Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Are.. Dissapointing

adaroe

I can't be the only one who found the bosses to be unexhilerating can I?

There we're really only three bosses I found exciting; vor (the first one), Jackel (the corpus proxy), and the Golem.

In fact most most were just glorified standard units at best. Worst of all were the hyena, and the boss from war on mars.

Even the bosses I found to be mildly exciting could've used improvement. Lets take jackel as an example.

The system where you had to target his legs to bring him down was cool, but he had very little mobility. The way he moved in that slow trod of his made it easy to get behind those poles and take him out with ease (more of a grind really) IMO the ground should have gone all the way to the walls to let him go around. As well as the jackel being more mobile. The other problem is that those guns of his really didn't do much. The only ways you could get killed were the osprey bombs(so annoying) and the missiles (even more annoying) both killed you so randomly. Instead of bomb osprey shield osprey should have shielded the boss. The missiles should've gone up floated around a sec pointed a marker toward the ground and then jetted at thet marker doing 125 damage each or so. and the stomp should been limited to once ever 3 seconds or so. It was rediculous to see it stomp 4-5 times in a row

On to the hyena, this actually made me rofl it was a tiny version of the jackel without the shields and without the leg system It was basically a standard enemy version it didn't even have the stomp. the only saving grace was that it had mags shield.

Point being the bosses could really use some work. does anyone else have any suggestions on bosses they'd like to see instead of what we have?

My largest problem with the bosses is that almost all of them are uninventive bullet sponges that just do high damage, with nothing really differentiating them from normal enemies besides that. Making a boss difficult just because they can soak up a crap ton of damage and instagib you is pretty boring and doesn't make for entertaining fights.

I don't see what's more important than bosses, enemies, and responsiveness of gameplay.

The pax on which de is at the moment. and cant you guys just be happy with update 7 for more than a week.....

There are tons of new content and people complain about the actual bosses. *facepalm*

The pax on which de is at the moment. and cant you guys just be happy with update 7 for more than a week.....

There are tons of new content and people complain about the actual bosses. *facepalm*

Except the bosses have been boring and uninventive since long before U7, and it's just another patch gone by without them getting any real fix.

Except the bosses have been boring and uninventive since long before U7, and it's just another patch gone by without them getting any real fix.

^This. Also, I find it hard to believe the whole dev team went to pax.

my only issue with bosses is they're insanely low drop rate for anything signifigant. making them not exactly worth while to run. if i want a certain warframe, i just buy it =0\

For those of us without that level of disposable income, farming bosses REALLY becomes boring, as even the most interestings ones (Jackal especially) become easy to predict and boring once fought several times.

This and "It's a beta" are *never* valid counter-arguments to criticism. No one is saying "Do it right now DE or I'm gonna quit", the assertion is that it needs to be looked at and is important to the community. Complacency is of no use to a beta team, and we, as a community, should be looking at this as a finished game. If we do not, our standards will lower and we will demand less out of the game, and for a game with this much potential would be negligent.

Bosses should have more variety and stay as far away from gimmicks as possible, I dread farming up Saryn because oft he massive roller spam and inconsistent 1 hit KO rocket launcher that boss has. It's not fun to fight re-skins that has just had their damage and HP multiplied by 10 and we already know DE can do better than that, so there's no reason to not expect them to.

I really like the new boss Kela, although her AI is a bit derpy at times...

I like everything about that fight except the insta-kill grenade lob (if it isn't insta-kill, i've never seen someone survive a direct hit from it). I'm actually ok with attacks that can wipe someone out instantly, but not when the boss can follow it up by whipping another one at the poor sap who tries to res whoever got hit.

Otherwise though, that fight can be pretty tense, which is what DE should really be aiming for as far as boss difficulty goes. That, and more arena variety.

You said it. And we're beta testing. Constructive criticism is important to DE. And for the record, I loved update 7. But that doesn't mean that issues like this that have been around for a long time should be ignored.

Yeah, I understand that. But I think some people dont get that some of these bosses are just placeholders. I can understand the wish for more variety, but saying: "Im dissapointed by the bosses", in a beta, is just funny....

Yeah, I understand that. But I think some people dont get that some of these bosses are just placeholders. I can understand the wish for more variety, but saying: "Im dissapointed by the bosses", in a beta, is just funny....

Honestly, considering how poor the design is on bosses, I hope they're all place holders :|

Edited by Aggh

Honestly, considering how poor the design is on bosses, I hope they're all place holders :|

Same here, but that very weak hope. But at least current gamedesign works ^^

Still, I'm want really big boss, or boss with few stages. Jackal somehow closer to good design, imho.

DE has not stated this in any way shape or form. There is absolutely no reason to believe that the current bosses are not what they intend to be in the final game until we are given a reason to believe so. "It's a beta" isn't a reason, DE hasn't said they would be changed, and they don't have a track record of updating old bosses/making them more complex.

Same here, but that very weak hope. But at least current gamedesign works ^^

Still, I'm want really big boss, or boss with few stages. Jackal somehow closer to good design, imho.

Jackal is currently the only boss that FEELS like a boss, imo... I would like a few more, at the very least, on his scale. The other bosses I view as more mid-stage bosses.