make them attractive they'll be useful as utility weapons. They have very high chances to trigger procs/effects, for example.

-Charge attacks have a special effect.

---------

Heat Dagger

This stout dagger is designed to pierce, and it has some kind of funky fire powers. We don't have to change it much:

-High Puncture damage, some Impact

-Every attack deals some additional fire damage

-Jump attack: Deals additional Impact damage

-Charge attack: Charge attack releases a blast of flame, deals fire damage only, high chance to ignite enemies. (simply moved the current jump attack's effect to this)

---------

Ceramic Dagger

Ceramic knives are incredibly sharp but also kinda brittle, at least compared to steel of course. Based on that, let's give the Ceramic Dagger these properties:

-Incredible Slash damage (no other type of damage is dealt)

-Always inflicts Bleed effect

-No damage against armor (it would just break anyway)

-Jump Attack: Always deals a critical hit

-Charge Effect: Since it's a generic sharp blade, let's say the charge attack has an even higher chance of causing a critical hit.

--------

Dark Dagger

It's awfully generic. Why is it called a "dark" dagger? Maybe it comes from the makers of those corrupted mods lol.

-Deals Slash and Puncture damage (just look at that thing lol)

-Boosts Power Strength but reduces Health. Whatever. I got bored already lol

--------

Anyway, TL;DR

-Give melee weapons interesting effects on their charge attacks or I'll wipe out another Corpus settlement out of spite. :3

Umm... Dark Dagger is made from a dark metal or so with special properties as far as I remember and corrupted mods were not made, they were mutilated to be like that, they were originally only the positive or smaller positive effect possessing mods that were mutilated and altered to be the corrupted mods we now know today. What comes to Heat Dagger, I kind of disagree because it is a part of the sword combonation so instead of it being alternative from the dual version representive, give it higher melee swing speed, charge time and critical attributes, this actually makes sense.

The other ones are fine except for the fact that Dark Sword and Dark Dagger have nothing to do with the corrupted mods but something unique to them and other too generic weapons would be welcome.

Edited by BETAOPTICS