Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassinating Players

Qynchou

Assassination missions for players that have been hunting bosses. Anyone can take one up, can only take up the mission to a specific conclave for each weapon (no conclave abuse, no 1200 conclave people 1 shotting everyone else, no people with a single maxed weapon abusing conclave status).

These missions could be the same as invasion ones but more personal, parttaking either in grineer/infested/corpus, avenging boss deaths like the stalker.

When you load in game you have a custom skin (grey/black/red colors set up automatically with a dark smoke effect). You cannot use any items(ammo/health restore) and your shields dont recover, auras dont work, you have X set starting energy and cannot gain any more.

Disabled powers: invisibility, iron skin, vortex, bastille field, hysteria, well of life/etc (invunerability/long disable powers).

Problem: thousands of players playing, maybe thousands will want to do this, not enough people killing bosses.

Solution: these are rare personal evil offer events from the faction bosses and pop up and stay for a short time. When theres a player thats marked anyone in the game (but the player itself ofcourse) may get the alert.

Lastly like I mentioned before conclave should be set to a limit. So for example if a player whose conclave is 500 is marked, you cannot have over 500 conclave yourself (in addition to some disabled powers, no ammo/health/energy restore).

If you kill a player you may/may not get an award from the faction boss (up to devs). If a player kills you, you dont lose anything but the player gains either stalker drops from you or bonus exp/etc.

Just a fun idea that I had that will not be implemented, heh.

Edited by Qynchou

<snip>

Search for "Invasion", "Playing Stalker" and other such similar keywords.

This idea isn't new, has been proposed SEVERAL dozens of times (not kidding) and each time was shutdown for 2 main reasons :

1) The devs said they won't incorporate a Dark Soul-style invasion system to the game;

2) The playerbase has been (rightfully) adamant in keeping PvE and PvP entirely separate from each other.

Want to assassinate other players? Tint your warframe black then go into the conclaves.

Just a fun idea that I had that will not be implemented, heh.

Then why bother posting about it? Saying so assumes you knew it was posted before and shut down anyway.

Search for "Invasion", "Playing Stalker" and other such similar keywords.

This idea isn't new, has been proposed SEVERAL dozens of times (not kidding) and each time was shutdown for 2 main reasons :

1) The devs said they won't incorporate a Dark Soul-style invasion system to the game;

2) The playerbase has been (rightfully) adamant in keeping PvE and PvP entirely separate from each other.

Want to assassinate other players? Tint your warframe black then go into the conclaves.

Then why bother posting about it? Saying so assumes you knew it was posted before and shut down anyway.

There is no need to be upset, its ok, calm down.

There is no need to be upset, its ok, calm down.

I'm not upset; merely saying you could have saved yourself a lot of time doing a simple forum search for a similar topic and notice how similar responses against it were given.

Edited by Wiegraf

I would be fine with this, if, and only IF players have to OPT IN to get invaded by other players.

Many of us simply don't want to pvp in this game

Give me the option to opt out and I still won't like it.

I won't complain about it, but I won't like it.

In my experience, PvP draws out the absolute worst in people.  Starting with the derogatory 'carebear' moniker PvP aficionados apply to any who don't like/won't play PvP.

Rule #1: You don't force PvP on players in your games; it NEVER works.

Rule #2: Obey #1.

Rule 1# When replyin to a forum thread it is wise to read the OP first.

Rule 2# There is no rule 2 cause rule 1 is mandatory making any replies without following Rule #1 sound like nonsense.

OBS! As I read it the whole point was that you had to opt in for anyone else to be able to invade your game and kill you... no force involved. 

Rule 1# When replyin to a forum thread it is wise to read the OP first.

Rule 2# There is no rule 2 cause rule 1 is mandatory making any replies without following Rule #1 sound like nonsense.

OBS! As I read it the whole point was that you had to opt in for anyone else to be able to invade your game and kill you... no force involved. 

OP said: "When theres a player thats marked anyone in the game (but the player itself ofcourse) may get the alert."

OP never defined what a mark was i.e. if players could choose to be marked for this type of mission. Unless I'm mistaken and you'd care to quote the sentence where this is specified?