Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting Dev Response - Cash Shop Balance Issues And Concerns

Yurilica

One should note that there's close to nothing to do in the game at this point besides grind out weapons and warframes to play around with. Anyone who buys them from the shop is missing out on half the fun, in my opinion.

Beyond all of my hopes is that this game goes from being the "grind out the missions" state that it's in towards a seriously story orientated role. I want an engrossing story that evolves over time, not a static kill ship and raid planets game with no overall feeling of progress.

Beyond all of my hopes is that this game goes from being the "grind out the missions" state that it's in towards a seriously story orientated role. I want an engrossing story that evolves over time, not a static kill ship and raid planets game with no overall feeling of progress.

The mysterious stalker seems to be step one in the path to having a story-based mission progression. Who is he? Are there multiples? Can we actually kill them? Can we prevent them? It all leaves room for story development.

With the state that the credit system is in currently, I'd say that 50,000 to 75,000 credits to purchase a catalyst blueprint would be fair, considering how much time it takes to acquire that many credits nowadays. I was upwards of 370,000 credits by the time update 7 rolled out. I am constantly fusing mods, so I have a lot less in terms of credits.

Weapon slots should NOT be 12 plat, they should be 10 platinum each. It'd be fair to newer players. Granted, the convenience cost is fairly cheap, but still... for new players to be met with such barriers is quite discouraging. I agree on some points with the OP, but the current acquisition methods for catalysts and reactors are pretty crummy.

Edited by Vaskadar

With the state that the credit system is in currently, I'd say that 50,000 to 75,000 credits to purchase a catalyst blueprint would be fair, considering how much time it takes to acquire that many credits nowadays. I was upwards of 370,000 credits by the time update 7 rolled out. I am constantly fusing mods, so I have a lot less in terms of credits.

Weapon slots should NOT be 12 plat, they should be 10 platinum each. It'd be fair to newer players. Granted, the convenience cost is fairly cheap, but still... for new players to be met with such barriers is quite discouraging. I agree on some points with the OP, but the current acquisition methods for catalysts and reactors are pretty crummy.

Cough.

DoingMPrime75times.

Cough.

Using myself as an example, I have found 3 as a result of ~39 hours of gameplay. Can you really tell me that 13 hours of gameplay is "fair" to receive a single reactor/catalyst? When an item such as this is so integral to one's level of power, they need to be a bit easier to obtain.

Yes, actually. One every 13h reliably would be somewhat fair. Because then an average player knocking out 2 hours a day of gaming in Warframe would get a reactor/catalyst a week, which is probably about where the number should be. They should accumulate quickly enough that people feel like they're a goal that can easily be worked towards, while not quickly enough that you can upgrade all your weapons and gear without either paying real money or grinding a ton.

I think the problems with the system involve the RNG based aspect of this, not the existence of supercharging.

I've gotten 13 potatoes from farming ruk over in saturn for embers BP. That may well just be my end.

Just..throwing that out there..not saying OMG GET ALL THE FREE POTATOES IN SATURN!

Just wish I could get the BP's to do something with them. :/

Edited by DirkDeadeye

One, this is a non competative game(In the sense that no one can stomp your face in just for a laugh).

Two, cash shop players pay more in Plat than they do in credits for any item.

Three, ALL gameplay affecting items are available if you want to just play the game completely free.

Four, you'd be hard pressed to find another free to play game that is as generous in its cash shop mechanics.

So yeah, this thread is completely pointless.

Edited by Kaerakh

One way to solve all this complaing is simple allow shops to sell blueprint for reactors tahts it simple.

As for weapon and warframe slots 2WF slots and 8 weapon slots is more then enough for lots of players.

also you start game with 50Plat or 150Plat if u was in clsoed beta ever one got 100Plat for being in closed beta. think tehre was also a time when ever one got more plat if they were logged in at one point because a dev did some kind of update accident and had to roll back accounts.

One, this is a non competative game(In the sense that no one can stomp your face in just for a laugh).

Three, ALL gameplay affecting items are available if you want to just play the game completely free.

Four, you'd be hard pressed to find another free to play game that is as generous in its cash shop mechanics.

Everquest 2 and DoTA two are both much more generous and much more profitable. EQ2 hands you 5$ worth of store credit every month if you have a sub with them (13$/mo), and the prices for things are very low, also the things you can buy are entirely cosmetic, or small boosts, or small utilities. You can't buy gear in their shop that contributes to your character in a large way. DoTA2 gives you a chance every game to find an entire item of varying rarity, and guarantees an item every time you level, and the exp to level is always the same. You can buy items you want from the shop, trade with other players, or try a lottery for really rare things. Again, their shop is entirely cosmetic and doesn't affect the game.

Those games can do that because they have a good game that their fan bases really like to play and progress in and the developers don't need to rope in a nickle and dime mechanic that clamps down progression. Warframe doesn't need that either, this can be a good enough game to not have to resort to a Korean cash shop where you're 50% as effective as someone who pays money. DE isn't going to change, they're too far into such a system already, and it's going to hurt the game (and monetization) in the long run, but I just wanted to point out it didn't have to be like this.

I agree that in theory available. Only recipes Catalyst and reactor exhibited one or two times a week. And most of the difficult tasks, which under the current system of "free" player will not risk to go. So many players, or just go to lose interest. Although I will say that given the inventory system, even the most "free" players will find a way to spend money. And if some things are more available and many pypl will spend money for game... without considering that their forced =)

All the same, of course, up to you.