Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man, This Grinlock Aint So Bad!

TylerFreeman

yeah, this rifles pretty cool as hell.

first off, it has no recoil whatsoever making it perfect for marksmen and etc, it feels pretty strong. also, I am totally digging the lever action style whenever I shoot, feels pretty badass.

most of its damage is synchronized around impact cause hey, grineer despise corpus alot so essentially its more of a grineer's take on the latron design.

my slightest pet peeve with it is its crafted through clan-tech but hey I have no qualms with this decision since currently there were only 2 grineer weapons when clans were introduced, at the very least its kind've weird to sell it in the market when you can research it in clan-tech.

all in all, I gotta say props to the animation design, this is certainly a keeper for me.

tumblr_mzuro1MSZ21s9of95o1_500.png

EDIT : forgot to mention it also comes with a V polarity so its all good.

Edited by TheAuraMaster

You people have the money to just throw around on a weapon you know virtually nothing about and was just released? This happens with every new item I know, but I just can't help but feel like a tool sitting here trying to get the thing the "boring" way of crafting cuz I don't want to drop 6-8 bucks on a single weapon. Makes me feel cheated.

Well people who drop a few bucks into it are valuable because they can provide us of the basic feel and any bugs or problems that may occur allowing a quicker and swifter response taken to improve the design of the weapon for the rest of the community to enjoy. I am glad they put it into the labs and honestly I think that wepaons in the Labs should be the weapons you strive to earn through a slow and expensive way yet provide you with the best late game weapons while the market place should contain weapons of low to mid level game play.

Edited by AllanIncubi

You people have the money to just throw around on a weapon you know virtually nothing about and was just released? This happens with every new item I know, but I just can't help but feel like a tool sitting here trying to get the thing the "boring" way of crafting cuz I don't want to drop 6-8 bucks on a single weapon. Makes me feel cheated.

well hey, im just honestly doin this for the sake of reviewing, although my part has a lil bit favoritism in it but hey, atleast it helps keep people informed.

I've literally seen people say "Hey, this game looks cool.  I plan to spend $100 on it.  What should I buy with that?"

They literally haven't even installed the game, and they've committed themselves to spending $100 on a F2P.  Man, I'd love to just be able to toss money around like it was nothin' some day.

Well what people say they are going to spend means not a lot, generally if you like a game and want it to grow you should think about investing at least as much as you would spend on a payed for game.

If you would normally wait for a game to go on sale as you are on a budget then factor that in.

less than 30% of FTP players actually spend any money at all as a rule.

When I see people splash cash on new gear I think great! that is profit for this company that is making something I enjoy, no I will never buy a weapon from the market, not a chance lol but don't let it bother you that others can and do, just think that the cash they spend is paying for your free play and say cool, I will get that next week for free.

As to this gun, it looks to me, like an impact/slash version of my sniperton vandal, less crit chance more status chance but both have 6 shots, both have similar total base damage and similar reload time.

I love my vandal so I will most likely get this

Please tell me this thing has no stupid sniper scope..

DE ruined my rifles with that crappy addition, can't play them anymore.

its advertised as an all mid to long range type of weappon, it doesn't have a sniper scope so you should try and take in the fact its a grineer latron

Well what people say they are going to spend means not a lot, generally if you like a game and want it to grow you should think about investing at least as much as you would spend on a payed for game.

If you would normally wait for a game to go on sale as you are on a budget then factor that in.

less than 30% of FTP players actually spend any money at all as a rule.

When I see people splash cash on new gear I think great! that is profit for this company that is making something I enjoy, no I will never buy a weapon from the market, not a chance lol but don't let it bother you that others can and do, just think that the cash they spend is paying for your free play and say cool, I will get that next week for free.

where did you get the 30% facts?  you know 90% of internet facts are wrong.

most players that spend money what the best or lazy.  they aren't really intentially supporting they like have all the items or like to be ahead of players even though the item may suck.  i think anyone that donates to the game want it to grow.  i mean people go to walmart to shop, not support it.

Edited by Pure

because 100% crits aren't impressive on bows /sarcasm.

A faster reload, bullets in a mag, and less need to lead the target due to hitscan all give the Grinlock higher damage potential.

Actually, I stand corrected. Grinlok sits just below Dread and below PPrime in terms of DPS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEdgMHjBhOHdFk1dTBxQUdoOXBmOTN2TTFkTjBvTUE&usp=drive_web#gid=6

TTK is even more heavily weighted.

where did you get the 30% facts?  you know 90% of internet facts are wrong.

You do know that the 90% of facts on the net being wrong is itself an internet fact that is wrong lol

There are many industry studies done, results vary some as low as less than 1 percent, I chose 30% as a safe number as it is a greater percentage than any study I have yet seen by a margin, Therefore the statement that less than 30% is factual though actually generous.

Terminator's rifle, dude. Who can resist?