Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Have Figured Out How To Solve The Ammo Dilemma (Ammo 2.0)

Sebastianx

In just 2 simple steps:

1. Max ammo of a weapon is determined by its fire rate,so just give it a simple ratio of whatever you please. (ex. : weapon firing 1 shot per second should have a max of 100 ammo,but a weapon that fires 10 shots per second should have 1000 ammo)

- Here you may wonder what will happen if you put a fire rate or max ammo capacity mod. Well it's simple,every fire rate and ammo mod will be replaced in your inventory with a new mod,that gives both fire rate and ammo capacity into one in equal amounts (much like the nightmare mods).

-Also,Accelerated Blast and other dual mods that give fire rate will get the same treatment,still gives the fire rate and puncture damage increase but with an addition of max ammo equal to the fire rate increase (which makes it a triple stat mod).

2. Make every ammo pick-up restore a percentage of the max ammo (with the ratios I've given a 5% per pick-up sounds reasonable,but this one should be adjusted after some player feedback on how the new system feels.

Edited by Sebastianx

In just 2 simple steps:

1. Max ammo of a weapon is determined by its fire rate,so just give it a simple ratio of whatever you please. (ex. : weapon firing 1 shot per second should have a max of 100 ammo,but a weapon that fires 10 shots per second should have 1000 ammo)

- Here you may wonder what will happen if you put a fire rate or max ammo capacity mod. Well it's simple,every fire rate and ammo mod will be replaced in your inventory with a new mod,that gives both fire rate and ammo capacity into one in equal amounts (much like the nightmare mods).

-Also,Accelerated Blast and other dual mods that give fire rate will get the same treatment,still gives the fire rate and puncture damage increase but with an addition of max ammo equal to the fire rate increase (which makes it a triple stat mod).

2. Make every ammo pick-up restore a percentage of the max ammo (with the ratios I've given a 5% per pick-up sounds reasonable,but this one should be adjusted after some player feedback on how the new system feels.

EDIT: Oups,can a moderator please fuse this post with the one I made on the Weapon feedback section? This is in the wrong section.

Edited by Sebastianx

No. Since many weapons are balanced around the fact that they do very high damage, but have constant ammo draining *cough* twin vipers *cough*, that would break it.

So you'd rather have weapons that you can fire for 10 seconds until you remain out of ammo just to wait 2 min to refill your ammo? while there are weapons that can fire for an eternity and STILL do damage and not even bother with ammo? (ogris/penta)

No. Since many weapons are balanced around the fact that they do very high damage, but have constant ammo draining *cough* twin vipers *cough*, that would break it.

Nah, no weapon is balanced around ammo, it's just a myth. Penta, Ogris, and Stug might as well just have an infinity symbols next to their ammo count. Stug can shot fast, but its ammo pick-up are so common and large there is no need for conservation.

Edited by LazyKnight

Ogris and Penta with 560 shots. While Miter only has 72.

Oh yeah, that makes no sense but I always regarded it as a gun specific problem.

Also, I can't see any problem with submachine guns using the same ammo pool as any other gun. Just use an ammo mutation.

I consider it an issue with people not slotting the mods for it. There might be some guns that would benefit from additional ammo (as full auto secondaries, which only have 200), but it wouldn't make a difference for most guns.

If you posted this in the wrong section, you can Report your own post to have a mod move it to another.

Oh yeah, that makes no sense but I always regarded it as a gun specific problem.

Also, I can't see any problem with submachine guns using the same ammo pool as any other gun. Just use an ammo mutation.

I wanna see you with a Gunslinger mod on the Twin Vipers,and your ammo mutation,I wanna see if your ammo lasts more than 1 minute vs lvl 40+ grineer.

I wanna see you with a Gunslinger mod on the Twin Vipers,and your ammo mutation,I wanna see if your ammo lasts more than 1 minute vs lvl 40+ grineer.

Perhaps Gunslinger on twin Vipers isn't the best idea.

Perhaps taking the twin Vipers(impact damage) to fight the Grineer (impact proof armor) isn't a good idea either.

Edited by Phantasmo

Ogris and Penta with 560 shots. While Miter only has 72.

Is that really a problem though? I mean, the miter is classified as a sniper type of weapon so 72 is the limit all snipers have unless you mod them. The Orgris and Penta are classified as rifles and I'm sure all rifles have 560 ammo. But yes, they could add another type of ammunition such as "Explosives." The best they could do is re-categorize the miter to be a rifle then the ammo would be 560. 

On Topic: If you know how to use your weapons, you wouldn't have shortage of ammo. There are also ammo boxes that you can make to use instead of using a mod slot for ammo mutation. The game isn't meant to be spray and pray. It's all about tactics, well soon, since some warframes can clear maps unbelievably fast.

There's an ammo problem?  Since when?  Some guns eat bullets, some don't.  You want more, increase your max ammo and/or use an ammo mutator.  Or you can use that ammo type scavenger aura.  Not sure what is so difficult about this.

If it is about the Penta and Ogris having too much ammo, complain and have DE switch them to sniper ammo type and be done with it.  Though, i would think the Penta would qualify more like a shot gun personally (kinda like the new Phage).

Ammo by fire rate, uh no.  I don't even know how any would be able to hold 2000+ bullets for twin vipers on their person if that ever came to be.  Some weapons will use ammo faster than others, just like some frames are faster than others.  This idea just hurts my head.

The only ammo problem we have is that you can see shotgun ammo drop when carrying a Sniper or an AR (ie the only reason we even need the ammo mutation mods in the first place). Past that, gun ammo economy is fine. You're suppose to have different guns do different things, not the same thing each time. Taking a bullet hose into any mission will always lead to potential ammo starvation. That's why we have sidearms.

Seriously, this is standard issue stuff for ANY shooter. What are you expecting from a bullet hose as far as ammo consumption? If you want it at a less rapid rate, try a corrupted mod that lowers fire rate instead of whining about how you keep losing ammo so fast even though you're not letting go of the fire button to burst fire...

In just 2 simple steps:

EDIT: Oups,can a moderator please fuse this post with the one I made on the Weapon feedback section? This is in the wrong section.

There was an ammo problem? I didn't know that.

usually, you are supposed to buy gear, like team ammo restores. Thats what I use them for. That being said, I've only used Team Ammo restores a handful of times ever, because the game gives me an overly abundant amount of ammo. The only times I have problems is when I spray bullets with guns that have terrible ammo efficiency. usually guns with horrible ammo efficiency have very high dps, so using short controlled bursts with them will conserve your ammo and still drop enemies quickly.

you can mod guns to work differently, but you should usually play off their strengths, and use a secondary based on your primary guns weaknesses, and likewise the other way around.

In just 2 simple steps:

No.

Weapon ammo numbers are fine. They make people take note of ammo conservation, if you do then you rarely run out of ammo except for a few cases. which is where the other weapons you carry come in. Switch to another weapon while you restock.

Edited by Silvershadow66