Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Personally, I won't ever want to use this warframe myself, it's just too creepy.  I don't mind it being in game, however.  Overall a very well thought-out idea, and you truly have artistic talent, which I must say I envy.

Edited by Evariskitsune

It's people like you Redskittlez and my buddy Phenocyde that make me wish I had artistic talent with a pen and paper rather than metal/wood work.

Hey, be proud of those skills. Pen and paper are nice but metal and wood bring those concepts to life in the real world.

Guess I'm part of the minority, then, oh well. ._.

My main reason for suggesting it was because I feel like the image of a male samurai is so common a female one would be a nice twist to the whole "space ninja" genre we've got going here.

It's already a parasite samurai.  It doesn't need to be less common.

Hey, be proud of those skills. Pen and paper are nice but metal and wood bring those concepts to life in the real world.

Why thank you kind sir :D. On another note though I do believe it is easier to "breathe life" into a sketch/drawing and harder to do so in metal or wood. In which case I may need to refine my Clay molding skills maybe then I can get something close to a drawing such as that from RedSkittlez in a 3 dimensional form.

Also Redskittlez I love your design, I didn't say that in my first post, but dang man you have a very firm grasp of the motif of this frame and haven't strayed so far from that as to compromise it and I think that is something a lot of people tend to take for granted and get away from. Incredibly solid design concept and I'm rooting for you 100% I really hope this comes to fruition and I know I'm not the only one who hopes this. Keep up the mind-blowing work.

I feel the same way. >.>

Also just wanted to add that, imo the original concept looks a tab bit better to me than the whole samurai theme.

Well, the only thing that has changed was the helmet. The initial concept never changed, just the design of the helmet has. I also trimmed down the battle skirt, made him/her a tad slimmer overall but the armor is the same. The helmet design has had several changes but the initial concept is still there in its entirety.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I personally wouldn't mind if it became an "女武芸者" (Onna-bugeisha) frame. If we're determined to work off of historical facts, in order to decide the feasibility of designs, there really isn't all that much to prevent a frame from being a "female samurai" (althought that's a bit of a misnomer), because there certainly existed female warriors who fought alongside their samurai husbands/fathers/whatnot - with reports dating as far back as the Heian period.

I guess if one would want to design it to be close to those notions, the only thing needed to connect it even further with the historical facts, would be that the frame would have to have a Naginata as the accompanying weapon on release. But then again, I'm biased towards such a weapon. ;P

Edited by Santiak

Well, the only thing that has changed was the helmet. The initial concept never changed, just the design of the helmet has. I also trimmed down the battle skirt, made him/her a tad slimmer overall but the armor is the same. The helmet design has had several changes but the initial concept is still there in its entirety.

I think when people see the word samurai. they instantly think of anime, which translates to alot of people as childish.

I personally wouldn't mind if it became an "女武芸者" (Onna-bugeisha) frame. If we're determined to work off of historical facts, in order to decide the feasibility of designs, there really isn't all that much to prevent a frame from being a "female samurai" (althought that's a bit of a misnomer), because there certainly existed female warriors who fought alongside their samurai husbands/fathers/whatnot - with reports dating as far back as the Heian period.

I guess if one would want to design it to be close to those notions, the only thing needed to connect it even further with the historical facts, would be that the frame would have to have a Naginata as the accompanying weapon on release. But then again, I'm biased towards such a weapon. ;P

why dont you like the Naginata?!? I love that weapon its like a halberd but japanese! :3

no he was implying he likes the naganita, as do I.

I feel as though it would be awesome to have both the female and male versions make it into the game (kinda like sibling/twins/couple) one with the nikana and the other with the naganita

Hehe, indeed - I meant I like the weapon.
Afraid I'm not familiar with most of the characters (historical figures?) you mention. :)

But the notion of female warriors is not in the slightest a novel one, as is evident by, for example, Tomoe Gozen - regardless of whether or not her appearence in the Story of Heiki is fictional, or based on a real figure. :)

While we're on the subject, looking up the characters you mention yields some very.. modern.. interpretations of female warriors (<insert popular trope about how so little armour can adequately protect someone in combat>). I personally prefer it when female characters wear somewhat more realistic armour - for example, try looking at some of woodblock prints that come up when searching for "Tomoe Gozen".

Hehe, indeed - I meant I like the weapon.

Afraid I'm not familiar with most of the characters (historical figures?) you mention. :)

But the notion of female warriors is not in the slightest a novel one, as is evident by, for example, Tomoe Gozen - regardless of whether or not her appearence in the Story of Heiki is fictional, or based on a real figure. :)

While we're on the subject, looking up the characters you mention yields some very.. modern.. interpretations of female warriors (<insert popular trope about how so little armour can adequately protect someone in combat>). I personally prefer it when female characters wear somewhat more realistic armour - for example, try looking at some of woodblock prints that come up when searching for "Tomoe Gozen".

I would still want the male version first. I like playing male characters because I like putting a part of my personality into my characters, which I cant do that much when its a female. So while im not opposed to haveing both a male and female, I would want the male first.

lol and while im on the subject of frames that go with each other is a style sense. I have though of making my own Warframe concept that would incorporate an Japanese dancer/gaisha who falls into a stealthy assassin role kind of like Ash but female and a different kind of stealth.