Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

After looking over his powers I feel that instead of using energy he should use his health because it seems that all of his abilities except for his first would do some form of damage to himself to perform.

Well, clearly you haven't read it, because only one of his abilities really causes damage to himself. Beyond that, his other abilities are to offset the effects of that particular power. For example, why would he use Cannibalize Armour, which boosts his health, at the cost of his health? This power would become redundant. Same with Cataclysm, its sharp, cutting tendrils coming from the ground to impale and absorb enemies so that Typhus can heal himself in combat. These powers are to offset the whole "Blood boiling to the point of outright exploding out of the Warframe to drench enemies and anything else that has the misfortune to be standing nearby with boiling, acidic/viral gore." which would obviously consume an amount of health, as well as energy. Which is actually listed in the mechanics of the power; the more Health used, the more damage put out.

You also have to remember that Warframes themselves take Void Energy and convert it to matter (Or Anti-Matter, in the case of Nova). How else could you explain Hydroid's abilities? How else could you explain Frost's Abilities? From a lore standpoint, it simply does not make sense for a Warframe to use its Health over the more readily available Void Energy.

If Father Time allow, and I actually piece together a decent model of Typhus, I can do a in-game montage to try get the feel of what it will look like.

Its for illustrative purposes only, to show how his helmet fits together. Remember that he takes parts from his enemies and absorbs them into his Armour, sort of assimilating the two different looks and styles together.

Going off that, one could assume that would be how he got this ancient "Skull-Like" helmet under his actual "Samurai-Themed" Helmet.

Well, clearly you haven't read it, because only one of his abilities really causes damage to himself. Beyond that, his other abilities are to offset the effects of that particular power. For example, why would he use Cannibalize Armour, which boosts his health, at the cost of his health? This power would become redundant. Same with Cataclysm, its sharp, cutting tendrils coming from the ground to impale and absorb enemies so that Typhus can heal himself in combat. These powers are to offset the whole "Blood boiling to the point of outright exploding out of the Warframe to drench enemies and anything else that has the misfortune to be standing nearby with boiling, acidic/viral gore." which would obviously consume an amount of health, as well as energy. Which is actually listed in the mechanics of the power; the more Health used, the more damage put out.

You also have to remember that Warframes themselves take Void Energy and convert it to matter (Or Anti-Matter, in the case of Nova). How else could you explain Hydroid's abilities? How else could you explain Frost's Abilities? From a lore standpoint, it simply does not make sense for a Warframe to use its Health over the more readily available Void Energy.

What i meant was something like Dr. Mundo from Lol where there is an immediate health cost but the player is rewarded by getting health back a couple of seconds later. I was just stating the first thoughts I had. He is a parasite so I thought to access the abilities\powers provided by the parasite he should give something even if he gets it back quickly in this case health.

Also in regard to the lore... what lore? There isn't much to go off of yet. XD

Edited by UnflinchingResolve

What i meant was something like Dr. Mundo from Lol where there is an immediate health cost but the player is rewarded by getting health back a couple of seconds later. I was just stating the first thoughts I had. He is a parasite so I thought to access the abilities\powers provided by the parasite he should give something even if he gets it back quickly in this case health.

Firstly: I've no problems with opinions. It's just that, in my opinion, way to many Infested/Viral/Parasitic/Fungal-or-what-have-you Warframe concepts are all "Check this Sh*t! Instead of energy, this Warframe uses it's health! HOW EDGY AND UNIQUE! AMIRITE!?" and that kind of pisses me off...

But in regard to lore... Nothing was ever mentioned about Lore... it's gameplay mechanics based on what we see from the Warframes in-game. Once you can explain away Radial Javelin, Molecular Prime, Tentacle Swarm, Avalanche, Iron Skin, Rhino Stomp (There is no such thing as physical force powerful enough TO STOP TIME. PHYSICS AND TIME DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.), or any other Warframe ability. Maybe then I'll believe you. Until then, all we can go on is what we can see, and what little we do have; Occam's Razor, mate. Its simple sh*t.

What I read is that you're comparing my abilities to a character from another game, which you never mentioned in your first post; I'm not a mind-reader, sorry... and secondly; when did I ever mention or talk about Lore? We're talking about mechanics and in-game stuff. Is it because I mentioned Void Energy? Have you read Ember and Excalibur's codex entries? Basically, in summation, children were put on a military ship and sent into the void, when they came out, they had weird powers. The Orokin built Warframes to channel and control these powers.

You know how our abilities take energy? Well what kind of energy would that be? How is that energy turned into something physical? Based on what we know, the energy inherent in the void has a corrupting influence on "Real-Space" and does strange things to physical objects. Thus, one could infer that Warframes utilize Void Energy in their powers.

Hey Red, just curious about something. What's with the different segments of armor being removable in the concept art? Just building up some extra details, planning the armor to be cosmetic accessories, or are you going to use the slimmer version of him without the helmet or shoulder pauldrons as a skin?

By the way still love the concept, DE you don't put this in.... well you've missed a wonderful chance at making a profit.

Hey Red, just curious about something. What's with the different segments of armor being removable in the concept art? Just building up some extra details, planning the armor to be cosmetic accessories, or are you going to use the slimmer version of him without the helmet or shoulder pauldrons as a skin?

By the way still love the concept, DE you don't put this in.... well you've missed a wonderful chance at making a profit.

See here: 

V

V

V

Its for illustrative purposes only, to show how his helmet fits together. Remember that he takes parts from his enemies and absorbs them into his Armour, sort of assimilating the two different looks and styles together.

Going off that, one could assume that would be how he got this ancient "Skull-Like" helmet under his actual "Samurai-Themed" Helmet.

See here: 

V

V

V

thanks, must have missed that post while reading.