Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I personaly think it should sound a bit younger, with maybe a scratchy sounding voice. Thats just my opinion.

This ^ . 

But we never know what could happen to your voice when you're something/someone like Typhus.

For some reason, I imagine Typhus being mute.

Not only because of the whole sensory-input lore, but I reckon because I've also always had a thing for the silent-"imposing" types - by which I don't mean the "moody in the corner with the occasional outburst" trope, but more along the lines of someone who either has no need for verbal communication, or no ability.

And had been wondering about your name as well, Senketsu_ ;P

Typhus being mute would make a lot of sense.

Edited by (PS4)korm-2_0

For some reason, I imagine Typhus being mute.

Not only because of the whole sensory-input lore, but I reckon because I've also always had a thing for the silent-"imposing" types - by which I don't mean the "moody in the corner with the occasional outburst" trope, but more along the lines of someone who either has no need for verbal communication, or no ability.

And had been wondering about your name as well, Senketsu_ ;P

see i see him with either a younger scratchy voice or mute either would make him badass.

and ... whatever could you mean ;3

-le sigh-

Why can't everyone just be happy with something the way it is? Why must they feel like their "Improvements" are so much better than what the original conceptor can come up with?

Seriously, we get everyone has their own vision for something, but good god, don't act like you know better than, y'know, the person who came up with the original concept...

I'm sorry if it came across as "knowing better" - that wasn't my intention, nor do I think it was anyone elses.
As you said, we all have our own vision or interpretation of something, sharing those with the creator and each other is not the same as attempting to usurpe his creation, or a way of telling him "this would be better"; it's fans being fans.

Just like any creator has an idea for their main character, in what ever piece of fiction they write or draw, their fans will have their own interpretations, and will want to share them with the creator. By that, I do not think the vast majority of X-Men fans think or want to take over Stan Lee's concept, it's more akin to their enthusiasm manifesting; it's a compliment.

Edit: I really need to stop whoring forums late at night, I misunderstand things too easily.

*runs and hides in his cave*

Edited by Santiak

I'm sorry if it came across as "knowing better" - that wasn't my intention, nor do I think it was anyone elses.

As you said, we all have our own vision or interpretation of something, sharing those with the creator and each other is not the same as attempting to usurpe his creation, or a way of telling him "this would be better"; it's fans being fans.

Just like any creator has an idea for their main character, in what ever piece of fiction they write or draw, their fans will have their own interpretations, and will want to share them with the creator. By that, I do not think the vast majority of X-Men fans think or want to take over Stan Lee's concept, it's more akin to their enthusiasm manifesting; it's a compliment.

I thought I had made it clear - and that we both understood - that my participation in this thread was meant as nothing but a show of my enthusiasm for the work Red and you have done. I am sorry that it comes across as some juvenile attempt at usurping or controlling the creative process, because nothing could be farther from the truth.

It has, I feel, gotten to the point, that I'd really just rather not participate - because it feels akin to wanting to share some food with a dog you love (and that metaphor isn't to be mistaken as derogatory), but constantly having to be afraid that the dog you want to show nothing but affection for, will misinterpret and bite your hand.

Best of luck with your concept - and I do look forward to your fan-fiction. :)

No, you misunderstood, if you want him to be a mute then I shouldn't make it. It's an audio fan fiction as which to me he needs a voice. If you guys want him to be a mute then it's a moot point to finish it. I want him to have a bolstering voice to fit the character. If you want him to be a mute character, then this would turn into a fan comic not an audio fan fiction. Thus it would be more a fan-comic to visualized action rather than speech.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I wasnt trying to tell you that your fan-fiction was bad in any way, I was just giving contructive critisism based off of my opinion thats all, I was in no way attempting to say that your choices were bad, I was just throwing an idea around.

edit: just read the last comment. lol that makes sence, You could make him mute but have him narrating his adventures with his voice in his head that only he hears, just throwing that possibility out there.

Edited by Senketsu_

I wasnt trying to tell you that your fan-fiction was bad in any way, I was just giving contructive critisism based off of my opinion thats all, I was in no way attempting to say that your choices were bad, I was just throwing an idea around.

That's good, and it's cool and all, but think more toward the atmosphere we're trying to get here. Not only that, but we have no idea how old the Tenno really are, or what level of vocal modification they've undergone. Thus, having a deep, raspy voice makes the atmosphere darker and heavier. Ya' dig the vibes I'm throwin' down?

No, you misunderstood, if you want him to be a mute then I shouldn't make it. It's an audio fan fiction as which to me he needs a voice. If you guys want him to be a mute then it's a moot point to finish it. I want him to have a bolstering voice to fit the character. If you want him to be a mute character, then this would turn into a fan comic not an audio fan fiction. Thus it would be more a fan-comic to visualized action rather than speech.

Then we have another case of mutual misunderstandings. :)

My intent wasn't to say "He should be mute", or even that "I want him to be mute".

I'm very much intruiged by how you envision his voice to be, what he'd say, how he'd say it, and so on.

By all that's holy don't listen to my brain-farts. I never meant to say "He should be mute!", or "that's the only way it can work!". I love your ideas, I'm looking forward to the further evolution of your concept - by you - and the fan-fiction with bated breath, and you envisioning of his voice.

My only intent - if any - by making a comment about him being mute in my mind, was to say "Gaah, I love your concept. Let me share my ideas as a an attempt to show my affection for it!" - but i never intended to say "Change it to this!". :)

Edit:

That's good, and it's cool and all, but think more toward the atmosphere we're trying to get here. Not only that, but we have no idea how old the Tenno really are, or what level of vocal modification they've undergone. Thus, having a deep, raspy voice makes the atmosphere darker and heavier. Ya' dig the vibes I'm throwin' down?

I get dem vibes, I truly do.

I never meant to put a dampener on them, and I am truly sorry that was how it was percieved.

I think the deep raspy voice is a great and fitting idea - saying otherwise was never my intent.

As I said in my post: "I reckon because I've also always had a thing for the silent-"imposing" types" - in other words, it was purely my own personal preference for a certain stereotype that primarily dominated my own views. Not a notion of how the concept could be made better - I would never dream of being able to make another persons concept better.

Edited by Santiak

There was what it looked like some water waves and an ember in livestream #25. It has brought up some curiosity if the next warframe will be a water frame. If it will be then DE have lost their mind, unless it's more well thought and more epic than Typhus.

I don't mean to be rude but this is slightly similar to saryn and if implemented why would anyone use saryn because this is so much better in everyway.

How is this anything like Saryn? Also, nice quad-post. Also, Ash is slightly similar to Loki, Excalibur is slightly similar to Nyx, and Frost is slightly similar to Ember. If we're only going off something being "slightly" like something else, most frames are "slightly" similar to at least one other frame.

I don't mean to be rude but this is slightly similar to saryn and if implemented why would anyone use saryn because this is so much better in everyway.

Okay, please explain how it's similar to Saryn, considering Saryn is a toxic-based Warframe that specializes in toxic gases and improving her weapons with poison.  Typhus is a leech.  He steals "energy" from enemies and utilizes their strengths by sacrificing his own health.

It's like comparing a potato to a apple.

Edited by RedSkittlez